NEurope
flameboy

First Tiger Woods Hands-on

I'll definitely be getting this. Loved the other Tiger Woods games on the GC so a new one with the Wii controls is gonna be pretty damn good.

I'm waiting till they release an online one - I'll stick to albatross 18 on the pc the now it is online and it's FREE. A real shame too as I like the Tiger Woods games a missed opportunity I reckon.

NGamer say: "Wii Sports has better golf controls. And it's free. So, free innovation or £40 broken-innovation-attempt". 60%.

NGamer say: "Wii Sports has better golf controls. And it's free. So, free innovation or £40 broken-innovation-attempt". 60%.

It's really interesting how Ngamer reviewed game 1½ months before game is going to be released.

I was going to get this, but I heard that they plan on releasing Tiger Woods 08 at the same time as all the others, so I think I will leave it and see what improvements they can make second time round.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=14483

Another new retailer list pops up, and with it comes two more game confirmations. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008 is one of the titles, which is slated for August. I guess EA plans on getting the Wii version out alongside all the other versions this time.

I'll wait until tiger woods 2008 comes out in August - lets hope this one is online!

Was toying with the Tiger Woods game, although I read it wasn't that hot (NGamer review I think). If there's another coming out in August I'll definitely hold off and make a decision further down the line.

I was really looking forward to this , but all these luke-warm reviews are making me reconsider.

I will probably also wait for the next one , although I do desperately need some new games.

I was really looking forward to this , but all these luke-warm reviews are making me reconsider.

Did you actually read the reviews, or just checked the score? 1UP's review was just a joke*, Gamespot's review gave game low score even if only negative thing they had was how online is missing and graphics aren't really that good.

* In fact, it is copy of yesterday's preview from word to word.

I did read them - Gamespots was more encouraging admittedly , but it does seem that there may still be some control issues. I was hoping IGN stick a review up soon because they were another that mentioned control issues in their previews.

Seeing as the US gets the game today I will be checking the forums to see what sort of feedback others (those that play the game properly) will give it.

Did you actually read the reviews, or just checked the score? 1UP's review was just a joke*, Gamespot's review gave game low score even if only negative thing they had was how online is missing and graphics aren't really that good.

* In fact, it is copy of yesterday's preview from word to word.

Sounds like there's a Easy setting and a advanced setting. The advaced setting is more realistic but you have to keep your remote straight unless you want to hook or slice. It sounds good besides some of the minor control issues and the poor graphics. When do they usually do their yearly installments of Tigers' Golf game anyway?

Sounds like there's a Easy setting and a advanced setting. The advaced setting is more realistic but you have to keep your remote straight unless you want to hook or slice. It sounds good besides some of the minor control issues and the poor graphics. When do they usually do their yearly installments of Tigers' Golf game anyway?

august/september time...

yeah they seemed a lot more positive about it, although I will likely miss this one out and get 08 instead...

I think others will, too. Why get this when you can get the much more recent update a few months later?

I'm also a tad bit surprised at how quickly EA have worked on the 08 version. I mean, talk about fast. Makes you wonder if they've started 09 already.

Got it and like it, putting is much better and the control works really well, one big difference with Wii sports is that if you want to shoot straight then you must swing straight, do not do this then the ball will curve, but you could use this as a tactic. Lots of modes as well.

If your after a golf game then you will not go wrong with this.

Hopefully the game will feature better graphics and online play (50/50 chance) then it will be a must.

Got it and like it, putting is much better and the control works really well

Thats encouraging , I was unsure about this and it does seem to be a real love it/hate it game.

Decided to order it anyway (at the very worst it can always go on ebay) - then read ONM's review , 55% oops , and nearly cancelled the order.

That is my opinion of the game some people might disagree with it, has anyone else got it?

Getting reviews like Red Steel and Sonic, some love it and some haet at as for ONM, will I ignore all official magazines.

Game rankings always gives a good idea of how good a game is

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/934378.asp

I really hope this sells well, sonic has not done to bad but Wii needs a few more third party games to sell well.