NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Caris

Post 1 song that means something to you.

As the title says, it can mean anything to you, even if it just cheers you up like no other song, it could have a private meaning, memory of childhood etc.

Feel free to discuss each others songs.

So post it, i'll start.

Bedooin sound clash: When the night feels my song.

Joshua Radin - Winter.

Someone on these boards introduced me to the track, I'm afraid I forget who! It was on Scrubs, so you may have heard of it. I only spend about 15% of my life being a happy slightly hyperactive moron, and the other 85% of the time, my mood and actions are echoed in this song. Yes, that means I'm a miserable git. Basically, if you listen to this song, and imagine a guy dressed in scruffy clothes, sitting on the floor looking thoughtful, it'll look a lot like me.

There's so many songs that mean something to me. I've found it personally hard to try and narrow it down to one, but (at a push), I've managed to choose this song:

Foo Fighters - Everlong

Just sorta symbolises what I'm going through at the moment.

This part in particular:

"And I wonder

When I sing along with you

If everything could ever feel this real forever

If anything could ever be this good again

The only thing I'll ever ask of you

You've got to promise not to stop when I say when

She sang "

At the moment, I'm sorta going through a rough patch with you know who. I'm just wondering if we'll ever have good times like that again, and if I'll ever feel the way she used to make me feel again.

I've liked this song for many years, and it just seems to always speak to me. To me, its about happiness, sadness, joy and remorse. It'll probably mean different things for someone else, but this is what it means to me.

Paul Simon- Call me Al

to me, this song IS The South of France. It was on my dads car tape deck seemingly every year we were there. Helps that it's also bloody brilliant

Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton

The only song played at my fathers funeral

Bob Dylan - Things have changed

'People are crazy and times are strange

I'm locked in tight and out of range

I used to care but things have changed'

Bit of a strange one but....

I'll Be OK - McFly!

This song was playing when i rolled my car and hit tree last year (nearly a whole year ago now), you would think that I would then associate with pain, etc and would want to forget it but strangely I found myself listening to that song over and over - sometimes I couldn't get to sleep without that song playing!

It Ends Tonight - All American-Rejects

A great wallowing song.

KoRn - Alone I Break

KoRn - Coming Undone

KoRn - Open Up

KoRn - Somebody Someone

i used to hear messagse in these songs when i had schizophrenia

KoRn - Alone I Break

KoRn - Somebody Someone

Im with ya on those, in addition to Got the Life, one of the happiest songs ever (by Korn)

No-one But You - Queen

Written by Brian May after Princess Diana's death, No-one But You is a song about Freddie Mercury and has inspiration from Princess Diana's death. Its a really powerful song "no-one but you, only the good die young". You can hear the power if both Brian May's and Roger Taylor's voices and can tell just how much they miss Freddie. Yhey thank him for "Making a sensation" - he's the one that made queen although they all are very talented, and they recognise that and thank him for it.

It is such a moving song, when performed at the Queen musical "We Will Rock You" it brought a tear to most people's eyes in the audience.

Lately "I miss you now" by the Stereophonics has been played a lot by me. The title says it all.

Rez - Area 5 music (Fear by Adam Freeland) its the first song me and Letty listened to thanks to Rez and because of that its kinda our song.

Jojoushi - The defining song.

That one is awesome, you had posted it before, but I totally forgot about it.

It's difficult to single out just one song but I would probably have to go with 'Hurt' by Nine Inch Nails (although the Johnny Cash cover is equally awesome).

It's an absolutely beautiful song and one that really got me through some tough times , and even listening to it now reminds me of those times and makes me appreciate how I came through it so it gives me the strength to deal with most of the stuff that comes my way.

"Everything In It's Right Place" by Radiohead. It was used for music in a scene for a drama exam when I was in Year 10. And "Everyting In It's Right Place" reminds me of the laughs and good times I had with my GCSE Drama group. Can't go back now, bugger. :sad:

Do You Realise - Flaming Lips

For me, it's a minor anthem. A small but no less significant viewpoint on life. Besides being a bloody great song.

coldplay - fix you (makes me think about stuff lol)

ben folds - heist (cheers me up)

Together Forever - From the Pokemon First Series Soundtrack

For me, this symbolises my most important friendship ever. And it's so jolly.

To me, R Kelly's Trapped In The Closet is special just for the line 'midget, midget, midget, midget'.

Difficult to choose...so many....

1) We didn't start the fire- Billy Joel

2) Globes and Maps- Something Corporate

3) Still- Ben Folds

4) Learn To Live With What You Are- Ben Folds

Just the lyrics mean alot in all of them to me...

Sign in to follow this