NEurope
urso

3rd party memory cards

been looking for memory cards on ebay and was just wondering if 3rd party ones are generally reliable or are there brands I should avoid?

I bought 2 3rd party ones when i firstm got my cube, they both corrupted, i was lucky to put the data onto an official card.

I work in a gamestore. And the earlier 3rd party cards where terible.

But the ones out now are good. Haven't had any complaints.

Just go official....When people suggest you go for 3rd party memory cards they probably haven't played anything to corrupt them.

No Don't ... Go for the best bang for buck you can afford (official or otherwise) - any manufacturer is prone to issues...

Hell I even had a 1Gig Compact Flash by SanDisk crap out on me...and I like my SanDisk...

Offial aint always the "perceived best"...however I always root for the underdog!

I've had a few problems with the 3rd Party Memory cards, so i always have stuck with the Official cards. They are more money, but are a whole lot more reliable.

Always stick with the official ones, I've never had a problem with mine, but have heard of a lot of 3rd party ones corrupting the data.

Like Zech I always use official cards. I would hate to lose all the data I have for all my games and 3rd party cards cant be trusted IMO.

GAME cards seem to work pretty well, I have never had any trouble with them (though I have had trouble with other 3rd Party Memory Cards.. very frustrating!)

..got a 64Mb GAME memory card for the Gamecube a few months ago for £8 and I haven't had any problems.. it is fantastic.. and so much room :bouncy:

Every single 3rd party memory card ive used on the cube has become corrupted for me so I never guy them anymore

I was going to get a 2040 block one from lik-sang but we all know what happened to that.

my friends all bought no-name brand cards and they all corupted

i bought hip gear ones and they've been fine same with my mad katz one

Plenty of backing here for the Game branded memory cards. I got one with my GameCube and it was fine and dandy for a good while, but has been known to corrupt itself up. I got Official ones from then on (plus one purple one, cos I needed more space) and the Game one now has only trivial things saved on it. Sometimes it would say it was corrupted up the wazoo, then after turning off the Cube and trying again, everything was stil intact.

Official ones are probably the way to go, I've had not one bit of bother with em. :smile:

Yeah they suck ASS. 193 hours + worth of work on symphonia down the drain. I do however have a back up somewhere at around 50 hours of play time. 100% completion doesn't seem so close anymore.