NEurope
Jamba

MySpace

OK, this site is completely marmite by the look of things: you either love it or you hate it. I've recently started up and its been fun but wanted to know what everyone else thinks....

I can feel an anti-emo rant coming right now...

OMAGAWDZ, WILL UZ GIV ME SUM PICTRE COMMENTS ON MYSPZE PLZXXX! ILY!

I deleted my myspace, the whole thing surrounding it just annoyed me.

EDIT: I'm not jumpnig on any bandwagon, i just hate myspace.

Meh, I signed up years ago because it was a good way to keep in touch with my friends. That was back when if I said "emo" to someone on these boards or at school, they said "wtf is emo?" - so it hadn't become a trend to diss it yet. I don't use it though, I check it for messages from time to time - but I don't use the blog, search for people, add music or find new bands. It's just "there".

I neither love it nor hate it, though I do hold some contempt for the fools who jump on the "lets diss emo kids and myspace!" bandwagon. I'm also not impressed with the awful designs of pages you can find, like ten videos per page, javascript cursors and animated backgrounds... *shudder*. Everyone should have to pass a stupidty test before they're allowed to contribute to the internet in any fashion, but that's not a rant that's strictly myspace.

It only sucks if your friends are a load of tosh, and it does reveal to you which ones are complete fucking sad losers who make bulletins saying stuff like "what shall I have for lunch today?"

I never add anyone who I don't know in real life, as that isn't why I use it, although many people do use it for those reasons.

So yeh, it depends on how many of your friends use it, and depends on how sad the company you keep are.

I wish I could pull them through the compy and break their necks and eat their hearts and shit, just the regular stuff.

I wish I could pull them through the compy and break their necks and eat their hearts and shit, just the regular stuff.

Er........come again?

Facebook is just a socially acceptable myspace.

I made a myspace about this time last year because I had a 4000 word essay to do, and another like 1500 or 1000 word essay on top of that, and we all know, when you have work to do, EVERYTHING is better than doing that work. I also ended up buying an inflatable punchbag, and some crap off eBay. That's how bad it is, spending MONEY is better is better than doing work.

But yeah, I have myspace and facebook, myspace is a mess of emo teens and stuff, well, judging from the people I know on it. I barely go on it, and if I do, it's not for communicating with people much, usually to just check out someone's pictures or to see how many people I can go through that I don't know to find them having a friend I do know. Seriously, ANYTHING is better than doing work.

I've got a MySpace account I never use. My only "friend" on it is Nathan Fillion.

I actually started posting blogs and stuff when i was bored. Then i looked at what i had become a part of, a bunch of rich kids who think their life is hard, asking for picture comments and posting about how they woke up later then the day before. So i don't bother anymore, I'm no emo, and i refuse to join their bratty onslaught on the world. I only go on it to check out if the bands i like have announced anything, I've found MySpace is really useful for that.

N-Europe should make a branded myspace with a similar theme to the website to get a spike in hits.

MySpace really is the Devil. I think i've just matured with time with regards to what i use the internet for. I mainly use it now for business, research, news etc. I dont use it as a medium to get to know strangers. Which is weird, because i used to; man i used to log on every night to update my faceparty profile, hell i even made a few girlfriends out of it.

It's odd, but now, i just cant do it. I'd rather have somewhere where i could just have my friends and not be hassled by anyone else. That's why your own blogs are just so much better.

I use MySpace to keep contact with me old schoolmates, If I was still at school I wouldn't have one. I don't love it or hate it. I just use it so I don't end up severing ties with people I actually liked...

Have never really used Myspace. What I find annoying is when you view a person's page and you have a song blaring out of your speakers. Has me reaching for the pause button immediately.

Also can't stand txt speak, so get annoyed when reading a lot of myspace/facebook profiles and its full of the stuff.

I think I prefer facebook to myspace. There's too many accounts on myspace where the person's background makes it damn hard to read their actual profile. Fools.

been member for over a year now eres mine

www.myspace.com/beermonkeyv1

got plain white background with pink looks ace got some wii stuff, random stuff as well :)

alot of my mates use it as well so its good to keep in touch with them over myspace instead of texting etc