NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ant-Shimmin

Guide to getting a Wii

Mods please don't delete this, maybe this thread can be updated for local game shops and wether they have them in or no

FACT: Game and Gamestation get 50 in per week and take Pre-Orders starting after the shipment, pending how heavy the demand is where you live it is highly unlikely their will be consoles available for general sale from the 50 given to the shop.

Other shops such as Argos, PC World, Curry's, Comet, Woolworths get them at a different ratio pending on the demand E.G 10 one week 60 the next

You willl be searching for DAYS finding a Wii in the shops on general sale and the demand has yet to die down.

When will Wii's be commonly available?

The best chance of you getting a Wii will be from the Beginning of Feb to the end of March. After March you may struggle with retailers opting to cull their Wii deliveries for the release of the PS3, with expecption to Game and Gamestation

What is the best thing to do

Pre Order £20 deposit is all that it takes and you are guranteed to have a Wii on the next shipment or what ever shipment they state. No hassle, no thing, they call you and you get a Wii easy as Pie!

I don't have the time to get down to the High Street

I often ring up my local store and ask them about games/consoles and when they will be in or not and they are very knowledgeable and helpful...

You can find the contact telephone numbers in your local directory book or by clicking the following links

GAME STORE

http://www.game.co.uk/help/storefinder.aspx?ref=topnav

GAMESTATION STORE LOCATOR

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/store_locator/

Wii hunting can be easy if you are patient and give it time

Anyone with the faintest whifter of determination could have scored one on launch week if they worked hard enough. I didn't have a pre-order.

Laziness plus a little bad luck means you don't have one now.. mostly laziness.

My buddy just got his from GameStation.co.uk because he's lazy.

Anyone with the faintest whifter of determination could have scored one on launch week if they worked hard enough. I didn't have a pre-order.

Launch day for me WITHOUT a preorder. Just like people go to shopping centres and park real close to the entrance because they can't be bothered walking a few extra steps, they can't be bothered exerting a little extra effort to get a Wii console. I did and was rewarded because of it.

Same here, I walked for 30 minutes out of town to a business park, went to a store that was listed on Nindie.co.uk as my nearest independant Nintendo retailer.

Have you got any Wiis?

- Yes, I think we've got one left.. do you want a nunchuck with that?

They bought me down a unit, Wii Play and some accesories.

Had a pre-order. In a very busy store. But i scored one day one. The new ones will come very soon and then there will be supply.

But whats the harm in pre-ordering? It's not really like it takes that much effort, and plus you've got more of a chance of securing one.

I got my GF to hold one at tesco and my dad went and bought it, as HMV wouldn't of full filled my preorder by now.

I've had 7 of them.. getting 1 shouldn't be that hard if you just try.

and because of that there are less in the shops.

yay.

and because of that there are less in the shops.

yay.

I think he's talking about the shop he works in.

Guide to getting a Wii: Go to a store and buy one, multiple payment options are available to the consumer...

Sign in to follow this