NEurope
Nintendork

Component looks better huh?

at the end of the day, all you people saying that Wii looks shit compared to 360 on a HDTV are really ... well..... dumb... Wii isnt a HD console so it will NOT look good on a HDTV .. so why are you even mentioning that GoW looks better on a HDTV when its a HDTV Supported game compared to Zelda which was designed to run on the Gamecube, a console made when HDTV's wernt even out

at the end of the day, all you people saying that Wii looks shit compared to 360 on a HDTV are really ... well..... dumb... Wii isnt a HD console so it will NOT look good on a HDTV .. so why are you even mentioning that GoW looks better on a HDTV when its a HDTV Supported game compared to Zelda which was designed to run on the Gamecube, a console made when HDTV's wernt even out

Because it does look better.

]Wii isnt a HD console so it will NOT look good on a HDTV

Wii looks great on my Step Dad's HDTV, and thats with the bog-standard composite cables.

Conclusion: Wait for a few years, and get a computer with a 10ghz processor and 3GB RAM for decent graphics.

Conclusion: Wait for a few years, and get a computer with a 10ghz processor and 3GB RAM for decent graphics.
Quote of the year.

PAL Twilight Princess definitely runs in 480p progressive scan, no question about it. Some people may find it hard to tell the difference, but progressive does exactly what it's meant to - polish things up a bit, not provide an extensively clarified display by any means. My TV locks to 480p when the input is such, and Jordan's picture is proof - I have a Samsung TV as well.

Call of Duty actually doesn't run in prog scan or 60Hz while we're on this note, and I know this because my Wii is set to EDTV 480p from the menu then when my friend brought his copy of COD round it set itself back to a woeful 576i/50Hz and the difference was very noticeable.

WarioWare: Smooth movies, a Nintendo published title.

On the back of the box it says 50hz/60hz HDTV/EDTV compatible

I suggest you check out the back of your Zelda box.. and ask yourself why some Nintendo titles have this but others do not.

PALRS.jpg

Not sure if Zelda is 480p or not, don't own it yet. But after getting a component cable for my samsung HDTV I gotta say it looks amazing! Everything is much sharper and easy on the eyes, even just the wii start screen is a ease to read and pretty to look at. Best £23 spent :) And if you can afford a nice hdtv, you can afford the cable :P

WarioWare: Smooth movies, a Nintendo published title.

On the back of the box it says 50hz/60hz HDTV/EDTV compatible

I suggest you check out the back of your Zelda box.. and ask yourself why some Nintendo titles have this but others do not.

PALRS.jpg

Your right its not there on the Zelda box but i can tell you 100% that it does infact run in 480P on my HDTV.

Your right its not there on the Zelda box but i can tell you 100% that it does infact run in 480P on my HDTV.

Yeah, and US version of TP doesn't have HDTV/EDTV logo either, and it sure as hell runs in prog mode.

I have a Scart Lead, the official one, for my Gamecube, is there a better lead?

Yes, component. However, the cable was never released in this country, and due to Nintendo ceasing manufacture of Gamecube consoles with the Digital Out socket from May 2004 onwards, it's also quite rare.

If your Gamecube is an older model that has the Digital Out socket and you really want a component cable for it, your best bet is probably eBay. Click here for a list of what's currently available.

Surely that could just be a "forced image" or something (as in the console runs the game in 50Hz, but converts that signal to 480p).

Something stranger:

3 Nintendo launch games: Zelda, Wii Sports and Wii Play. Why does Wii Play have a "50/60Hz" logo, and the other two don't?

3 Nintendo launch games: Zelda, Wii Sports and Wii Play. Why does Wii Play have a "50/60Hz" logo, and the other two don't?

Nintendo probably started to print their own games long before they had actually finalized what logos cases should carry.

No composite looks better.

Seeing that Wii looks like a CD drive, would it be possible in the future to "chip it" so that it has DVD, HD-DVD and Blue Ray functionality?

Yes, component. However, the cable was never released in this country, and due to Nintendo ceasing manufacture of Gamecube consoles with the Digital Out socket from May 2004 onwards, it's also quite rare.

If your Gamecube is an older model that has the Digital Out socket and you really want a component cable for it, your best bet is probably eBay. Click here for a list of what's currently available.

Thankyou, I ran mine off an RF cable at first, then the SCART lead, I'm not sure whether to bother upgrading to this, I reckon my Gamecube will allow it as I got it at launch. Is it worth the upgrade?

Thankyou, I ran mine off an RF cable at first, then the SCART lead, I'm not sure whether to bother upgrading to this, I reckon my Gamecube will allow it as I got it at launch. Is it worth the upgrade?

To be honest, I'm not sure. I never bought a component cable for my Gamecube, so I don't know how much better the picture quality is with it than what you get with the RGB scart cable. You need the component cable for progressive scan, but not every Gamecube title supports that.

I can say 100% that it is definitely worth it as far as Component over composite. I've been running my Gamecube off component for a few years now and there really is a BIG improvement over composite. However, as I've never run it through RGB, I can't say what the difference would be.

This is one of the most illinformed and ignorant threads i have read on these forums, and thats saying something.

This is one of the most illinformed and ignorant threads i have read on these forums, and thats saying something.

Oh come on then mighty lord of knowledge, set us all straight!

*Zelda is 480p* Component is the best connection available (for the GC/Wii). Need anymore useless factual information oh mighty lord of RF connections?

nintendork:Component looks better huh?

me: no...

so i brought um back..

and the guy at the counter says , "these are opposite component cables"...

thats why they look worse...

then i got the regular component cables and my balls have never looked shinier....(wii sports balls , bowling ,etc..my god)

at first i thought "why the shit would opposite cables even exist????"...

then after awhile i thought about it and now i understand why ........