NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
scubahood

Racial Hammer Attack

I blame Nintendo.

Gang culture is about having a sense of family and community when you don't have it elsewhere. In socially deprived areas family life at home is not so good.

People have a natural instinct to search for it elsewhere.. perhaps at the same time it becomes more primitive and the gangs resort to violence and tribal behaviour.

Lol, I'd say that was reasonable, and the rest of Nintendork's post was actually pretty interesting. I think he raises a very very good point, when you're having troubles like that, all you want is to be accepted, and you'll take it wherever you can get it.

On a slightly darker side, I think alot of gang violence goes towards satisfying the dormant primitive bloodthirst in us all, there can be a sick sense of gratification in beating someone to a bloody pulp.

I just read the bbc article link, I think it's even worse that someone who was 19 had to gang up on a 15 year old AND take a hammer to him. Now, not that I approve of it, but if you're 19 you have a natural advantage over a 15 year old anyway, and should be able to handle them without trouble, I suppose it was a bit more than just bettering the other guy though.

The ethnic minorities in this country need to stop being a**holes to be honest. If they don't stop, they should get the boot and return back to their country of origin.

That's the spirit Goron. I suppose we should get rid off all the asian doctors and scientists who are keeping the health service running too?

Idiot.

how is treating women like objects and killing people not awful? ok not all of his songs are that ba.... oh wait virtually every song is like that.

Ok not all rap is the same, but your intention is saying gangsta rap is much more than it seems. I disagree.

i like lots of eminem stuff and maxi jazz and some of the fugees, but 50 cent is just mindless.

It isnt the reason why crimes like this one happen, but its a big influence to some people. im sure most of these people would never have dreamed of vandalising and harming, however, peer pressure and G rap are sometimes the culprits

As I said in my previous post if you actually listened to 50 Cent you would realise that is not all about violence but in fact about having a good time.

You're argument is about as good as me saying that GTA motivated these guys to use a hammer. What next people playing to much San Andreas thus making them using a dildo as a weapon let us wait and see.

The ethnic minorities in this country need to stop being a**holes to be honest. If they don't stop, they should get the boot and return back to their country of origin.

So entire ethnicities are out to get us, are they? Funny, I get along quite well with people of all creeds and colours. Maybe it's because I don't think that their entire race is acting the fool. That could be it.

Related but unrelated at the same time but I think our boarders need to be closed as the immigration problem is getting out of control. Where I work we have immigrant after immigrant come to my till and they are pig iggnorant I really wonder why we bother sometimes. Also to add I think we should give those that can work but can't be arsed a kick up the arse and stop their benefits

I was watching this interview from this dude (a rapper forgot his name) and he was saying we make music for peoples entertainment, not for them to live there life by...I love Rap music, listen to all kinds and like the dude who created the post I never got into a fight or stolen etc..

I hate that when we talk about black people, every single word could make us a racist.

I know. I have all respect for black/muslim or whatever the race may be. But when you say something out of term on accident or if you don't think its being racist. I hate when that person starts calling you a racist, just because they can. It really does my head in.

I hate that when we talk about black people, every single word could make us a racist.

You're generalising. I know plenty of black people we can talk about without every word making us racist. Trevor Macdonald for example.

Is the word black here encompassing everyone non-white, or specifically black people?

I don't think racism is the real cause, the real cause is what I can see right here, and I'd call it ignorance(well, racism IS the cause, but I'm saying that it's ignorance that causes the racism). There's just been a few mentions of stereotypes and generalisations already, and I think it starts from things like that. I'm not on some high horse here pointing fingers and criticising people, I'm saying generally to an extent I think it starts with ignorance that ends up leading to these violent situations.

I remember I used to think, if racism wasn't at all mentioned, would it still exist? Like racism breeds racism, so if there was none to start, would it be here? I'm trying to explain what I mean better, but I can't get it straight right now, I'll have to give it a bit of a think, plus it's nearly half three.

You're generalising. I know plenty of black people we can talk about without every word making us racist. Trevor Macdonald for example.

I meant when talking to everyone not just black people. Its just normal they take it a little more personal (or maybe it isn't, thats the point).

I hear that! I was telling some black kids not to play football near my car and the "n" word slipped out.

Christ, you should have heard them.

Talkiing about a single person from any racial background is very difficult to be racist about.

When you start talking about ethnic minorities and how they should get out of our country, stop causing trouble, give back our jobs (which apparently nobody wants to do) and stop stealing our benefits then you are racist.

You can have an opinion on immigration, but at least read a newspaper before saying something.. because this idea that "they're coming and stealing our jobs" is false. There is a market for these jobs because English people are too lazy to do them. We have lots of Polish people in my town who are working on the army barracks in Colchester.

I am good friends with a few of them, the kids are studying at a colllege while the parents work hard all day- they send every penny home to their families in Poland.

What is wrong with this hey It's totally legal.

I hear that! I was telling some black kids not to play football near my car and the "n" word slipped out.

It slipped out? Do you know how insulting that word is?

It's equivalent to me calling you a filthy piece of shit scumbag who doesn't deserve to live in my community.

Get the fuck off this forum.

Yeah it means something like that, just for example of course.

It becomes that way when instead of just saying "This guy I know got beaten up with a hammer" the story is told as"A guy I know got beaten up by blacks, who had a hammer". Which then leads to people saying "Yeah, why do blacks do this, or blacks do that, it was probably that black music they always listen to, what's with those blacks anyway"

Would anyone have said "He got beaten up by whites?"

I meant when talking to everyone not just black people. Its just normal they take it a little more personal (or maybe it isn't, thats the point).

I was being silly.

I know what you mean. Normally it's white PC do-gooders that say everything is racist and think they are doing good when they are just pissing people off. I mean banning things like baa baa black sheep, black board, black sheep and kettle calling the teapot black. So what if they contain the word black. The last one is about soot for fucks sake.

Now I'm not condoning racism (not in the slightest). But I hate it that bullying occurs in all shapes and sizes yet racism is illegal. People get bullied for all sorts of reasons, fat, skinny, thick, clever, bad at sports, ginger, goofy teeth, homophobia etc. The list goes on. Bullying occurs a lot more in some of these fields (e.g. fat people) than racism. Yeah so black people were slaves. That was over 250 years ago. The holocaust was a lot more recent and a lot more horrific but you don't hear about insults against jews being illegal. And I know a few racist people and they all say that they hate how black people have more rights than others. So if you ask me then abolishing the law against racism would actually decrease it.

It slipped out? Do you know how insulting that word is?

It's equivalent to me calling you a filthy piece of shit scumbag who doesn't deserve to live in my community.

Get the fuck off this forum.

Yeah it means something like that, just for example of course.

He was joking you dumbass.

The holocaust was a lot more recent and a lot more horrific but you don't hear about insults against jews being illegal.

Er, yes you do. They're protected by the same racial and religious hatred laws as everyone else. Indeed holocaust denail is a crime in Germany.

Most of this "They're trying to ban baa baa black sheep!" (Whoever 'they' are) is invented and exaggerated by the media. One clueless supply teacher in the 90s mentions it, and then ten years later whenever the subject of racism comes up people band it about as if it nearly became law.

Er, yes you do. They're protected by the same racial and religious hatred laws as everyone else. Indeed holocaust denail is a crime in Germany.

Most of this "They're trying to ban baa baa black sheep!" (Whoever 'they' are) is invented and exaggerated by the media. One clueless supply teacher in the 90s mentions it, and then ten years later whenever the subject of racism comes up people band it about as if it nearly became law.

Yes but if somebody makes a joke about jews nothing much is likely to be done about it, however if somebody makes a joke about black people then they are racist and narrow minded and deserve to be locked up. This is probably more of a matter of peoples opinions rather than the law.

But isn't baa baa black sheep banned from being sung in schools etc.?

Yes but if somebody makes a joke about jews nothing much is likely to be done about it, however if somebody makes a joke about black people then they are racist and narrow minded and deserve to be locked up. This is probably more of a matter of peoples opinions rather than the law.

But isn't baa baa black sheep banned from being sung in schools etc.?

Both my parents and 2 of my good friends are teachers and they've never been told about it. Nor have they been "banned" from calling a blackboard a blackboard by "they".

I'd say that making jokes about Jews would get you in more trouble than racist jokes, but maybe it's just down to personal experience.

The kind of hysteria is the same when some nugget puts up a huge flagpole in his front garden without planning permission and the council tell him to take it down or pub chains decide a few of their branches wont be done out in footy stuff during the world cup to cater for people who aren't interested in football - cue "ST GEORGES CROSS BANNED from the UK!"headlines.

Both my parents and 2 of my good friends are teachers and they've never been told about it. Nor have they been "banned" from calling a blackboard a blackboard by "they".

I'd say that making jokes about Jews would get you in more trouble than racist jokes, but maybe it's just down to personal experience.

The kind of hysteria is the same when some nugget puts up a huge flagpole in his front garden without planning permission and the council tell him to take it down or pub chains decide a few of their branches wont be done out in footy stuff during the world cup to cater for people who aren't interested in football - cue "ST GEORGES CROSS BANNED from the UK!"headlines.

Well it's true that the media blow everything out of proportion. But you can't deny that racism is taken way more seriously than other forms of bullying. For instance I've seen people being called fat, smelly (often quite harshly) in front of teachers and they've never batted an eyelid. But somebody was expelled from my school for jokingly calling their friend a nigger. Where's the equality in that?

I think sometimes things are getting a bit too PC, like baa baa black sheep being banned(even if it wasnt, just the idea of it). Sheep are black, sheep are white, sheep are diffrent colours. People are black, people are white, people are different colours. Stuff like that completely ignores the distinction, ignores colour, and I think that doesn't do a single thing at all to help stop racism.

People shouldn't try to ignore the difference, but just need to not see it as anything particular or negative, just another difference like hair colour. Of course, there'll be some cultural differences, but it isn't like someone of lower class would hate someone of upper class just because they have very different backgrounds.

Me and my friends actually make alot of racial jokes, not racist, but just jokes based on race sort of thing(not conventional type jokes), I sometimes wonder if people from the outside saw it, we'd seem quite racist, but I don't think we are, just making light of a silly matter. Whilst there majority of my friends in question here are white, none of them are actually racist, and there are a few of us from ethnic backgrounds.

Moogle, the person who got expelled, why did they get expelled? Did the person they called a nigger complain, or was it simply a teacher taking matters into their own hands?

Moogle, the person who got expelled, why did they get expelled? Did the person they called a nigger complain, or was it simply a teacher taking matters into their own hands?

I'm not exactly sure but I'm pretty certain the black guy didn't complain, they were friends. I think someone else (a white person) went and told a teacher.

Sign in to follow this