NEurope
McPhee

HDTV Thread

It's a converted computer monitor, most of the sub-£400 TVs that Argos stock are. The tell-tale sign is usually the size, 19" = TV, 20" = Monitor, 22" = Monitor, 23" = TV.

Buying a TV below 26" is tricky, most are crap. For some reason manufacturers use cheaper parts on them, i don't get why given the high price of these sets. Good 23" sets are priced so close to they're 26" and 32" versions that they are a bit of a waste of money, sometimes the 26" is actually cheaper (Samsung 23R87)

Mine got shipped yesterday, supposed to arrive early doors tomorrow. I ended up getting it from Amazon for £20 extra as I couldnt be bothered to wait for Play to get them back in stock.

I'm thinking about getting the Panasonic TX26LMD70 for my bedroom, just to play 360 and watch TV and DVD's. Has anyone had any experience with that TV? I've only seen this TV in places like Comet and I wish they'd hook it up to some good equipment because it always looks terrible. Are there any better TV's out there for the price?

?415 is the cheapest I've seen it.

________

Sick From Avandia

Edited by fex

Awesome TV, i love Panasonic as a company.

Same here. I just need to convince my girlfriend its a good investment! :indeed: I may also need to sell a new things to rase a bit of cash to help fund it.

________

LovelyWendie

Edited by fex

I'd guess £200-£250 second hand

Then it'll be third handed. Bought it for £400 ish second hand last year ish.

ish.

Well mine arrived yesterday morning and I managed to set it up nicely last night after work. I spent most of last night downloading trailers from the Playstation store and watching them in High Def and this morning my first 3 Blu-Rays arrived. ( Play.com 3 for 2 FTW! )

*Starts to sing*

" I can see clearly now SD has gone, I can see all obstacles in my way"

You tried your Wii on it yet?

Nah. I was gonna set it up today but its all packed up with my 360. I will see what its like next week when Zack and Wiki arrives. I have heard they look bad on a LCD by many people so im pretty much dreading it.

So I set my Wii up this morning and the picture is very blurry. What cable do I need to get a better picture quality?

I've been thinking of upgrading my TV lately, currently got a Panasonic 32TX500 but its a couple of years old now. Might upgrade to the latest 50 inch 1080p plasma from them, depends if I can find a good price on it I suppose. Definately a fan of the Panasonic sets, probably the only other brand I'd look at woul be the pioneer.

So I set my Wii up this morning and the picture is very blurry. What cable do I need to get a better picture quality?

What are you using at the moment? Component cables will give you the best picture from your Wii.

Just using the ones that came with it, guess I better start looking for some component cables then. Thanks Will.

I've just grabbed myself a Panasonic 26" from ASDA ?349.99 BARGIN!

It's stunning...the colour has sex with my eyes... though I wish my 360 had HDMI!

Edit. SD Sucks, its all unclear and rubbish! Give me HD!!!!

________

Zx14 vs hayabusa

Edited by fex

Hey guys.

I already have a Samsung 22inch Syncmaster Monitor/Tv and its really crap, 360/PS3 through HDMI for some reason looks really bad and the sound crackles, Pro evo looks the worst out of all!

So, I want to get that replaced and I was thinking if I should get this Samsung from Argos (Argos Store Card :D) What you think?

Bought this yesterday.

605728.jpg

Well, i put some money towards it so it counts as a purchase from me. Cost about £550 from Comet. Just sorting out the Sky and all shall be well. 360 looks awesome on it.

589389.jpg

Can I used this HDTV as a monitor with my VGA connector do i have to buy another type cable with it?