NEurope
McPhee

HDTV Thread

Dunno if you can stretch the extra £50, but ig you can try this:

http://www.digitaldirect.co.uk/products_moreinfo3/index.asp?product_id=14108

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-32C3035-Widescreen-Ready-Freeview/dp/product-description/B000W49BB8

For reviews Google the Toshiba 32C3030D, this is basically the same, just with a few slight tweaks. It should be miles better than the Goodmans or Beko any way

Don't know if this is the correct thread or not, but I'am thinking about buying a Blu Ray drive for my PC, and was wondering if this one was a good choice http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1795214052.1194963783@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdfaddmhkiddgmcflgceggdhhmdgmk.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=340885&category_oid=

Or can anyone recommend me another one?

I noticed in the makro mail this morning, as always they've got tvs there, £250 for a 26" HDTV, or there was a 22" for £300 with built in DVD etc.

Is this pretty cheap? i'm interested.

Well you don't need a built in DVD player... Since you have a 360, so may as well get the 26" for £250, but I'm not sure if its a good deal or not. Whats the brand?

Guys, I finally have the money to get an HDTV.....http://www.ebuyer.com/product/125735....what u think?

Guys, I finally have the money to get an HDTV.....http://www.ebuyer.com/product/125735....what u think?

Doesn't seem to have either VGA or HDMI?

Doesn't seem to have either VGA or HDMI?

erm it does have VGA/DVi. If someone seen any good ones around £200/£250!

20inch 22inch! I'd be greatful

What would be the best TV (and not a sony) to hook a mac mini up to as a DVD player/media browser (the Mac Mini has a DVI port and comes with a DVI to VGA adapter).

I'm looking for one somewhere between 40"-50"

erm it does have VGA/DVi. If someone seen any good ones around £200/£250!

20inch 22inch! I'd be greatful

My bad. No HDMI port though.

Why not a Sony? They make some of the best TVs around

Also, whats you're budget? Theres 40" sets as low as £700 and 50" can hit a good few thousand pounds so you need to be quite specific

Why not a Sony? They make some of the best TVs around

Also, whats you're budget? Theres 40" sets as low as £700 and 50" can hit a good few thousand pounds so you need to be quite specific

I don't like sony and many of their TVs don't work well with nintendo consoles some DVD players ect.

I don't know the budget as I'm more doing research for my Dad.

I don't like sony and many of their TVs don't work well with nintendo consoles some DVD players ect.

Thats a load of tosh. Is there a source for this anywhere? I've not heard anything about it and can't see how it's possible for the TV to know whose console it's hooked up to (unless you're using HDMI, then i theoretically could)

Dismissing Sony would be foolish. The Sony x3500 series of sets are the best LCDs around at the moment. The W3000 series also gives everything at that price a run for it's money. If you're dead set against them then Pioneer Plasmas are awesome, try the PDP4280XD (42") or PDP508XD (50").

Maybe a crap Sony HDTV? They do some budget models as well as the kick ass industry leading ones. If it was a cheap one then the picture processing probably sucks, hence rubbish image from the Wii and any non-upscaling DVD player.

This problem isn't exclusive to Sony, and is solved by either buying a good LCD TV or going down the Plasma/HD CRT route.

Thinking about it, a Pioneer plasma is probably a very good idea if the Wii is getting used on it. Plasmas are generally kinder than LCDs to non-HD material. I'd start by doing research in to the difference between Plasma and LCD, try to make sure the the articles are recent though (less than 6 months old) or they won't be accurate. Once you've decided between the 2 it becomes a lot easier to choose a specific model.

On the subject, should I get a Samsung R8 19" or a Sony Bravia 20" S30? Posted from wish list thread, bearing in mind Sammy is £250 and Sony is £320. Any advice appreciated :)

Ah, they ain't the same price. Ignore my post in the wish list thread then, £320 isn't worth it for any 20" TV! Theres good 26" models around for around £40 more than that!

The Sammy R8 for £250 seems reasonable

Hey guys. Wanted to get a kinda flastscreen widescreen 20inch or thereabouts monitor/tv. Which I could plug PC, Wii, 360 etc into. Cheap and good build quality would be ideal. Any recommendations and should I wait till after christmas now for sales?