NEurope
Stocka

Rocky Balboa

I planned to go and see this film on Saturday 20th after spending the past week watching the previous 5 Rocky films. Went to see it at 11am as this was the only time that i could get a ticket because all other showings of the film were fully booked. Anyway, got to the cinema and got the tickets for the film. Got told to go to screen 7. I would have worked out which screen without getting told from this

Image009.jpg

Never seen something like that before in a Newport cinema so i was pleased to get the Red Carpet treatment for a change. Later i found out this set-up was only for the opening weekend showings

Anyway, back to the film. I thought it was absolutly brilliant. It was a lot better than i was expecting it to be. The end fight was set out much better than i was expecting as well. The whole film was full of drama, excitement and still contained that classic Rocky humour that was present in the previous 5 titles which all that kept me glued to my seat right till the end. Rocky Balboa is a great ending to an awesome film series and it well deserves the score of

9.5/10

I'll probably see it again early on next month.

Whaat?! You mean Newport in South Wales, right?! Cineworld/UGC?

Seen this again last night for a 2nd time and it just gets better and better. I thought the impact of the first time may have worn off but I was wrong, come the fight time I was still hyped up like a little kid despite knowing the outcome. I could easily watch it again.....

Seen this again last night for a 2nd time and it just gets better and better. I thought the impact of the first time may have worn off but I was wrong, come the fight time I was still hyped up like a little kid despite knowing the outcome. I could easily watch it again.....

Lol, you so will :D!

I'm going to see it again on Saturday, then maybe if i'm bored i might check it out again. It's such a shame some people won't go and see this though because they're definately missing out.

I saw my old english teacher at school today and we talked about the film. she agreed with me that it is almost as good as Rocky I. She said that she reckons he should be nominated for the Oscar next year. Thoughts?

Went and saw it last night utterly awesome, definite day one DVD purchase. I cant wait to watch it again actualy.

Whaat?! You mean Newport in South Wales, right?! Cineworld/UGC?

The very cinema mate. I was quite surprised when i saw the set-up for the screen myself. It might still be there if your lucky or it might have been for the opening weekend only

I saw my old english teacher at school today and we talked about the film. she agreed with me that it is almost as good as Rocky I. She said that she reckons he should be nominated for the Oscar next year. Thoughts?

It was one of the best performances by an actor i've seen in a long time. And I can't think of many films this year that are likely to top it.

Too bad that Rocky came out last year in America so would ahve to have been included in the oscar nominations that came out yesterday and he was snubbed.

The very cinema mate. I was quite surprised when i saw the set-up for the screen myself. It might still be there if your lucky or it might have been for the opening weekend only

Damn, I won't be going back to the 'port any time soon. Grrr, I wish I could have seen that, it looks absolutely awesome.

Got two rocky posters. A Rocky posted from the first film is on my bedroom door, and a Rocky 4 poster is above my drum kit. Need to see this soooo badly. You have no idea.

I went to see it this afternoon with the old man.

Superb film, surpassed all my expectations. I thought you were all likely being pretty generous saying Sly should get an Oscar or some sort of recognition for it - but you're right. :smile:

It was all about the story, the drama, the emotion right from the first scene.

I was slightly disappointed with the ending, but its as best as we could've hoped to keep it realistic.

I dunno what else to say that hasnt been said already. Really, I think it could be one of my favourite films and I'm definitely considering seeing it again in the cinema as well as buying it on DVD. I think thats pretty high praise for it!

In closing, if I could change one thing about it, I'd wish it was longer. I could've watched more of Rocky's life and everything that was happening in the build up to the fight. I'd reccommend it to anyone, I don't even think you need to have seen I-V to enjoy it.

I can't wait for Volume VII! :yay:

Damn, I won't be going back to the 'port any time soon. Grrr, I wish I could have seen that, it looks absolutely awesome.

Got two rocky posters. A Rocky posted from the first film is on my bedroom door, and a Rocky 4 poster is above my drum kit. Need to see this soooo badly. You have no idea.

OMG! I have two rocky posters exactly like that! i've got the rocky I poster where he's at the very top of the stairs with his arms raised, and the rocky IV poster just after he's beaten Drago and his trainer is picking him up (also he has the flag around him).

I really want a poster for this film too.

Just saw it last night. Wasn't impressed. It took about an hour to get started. Christ Rocky didn't 'alf come out with some bullshit.

Just saw it last night. Wasn't impressed. It took about an hour to get started. Christ Rocky didn't 'alf come out with some bullshit.

wow someone that doesn't like it....Crazy!

went to see it with my mates today (who aren't big rocky fans). Was expecting them to think it was a bit 'meh' but they loved it.

Rocky 2-5 were kind of sucky.

But this was a really good film.

Grown men were crying when rocky was getting beat up