New PS3 game screens. TGS special.

Vision Gran Turismo

vision-gt-20050916010824429.jpg

Genji 2

genji-2-20050916025558740.jpg

Lair ( Factor 5 )

lair-20050916042717444.jpg

assassin-20050916011909600.jpg[/img]

wow; everything looks so pretty...off topic; can we please stop leeching off other sites bandwidth by posting with their links; upload on a photobucket account or something.

great graphics, nothing particularly interesting though, apart from the fact solid snake looks like he'd be better off at home in his slippers and sipping on a warm mug of cocoa.

The're all very sexy, but all look like CG and nothing in-game. Project Assassin really captured my attention, is there any other information on it?

Assassin is the only one that isnt realtime here. Its artwork. Genji is a character model. Gran Turismo 5 is still being improved so what you see here is just an enhancement of 4. Lair is an engine showing. Thats two dragons fighting. Getaway is CELL rendered. No GPU involved. Motorstrom we shall see.

MGS4 rules currently. Realistic skin that sweats(sweat actually takes some dirt off with it!), folds, creases etc. to debris and dirt hittin/falling on characters realistically etc. Looks too bloody good. Killzone looked good but this is ten times more immersive.

Oh please, half of these are pre-rendered. Its bloody obvious, Sony hasn't even given out full dev kits yet and as far as i know, nVidia has even finished up on the graphics chip.

These are blody amazing. I can't believe that some people are prepared to say that we do not need a nex gen as the graphics won't be significantly better, because they clearly are.

If you're going to be playing a game, why the hell are going to care if the character sweats or something? It'll be good for cut-scenes, but i still don't see how it's going to matter that much.

These are blody amazing. I can't believe that some people are prepared to say that we do not need a nex gen as the graphics won't be significantly better, because they clearly are.

graphics didnt mean shit back in the snes/mega drive days

Oh please, half of these are pre-rendered. Its bloody obvious, Sony hasn't even given out full dev kits yet and as far as i know, nVidia has even finished up on the graphics chip.

Developers have full development beta kits. Still underpowered but thats what MGS4 was running on. The kits are in a good stage compared to other consoles in the past. :smile: RSX will be done soon.

graphics didnt mean shit back in the snes/mega drive days

They always have always will.

If you're going to be playing a game, why the hell are going to care if the character sweats or something? It'll be good for cut-scenes, but i still don't see how it's going to matter that much.

Makes the game more immersive. Like in the trailer where dust , debris and stuff is flying about in the wind and makes contact with characters like in real life. Immersion is key in many games.

Or this:

mgs11bq.jpg Thats sweat taking some of the dirt of his face.

realistic animation of the skin.

mgs35od.jpg

There's more stuff in the trailer.

I think its unfair to compare PS3 to xbox 360 or Rev. Whats good on those two consoles may nto look good on PS3.

Errr... thats because PS3 works of an stupidly complex system of multiple core idiocy as Gabe Newelle nicley put it. Developers have enough job working with one core, never mind the 12 or whatever PS3 is running off. Developers are going to have a tough job with this thing. It's a shame they didn't keep the PS2 jaggies, you know for nostalgia reasons.

From what i've seen so far, in benchmarks. Theoretically PS3 is slightly more powerful, but put into practise its a totally different matter. Besides, its early days, we can't judge anything yet.

Errr... thats because PS3 works of an stupidly complex system of multiple core idiocy as Gabe Newelle nicley put it.

And xbox doesnt? ;)

Developers have enough job working with one core, never mind the 12 or whatever PS3 is running off. Developers are going to have a tough job with this thing.

Mainly the pc developers. Gabe is upset he cant just port his engine over. Epic are likely will have the most popular pc engine.

It's a shame they didn't keep the PS2 jaggies, you know for nostalgia reasons.

Yeah PS3 has the edge this time in this area.

From what i've seen so far, in benchmarks. Theoretically PS3 is slightly more powerful, but put into practise its a totally different matter. Besides, its early days, we can't judge anything yet.

What benchmarks? We havent even got final hardware yet? :confused:

Ps3 is clearly more powerful. No argument there. Xbox360 isnt bad either but Sony and Nvidia did a better job this time. Ati need to sort themselves out.

looks nice, but why the shit getway

Haha, yeah, the Getaway screenshot lets it down, it looks like ass.

Haha, yeah, the Getaway screenshot lets it down, it looks like ass.

Getaway is just a graphic demo yet. Its running only on the cell processor. Doesnt use any GPU at all! Thats why its very impressive. Normally GPU does all these effects or the CPU would not be capable at all.

The graphics do look nice although obviously not ingame shots. To be honest I only seem to care about graphics before the game comes out, once im actually playing it im far more interested in gameplay and story than anything else

They always have always will.

so your telling me, in some top 100 lists, where tetris occasionally make the number 1 spot, its due to its graphics?

tell me this, if a game like, gta for instance, had photorealistic graphics, would it make it play better?

graphics are for presentational purposes only

tell me this, if a game like, gta for instance, had photorealistic graphics, would it make it play better?

if it looked like crap it wouldn't have sold so many copies though, would it? i'm not stating my opinion now, just fact. graphics sell consoles. the only reason sony are focusing on graphics right now is because it's guaranteed to make them money.

Sign in to follow this