NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Choze

New PS3 game screens. TGS special.

if it looked like crap it wouldn't have sold so many copies though, would it? i'm not stating my opinion now, just fact. graphics sell consoles. the only reason sony are focusing on graphics right now is because it's guaranteed to make them money.

gta technically does have, well, the graphics are average, the features is what sells the game, and the fact that it is done in a 3d environment. gta was popular since the top down view days, where the graphics werent that great, and many people thought it was fun

gta technically does have, well, the graphics are average, the features is what sells the game, and the fact that it is done in a 3d environment. gta was popular since the top down view days, where the graphics werent that great, and many people thought it was fun

you can't deny the sales jump the series took once it had its' makeover though. gameplay is still very important, but to the average gamer graphics are still an important factor. look at driv3r and enter the matrix, they both sold very well because of graphics and hype, gameplay was a very minor factor in their success.

you can't deny the sales jump the series took once it had its' makeover though. gameplay is still very important, but to the average gamer graphics are still an important factor. look at driv3r and enter the matrix, they both sold very well because of graphics and hype, gameplay was a very minor factor in their success.

im not saying graphics isnt what sells a game, im saying graphics doesnt make a game better

im not saying graphics isnt what sells a game, im saying graphics doesnt make a game better

lol, then it seems we both agreed but we wre having different conversations to eachother :happy:

Graphics can make games better, because say for example, a Zelda game, they can add to the atmosphere to create a more magical,emotional setting compared to say if everywhere the graphics in Twilight Princess looked like say this

921915_20050328_screen005.jpg

lol, snakes ciggys seems to be a bit banana'd...

it was bugging me so i had to say it

lol, snakes ciggys seems to be a bit banana'd...

it was bugging me so i had to say it

Surely if Snakes been smoking for so long the lung cancer must be kicking in by now!

Maybe thats what this game is all about terrorists have solen the cure to cancer in order to create the most powerful biological weapon known to mankind Snakes goes in to get it back and everyone hails him as the savour of the human race when really he was just loking out for his own arse!

Graphics can make games better, because say for example, a Zelda game, they can add to the atmosphere to create a more magical,emotional setting compared to say if everywhere the graphics in Twilight Princess looked like say this

921915_20050328_screen005.jpg

indeed, presentation and art design. very few games use graphics for gameplay.

Getaway is just a graphic demo yet. Its running only on the cell processor. Doesnt use any GPU at all! Thats why its very impressive. Normally GPU does all these effects or the CPU would not be capable at all.

It's got jack shit to do with power, it's got to do with developer competency, just because a system is powerful, games can still look ass.

It's got jack shit to do with power, it's got to do with developer competency, just because a system is powerful, games can still look ass.

Yeah I totally agree with this.

This coming generation you're going to see alot of titles lag behind in visual quality. There'll be such a diversity in budgets and artistic talent where the smaller studios won't be able to match your Capcoms and Konami's of this world.

I just hope that the european games industry isn't going to decline because of this............as we've seen in the past, those without money are going to struggle.

pretty pretty pictures. Like the ancient pictures from Too Human.. and people kept on raving about them, but maybe that was because it originally was GameCube bound.

Im quite content with the power/graphics of the current generation. Im afraid that the new generation will see longer and longer developing time and very expensive games.

(even more expensive than now)

Sign in to follow this