NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kav

Godfather: Blackhand Edition

Hmm I love the films but this looks a bit sucky. The controls do look really good though. I will consider it I think.

Gimmick controls that ruin the flow of a game that feels 3 years older than it actually is.

Sorry no sale, even if this is the only sandbox game on the Wii. I've moved on EA.

No disrespect, it's probably the best EA outing in a while. Seeing as the license nearly crippled them I respect them for putting so much effort into the conception. It's unlike them.

At least EA are proving their support now. Wii needs their titles to sell systems. Its just the way it has to be, ports or not...

Gameplay looks good, but the graphics are about ps2 quality, although i was watching the video in low res..

Without trying the game you conclude with the controls being gimmicky. Perhaps they are not gimmicky and infact very fun and intuitive.

At least I think it has potential.

Hm, I've never watched the Godfather, nor have I played the games. But I think this looks interesting. If the controls work as well as EA are suggesting they do, then this could be a fun title. :)

I'm not rushing to get a preorder in, but I'll keep an eye on this title.

My question is how much will they be looking to charge for a simple wii-make. If it is the full wack I'd rather find the ps2 version in the bottom of a hmv bargain bin than pay £40 for whatever tat they release.

I've been a bit mean. EA might be able to make something good out of this. I'll try to be a bit optimistic from now on.

Just seen the video for this on Kotaku, it looks ported, but the Wii controls seem to work well.

But that may just be the guy making it seem like they do.

Have to wait and see when this comes out.

Wii Controls look very unresponsive in the video, and graphics look like early-PS2 graphics. Plus, it was never that good a game to begin with.

yeah if it wasnt for the fact that I know this is so poor on the PS2, I would consider getting it,no gimmicky controls are gonna make me get this unless they are pretty special.

I really enjoyed this game on PS2 but then I love the film and the whole atmosphere of the game drew me in. From a purely gameplay point of view, the main story is quite short and there isn't a huge variety in the missions. I finished the main story without actually taking over any of the warehouses (I guess I expected the story to be longer and to have more time to do the side missions). I then found I couldn't be bothered to complete the warehouse takeovers as without the storyline to accompany it, there wasn't really the same drive to continue.

Having said that, I did really get immersed in it for quite a while and I like the idea of the playing it with the Wii remote. However, as it looks like a direct port and I've only recently played it, I doubt I'll be splashing the cash on this one.

I have the one on PS2 and it was good, but has a few/many flaws.

The character designs are repeated

The building Interiors are repeated

The car designs are repeated

There isnt much to do when you've completed it all, because there are hardly any enemies and there are no new buisnesses to run.

Average game length (not small by any means, but it needs to be longer because there wasnt much replay value)

Apart from this I enjoyed it a lot. The weapons were quite cool.

I was sold at the words, Pistol Whip and wiimote i the same sentence.

But the response in this thead has put me way off this.

didn't the original have ricky gervais doing a characters voice on it?

What? tell me more! I didnt notice any, but why would he do voices for this game? strange

What? tell me more! I didnt notice any, but why would he do voices for this game? strange

i'm just sure I remember reading he was gonna do it... if it wasn't this game maybe it was scarface, remember he was definitly up for doing some game.... hmmm will have to look.

yeah quick wikipedia check it was infact scarface: the world is yours...

Ricky Gervais (as any fast-talking gang members)
my mistake.

I thought we surpassed the N64 graphics when the GameCube came out... :(

At least it looks better than Far Cry though.

Sign in to follow this