NEurope
KKOB

Back in Stock?

Just thought i should say somewhere - My friend walked into the bigger GAME at the Arndale in Manchester and bought a Wii and Zelda straight off the shelf - no problems.

Apparently they had 14 more consoles in stock and that was yesterday.

Is the lack of Wii issue coming to an end nationally or was this guy just lucky?

the shortage is coming to an end thank god cause now they can start to concentrate on delivering some high quality titles.

I hear supermarkets have good stock, if you're looking for one, try the places you wouldn't normally try.

It should be easier to get them now. The Christmas rush has ended, and things will probably be a bit more relaxed.

Up here in the great border fortress still nothing as yet, but a Wii booth manned by a rather depressed-looking couple in nattish wii-jackets being set up in the shopping centre late this afternoon suggests tommorow might be a rather oppertune time to obtain one.

On Monday when I went into Gamestation a woman came in and asked about a Wii she had put her name down for. The woman said they hadnt head anything from nintendo about getting more in.

Stores get a delivery every week. They come in boxes of three. We get three, as we're a small store. Our 'contact store' (Sollihul) gets nine. Im guessing the one you went to has fifteen in perhaps?

Just thought i should say somewhere - My friend walked into the bigger GAME at the Arndale in Manchester and bought a Wii and Zelda straight off the shelf - no problems.

Apparently they had 14 more consoles in stock and that was yesterday.

Is the lack of Wii issue coming to an end nationally or was this guy just lucky?

Stores get a delivery every week. They come in boxes of three. We get three, as we're a small store. Our 'contact store' (Sollihul) gets nine. Im guessing the one you went to has fifteen in perhaps?

Good work Holmes!

It should be easier to get them now. The Christmas rush has ended, and things will probably be a bit more relaxed.

More that production/shipments have increased, and that most of the people desperate for them have them now.

Thanks for the info about the Arndale. My sister wants to buy one for her boyfriend as a birthday present but hasn't been able to get hold of one anywhere. I suspect the one's in Game have probably gone now but I'll let her know so she can give them a ring.

Just be round the shops again. Apparentlly you should "theoretically" be able to just walk in and by one by the end of January. No one has any clue when the next shipment is but if you haven't preordered already don't get your hopes up. These next shipments are looking to be quite small at first too, with most of the stores I talked to mentioning resolutely single figure sums of Wii's.

went into gamestation today to get warioware and they were choker block for wiimotes and nunchuks you couldn't move for them.also had a load of component cables.

Good work Holmes!

Read it again. I said they came in boxes of 3. Depending on the size of the store depends on how many boxes they get. As it was a large store my estimation was they got 5 boxes (5x3=15).

Kids these days. If you're going to be sarcastic don't just jump to the punchline.

Read it again. I said they came in boxes of 3. Depending on the size of the store depends on how many boxes they get. As it was a large store my estimation was they got 5 boxes (5x3=15).

Kids these days. If you're going to be sarcastic don't just jump to the punchline.

It's the fact that you estimated the store got 15 units, proclaiming your GAME store knowledge wizardry, but everyone knew that anyway, since Takeo said it in his first post.

I was merely pointing out the fact that what you said was pretty damn obvious!

Just got from my local independant store in bristol and managed to pick up a wii, they had 2 in today and I got the 2nd one. Came with Wario Ware and Rayman, already had Zelda and an extra wii-mote. Its just updating at the moment then im gonna have a blast on wii sports, can't wait. Only problem is I have coursework to hand in monday and an exam monday. :(, dont know how much work im gonna get done.

Play3K the website where I ordered mine from said they get a shipment on Monday. Enough to fill the preorders left and any orders for component cables. Then first come first served. I hope I was quick enough!

Whoo. Finally got mine. The Game in the hight street managed to somehow procure a whole mess of them and were selling them off the shelf, and I just so happend to be passing by at the time. They were however sold out of Madden, oddly enough. Goning to pop out and see if I can get that elsewhere now.

It's the fact that you estimated the store got 15 units, proclaiming your GAME store knowledge wizardry, but everyone knew that anyway, since Takeo said it in his first post.

I was merely pointing out the fact that what you said was pretty damn obvious!

Takeo said 14, I rounded up to the nearest multiple of three :p

Takeo said 14, I rounded up to the nearest multiple of three :p

He said 14 were left after his friend bought one, meaning there were 15 in total :heh:

The closest to a Wii I've come is seeing some Wii game boxes in Currys. Heh.

The Wii shortage has been over for a long time, I got my console this time last week, the demand has been gone for a while.

Take for instance my Local game filled out their pre-orders before christmas and they had no outstanding orders to fill.

I ordered mine for the next shipment and I got it.

Mind you Game are very sensible they learnt from their 360 lesson, I got my 360 at the end of January last year they decided to scrap everyones pre-order give them their money back and ordered 50 of the 360 every week a week and said come in the Saturday and pre-order for the wednesday. Or take your chance and go in on the day and see if they had any in.

Game are always good for getting consoles out just their games are a total rip off

That's where the money is though.. this is why high streets never charge more for a console. Because once you get a customer first time they lick your arse when you buy the console.

They think, oh good service in there, i'll go back.

Just browse the 360 boxes for a while and I guarantee someone will be there telling you what deals they have and how fantastic it is.

GAME are charging £5 on top of the estimated retail for all Wii accesories except points cards at the moment. They are taking their profits and then taking some more.. bang out of order.