N-Europe

Most Overrated Game Series?

solitanze

What Do You Believe To Be The MOST OVERRATED GAMING SERIES To Date?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Believe To Be The MOST OVERRATED GAMING SERIES To Date?

• Final Fantasy
    • Gran Turismo
    • Grand Theft Auto
    • Halo
    • Metal Gear Solid
    • Pokemon
    • Super Mario Bros
    • Resident Evil (Biohazard)
    • The Legend Of Zelda
    • None. Quit Wasting Space & Time On This Board!

Hmm, voted Gran Turismo and Grand Theft Auto.

But... the most overrated game of all time is Final Fantasy VII.

... and just so there'll be no stupid arguing, I love GTA:San Andreas, but the series as a whole is overrated.

Damn all who vote for other series, for they are all awesome!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think both the Final Fantasy series and the Resident Evil series are overrated, not to say I think they are bad game series, I just don't think they deserve all the acclaim they get. For me, both (with the exception of RE 4) have various basic gameplay troubles that bothers me all the time when I'm playing them.

I also think GT is overrated, but then again, I've never liked realistic racers much.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Without a doubt Halo. Nothing impressive whatsoever about it. Everyone seems to hail the multiplayer, but I got nothing out of that either: I still prefer a game of Perfect Dark and TimeSplitters. Maybe everything since then "plays like Halo," but perhaps that's why the last non-PC FPS I enjoyed was TimeSplitters. Halo's not bad by any means, I don't mind a few rounds at it, it just seems to exemplify the term "average" so perfectly.

Halo 2 was kinda bad, though.

And I didn't realize this was multiple choice or else I would've added Gran Turismo. I see why certain people would like it (I definitely don't), but sometimes people give it more credit than it deserves.

• 2 weeks later...

Halo, no question. I've said and always will say: its goldeneye with bells on.

I was damned tempted to vote Gran Turismo, hate that series. OOO, look! I'm driving repeatedly around a track, with a fancy car that can't get damaged, and losing my will to live!

Had to vote Halo overall, it is more acclaimed and all the more irritating for it.