N-Europe

Most Overrated Game Series?

solitanze

What Do You Believe To Be The MOST OVERRATED GAMING SERIES To Date?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Believe To Be The MOST OVERRATED GAMING SERIES To Date?

• Final Fantasy
    • Gran Turismo
    • Grand Theft Auto
    • Halo
    • Metal Gear Solid
    • Pokemon
    • Super Mario Bros
    • Resident Evil (Biohazard)
    • The Legend Of Zelda
    • None. Quit Wasting Space & Time On This Board!

Are you on the bit in the library? man i hate the Flood!!!! grrrrrrrrrr

Halo has a great closing couple levels though that make it worthwhile slugging through the harder/boring bits. then once you've unlocked all the levels replay the better ones in co-op on a harder difficulty.

I think I got up to the bit where those leech things come out in metroid fashion.

I only borrowed it anyway, so I can't go back to it very easily now.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah the library! The level I love to hate. The amount of Flood on that level is awesome, its just a constant assault.

and really fucking long!!! and on the orginal XBOXs controller it made your hand hurt BAD with vibrations and your trigger finger got crippled and its scary too :( lmao

I think I got up to the bit where those leech things come out in metroid fashion.

YEP, thats the bit, or just before it at least.

Halo isn't overrated: It revolutionised the entire fps genre and the sequel is the best online game available on home consoles.

what the fuck has FF achieved in the last 20 years?

How did it revolutionise the entire fps genre, please do elaborate?!

Lets see:

reinvented the concept of the health system

invented the two weapon slot system

they were the first to add grenades on a separate system from the weapons.

they were the first to combine fps action and third person vehicles seamlessly into gameplay.

think back: before this we had Half Life and Goldeneye. After Halo, everything plays like Halo. What more proof do you need beyond that? halo is to the console fps what mario is to the 3d platformer.

None of the above. I think all of those franchises are out-and-out kings of their respective genres, and have continued to rise above all those who try to imitate them. Anyone who disses any of those franchises are only denying themselves some of the greatest gaming available.

Gran Turismo, because it bored me stupid. Doing the stupid license tests, over and over and over again until I wanted to smash the console and doing well on a couple of races only to make one mistake on the last one and lose the whole cup. Then again I don't particularly like cars, motor racing or racing games (bar the likes of mario kart).

There should be more votes for MGS i think . .

Indeed. Also Final Fantasy. Two of the most overrated series of all time, in my opinion. But if I were to choose one, it'd definitely be Final Fantasy, especially Final Fantasy 7. That game encapsulates the term overrated.