NEurope
solitanze

Most Overrated Game Series?

What Do You Believe To Be The MOST OVERRATED GAMING SERIES To Date?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Believe To Be The MOST OVERRATED GAMING SERIES To Date?

• Final Fantasy
    • Gran Turismo
    • Grand Theft Auto
    • Halo
    • Metal Gear Solid
    • Pokemon
    • Super Mario Bros
    • Resident Evil (Biohazard)
    • The Legend Of Zelda
    • None. Quit Wasting Space & Time On This Board!

As per the options above.

As per the options above.

NOTE: You can select multiple options but be SERIOUS in your voting. Don't select all just for the sake of it, unless you TRULY believe all games are INFERIOR.

Has to be GTA series for me.

Defo! It gets my vote, I was rather sad to see it so high in the top selling franchises. It's a game a lot of people just buy because it's 'cool'.

GTA. But then again it could be argued that due to everyone having a slightly different opinion, a game can never really be 'overrated'. Because someone could love it, whilst others hate it.

Halo for me. Even though I just bought both Halo and Halo 2, I can't see anything special in Halo.

I voted Halo and GTA (cause I'm greedy :heh:)!

Can't really see the appeal in wither games and from what I played (admittedly it wasn't for hours and hours but I still got a good feel) I didn't enjoy either!

I'd say Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid. They both have their pinnacle achievement games [i.E. FF7 & MGS2: Sons Of Liberty which are supurb mind you], but in the context of gaming with their series as a whole, they are horribly overrated.

Final Fantasy without a doubt. The entire franchise is based on ancient, clichéd formulae- Angsty teen vs the world with an assortment of cookie cutter sidekicks. Corrupt power figures are not essential, but they are preferred.

Darn it, forgot to put an option for OTHER. Instead, if you want to say another series is overrated as the poster above has done (Mikey), just vote for the "None" sledging option and specify the actual game series.

I've made MY OWN THREAD FAIL... :nono:

Disgraceful on my part...

Darn it, forgot to put an option for OTHER. Instead, if you want to say another series is overrated as the poster above has done (Mikey), just vote for the "None" sledging option and specify the actual game series.

I've made MY OWN THREAD FAIL... :nono:

Disgraceful on my part...

Its still alright actually, because when people place a vote for the none option, they are saying none due to the one they are after not being there, and thats where the bit on the end about wasting time on the board comes into play. Its like as if the voters say "DO IT RIGHT, OR DON'T DO IT AT ALL"

Gran Turismo and Halo for me. Halo 1 was okay, Halo 2 wasn't, and I do think they are overrated.

I played Gran Turismo a few years back and it was rubbish.

Good job with the multivote!

I went for GTA, Gran Turismo, Halo, Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil.

Final Fantasy's fine though. :hehe:

It was a close call between GTA and MGS but GTA got my vote cos i'm sooo bored of it, san andreas bored me to tears despite all the RPG stylings.

Pokemon all the way. It definately doesnt deserve the sales it gets, considering Nintendo refuses to evolve the game in any way.

I'd have to say that it's a tie between Grand Theft Auto, Sonic and Dynasty Warriors.

Pro Evolution Soccer would be a close second.

Halo. I mean yeah, it's a great FPS but for fuck's sake it's hardly anything special but people worship it like fucking Jesus because nothing else good came out for xbox.

Gran Turismo is also very boring.

Halo. I mean yeah, it's a great FPS but for fuck's sake it's hardly anything special but people worship it like fucking Jesus because nothing else good came out for xbox.

Gran Turismo is also very boring.

GT is boredom in-disc-ate for me, Halo is amazing though so woot woot!

Halo. I only got an xbox a few months ago, so yeah, I'd heard years of hype about it, but my god is it bad. The controls work well enough, and I actually enjoy the first few levels, but it goes so downhill after that. The level design is so poor and repetetive that it actually makes the controls seem bad after a while. The story is also quite poor and what's up with the whole ammo thing? You run out of ammo so fast, then you have to pick up another cruddy alien weapon every 5 minutes thereafter.

Thing about GT is although like many of you I find it boring if you are big on cars then the game is a dream.

Halo. I only got an xbox a few months ago, so yeah, I'd heard years of hype about it, but my god is it bad. The controls work well enough, and I actually enjoy the first few levels, but it goes so downhill after that. The level design is so poor and repetetive that it actually makes the controls seem bad after a while. The story is also quite poor and what's up with the whole ammo thing? You run out of ammo so fast, then you have to pick up another cruddy alien weapon every 5 minutes thereafter.

Are you on the bit in the library? man i hate the Flood!!!! grrrrrrrrrr

Halo has a great closing couple levels though that make it worthwhile slugging through the harder/boring bits. then once you've unlocked all the levels replay the better ones in co-op on a harder difficulty.

Yes, the original Halo did have a good co-op mode. The warthog bit at the end was also amazing. In contrast, Halo 2's story mode was mediocre.

Are you on the bit in the library? man i hate the Flood!!!! grrrrrrrrrr

Ah the library! The level I love to hate. The amount of Flood on that level is awesome, its just a constant assault.