NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
KingOfHyrule

I'll go against logic with this one

Yes but thats failure only in the view of hardcore fans not in the view of Business.

Actual failure would be Nintendo being in the red, in serious debt and pulling out of the console business

I dont see where all the hype for Day of disaster and Hammertime is coming from

If they werent Nintendo games we all would of dismissed them long ago

I have a feeling your right, but I suppose its just a case of a more respected developer is making it so expectations are high. Makes sense really I think.

As to the main point being made, as others have said, just give it time. Im sure more 'traditional' games will start to come out. Also I agree, the games shouldnt look THIS bad.

Dont forget, the DS started out with many gimmick and partyish games. Now its come into its own

Dont forget, the DS started out with many gimmick and partyish games. Now its come into its own

Exactly. I think people are being too quick to jump the gun here.

God there are some fucking idiots on this forum!!

The guy who was complaining about Monkey ball and wario ware saying the stykle is great but the COULD be done on the gamecube!!! What is your fucking point? So what they could be done on the gamecube? The gamecube doesnt have a motion sensing wii-mote nunchuk combo!!!!

People love to bitch and moan about shit, which then makes the intelligent ones amongst us bitch and moan about thri stupidty! It bores me but I feel that strongly about it I have to reply :)

The wii is proving a mega success, that means developers will back it in a big way, the easiestvthing to do at the minute is to port over end of last gen games with wii mote control - SO WHAT?! I'd rather have them than not. And they won't be developing for last gen fpr much longer, it's a knock on effect thats all, dont worry about it! We'll soon get the goods!!

Am I the only one really hapy with wii sports, zelda, red steel \CoD3, rayman and monkey ball? Is that not enough for the first month of a console? With Wario Ware, Excite Truck and a brand new (possibly actually decent) Sonic coming in the firstv3 months of the new year? Is that not enough!?!?

Nintendo for the most part have made themselves fail in past generations. Friendly fire on their part...

They are a REACTIVE company, to truly succeed in the world, you need to be PROACTIVE.

Nintendo were reactive with the changeover of formats from cartridge to CD and continued to use cartridge on the N64. Huge mistake that lead to soaring development costs and ultimately failure.

Nintendo were reactive with the use of format again on GC and relationships with third parties. This lead to GC being the least successful Nintendo console of all time.

Once again, their old ways shine through. They are once again being reactive with Nintendo Wii. Only now two generations later have they changed to standard disc format along with deliberate inferior specifications on Wii to supposedly lower development costs. The problem is, they are ultimately offset by the additional expenses of making Wii specific games with the mandatory establishment of new studios and greater research and development being required and as a result were getting second rate cheap knock off games whereby they sacrifice core gameplay fundamentals in favour of CHEAP motion sensing controls that for the most part have detracted from gameplay, not enhanced it and with the sacrifices to regular gameplay, a lot of these titles are barely playable. Beauty is to the eye of the beholder and Wii with its ugly graphics will not survive this generation unless they have the quality software to truly show why Playing is Believing as at this moment, seeing is believing whereby superior graphics to the average joe automatically means a better game.

This in effect shows Nintendos clear weakness that they have failed to address for the past ten years. Their inability to adapt to changes of tastes within society. They still are operating with a business mindset based in the early 1990s. It is a new millenium but they are stuck in the past.

The Wii and the DS are the two most PROACTIVE releases in the history of video games (ok that may be exaggerated, but still, you can't call it reactive), they are changing the way we play games! If anybody's being reactive its Sony with their SIXAXIS controller! Also it hasn't detracted from gameplay AT ALL! Zelda is a lot better for it, I can't imagine that the PS2 version of Raving Rabbids is any good - that game needs the controller and what about Wii Sports!?

You also mention that beauty is in the eye of the beholder then go on to say that the Wii has ugly graphics, well surely you've just countered your first point?! Twilight Princess looks stunning, good graphics aren't just about high polygon counts and ultra shininess, but also artistic style, something that TP has in abundance (I'll agree that most other games are rather lacking in the visual department, but thats the respective developers fault, not Nintendo's)!

I'm sorry? Which company is actually making money?

Is it Nintendo, Microsoft Game Studios or SCE? Last I checked Nintendo was making the money while the other two were in the red

Can you really say they have bad business sense? You need to learn, Good Business sense isn't about pleasing the hardcore fans. It's about making money and thats what Nintendo do

Exactly. Well said. I think that this gen, its the hardcore Nintendo fans that will come out disapointed slightly (as in those without another console; those with just a wii). Nintendo themselves won't exactly care though, it's about profit at the end of the day. Would you say that you kind of agree with my previous post then?

Also Solitanze, Wii graphics aren't ugly. You're an idiot. If you get laid before me then bloody hell life ain't worth living. I can understand what you're saying but you sound like such an idiot sometimes.

Exactly. I think people are being too quick to jump the gun here.

Everyone jumps the gun here. Same with the PS3, saying it's all rubbish and gonna fail just as it has come out. People said that about the first two PSXs and that fucked them right back in the face.

Actually more people bought purple.

It was 'the' Gamecube colour.

Whether or not it was 'the' Gamecube colour is irrelevant. People will choose the colour they prefer, regardless of whichever is deemed 'official'.

I read, about a year ago now, that the black Gamecube sold more than the purple. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to locate a source to confirm that.

Do you have one that confirms the purple Gamecube sold more?

efq3fqffac2.jpg

I think Gamerankings is starting to lose its credibility to me. Look here, DELIBERATE TARNISHING of scores. The screen above shows the current state of "The Rankings" with 20 review criteria set and game rankings being determined by their average ratio. Who dares drop OOTs average by a massive .2%? Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4 (GC), Goldeneye 007, Super Mario 64 and Tekken 3 have all had deliberate tampering with their scores, Tekken 3 has dropped by .7%. My biggest complaint though is the CONTINUAL inclusion of the PS2 version of Resident Evil 4 in the top 10. It simply doesn't deserve to be there. An inferior port on an inferior system. Absolute rubbish. I am going to register a complaint on the gamerankings website about this. About time this was corrected for. It is unfair for two of the same game to occupy two places within the top 10. You don't see that anywhere else, in any other "TOP GAME LIST". You have a list of the consoles its featured on, not two seperate spots for each iteration. Unfair advantage to RE4... The game isn't drastically different, its not a remake, it's a port with no changes whatsoever except for the system the games featured on. Incorrect in all respects this placement is. Resident Evil 4 PS2 version has a lower amount of reviews than Half Life 2 with the same cumulative amount for the average ratio used to determine ranking, but RE4 PS2 VERSION is .1% lower for the average ratio determined when taking into account excluded reviews that are not able to form part of the average ratio PLUS to top it all off RE4 PS2 version has a lower user VOTE average than Half Life 2. I have provided additional screen dumps that act as DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE to show you this EXTREME INJUSTICE:

evidencena0.jpg

Why is there continual acceptance for this? This must change, i'll make sure of it.

NOTE: I have not circled the amount of documents on file for each game, but to the left of the USER VOTE average, you can compare the quantities and see that there is absolutely NO REASON whatsoever, RE4 PS2 should be 7th.

Resident Evil 4 on the PS2 runs REALLY well though. It nearly looks as good as the cube version, it just suffers less lighting and a grainier look. But it has bucket load of more gameplay to play through. Brand new Ada story is cool stuff. :) So TBH I think PS2 reviewers have the right to give it a high score.

The PS2 version also has reduced geometric detail in the level design too, although that appears to be confined to background detail that the player only views and never interacts with.

I agree though, it does run well. And the added content more than makes up for any graphical differences between it and the Gamecube version.

solitanze, you should go see a shrink. That's not meant to be a joke. Are you by any chance autistic?

The PS2 version also has reduced geometric detail in the level design too, although that appears to be confined to background detail that the player only views and never interacts with.

I agree though, it does run well. And the added content more than makes up for any graphical differences between it and the Gamecube version.

Why snap son, that means the game must be crap.

Why snap son, that means the game must be crap.

To be fair to him, if you read the bottom half of his post, he does make a pretty good argument.

Dom: I don't think the entire forum is jumping to conclusions, just a select few. I don't even have to mention who, as others can pretty much tell!

If you can't, its Solitanze.

I don;t understand why we can't have the innovation of the remote with next gen graphics. Why have to choose one or the other? Big mistake

I'd have at least liked support for HD resolutions above 480p. LCD screens are very popular at the moment, but the Wii - like any device capable of outputting only a standard definition - looks ugly on them. :sad:

But, given the type of consumer they wish to attract (and appear to be succeeding in attracting), one that wouldn't want to pay through the nose for their gaming experience, they made the right decision. From the outset, they wanted the console to be small too, also making it more attractive to would-be customers. 360 and PS3 hardware simply doesn't fit into Nintendo's target 'three DVD cases' dimensions, and I doubt it will for a good few years yet.

I have an LCD and my Wii on Composite looked awesome. Got my Component today and it looks even better. I dont see why you think LCD makes it look worse

I wish I could actually afford another console. I'd buy an Xbox360 if I had the moneys.

I'd also like HD, but my component ports are already used up on the TV so there's not even any point getting component cables for the wii. Gah!

I'm very happy with my wii.

I play my DS loads, and that is never for the graphics.

About 4 of my mates are trying to get hold of a wii, because it's good fun. I don't want to fuck about with 'epic' games all the time. It's pretty good to get back from the pub and have a few rounds on wii sports with mates. Or the odd 'stolen' 15 minute session here and there. Using the remote feels so natural now, it IS better than a normal controller because it's instantly immersing. The bloke on the screen does what I'm doing!

Graphics are not an issue, the games don't suffer from a lack of photorealistic graphics. GC was good enough, and the wii is better than that, in terms of graphics.

If you don't like the way the wii does things, then don't buy one, or sell yours for a profit on eBay. Bitching and moaning like we're all advertising executives or PR gurus isn't getting us anywhere. Let's leave the business to nintendo and just try to enjoy the product. Games consoles don't have to be penis extensions, it doesn't matter if your mate's is bigger, blacker and has better graphics. There is no console war. Just stop it.

(And twilight princess is SOOOO much better than wind waker! Fucking boat!?)

I have an LCD and my Wii on Composite looked awesome. Got my Component today and it looks even better. I dont see why you think LCD makes it look worse

If your LCD is an older non-HD screen, with a pixel resolution close to or matching that ouput by your Wii, that might explain why it looks good on your's. If it's a newer HD-ready LCD then it might have a good upscaler, most don't. On the other hand, it is subjective. To you it looks 'awesome', to me it might look poor.

Click here for an explanation why standard definition usually looks bad on HD LCD screens.

It certainly explains why my Xbox 360, which matches the native resolution of my LCD, looks fantastic and why my Nintendo Wii, which can't, doesn't.

Sign in to follow this