NEurope
david.dakota

F-Zero Wii (speculative)

Going with davidredge's idea, you would need 8 wii motes for 4 player multiplayer which would be a stupid amount. Also I don't think any wii-mote/nunchuk set up would suit f-zero since there is far too much precision needed. Especially for vehicles like blood falcons which controls like a fridge on rollerskates.

I don't think an analog stick is any more precise than the Wii tilt function.

If they make this a classic control one, no buy for me.

It's not about precision, it's about having a limit and being able to feel what limit.

When you push to the edge of an analogue stick cup you know that is as far as your car will turn- you can turn a Wiimote endlessly and the feedback you get is the same. You lose the feeling of control- which isn't a problem in shitty games like Excite Truck where you can spin a car mid air.

The turning on your vechile has a limit, so should the controller.

I think that Nintendo should / will give the option of either the "Charge!/Excite Truck" style and the classic controller (and maybe GC). Donig one or the other will lose them customers - personally I'm not sure which method I would prefer. Online is essential - 30 racers would be simply awesome, but I question if servers could manage that and if games will take too long to be found. 8 way would be fine for me. Track editor and swapping is definately somethnig which should be implemented (See: Elebits). Creating and trading your own custom cars, too.

If done right, FZero will be on of the Wii's best games. No doubt.

Do please shut up. You'll ruin it for the rest of us if Nintendo hears people saying such ridiculous things.

Just look what Mario Kart DS did for the Nintendo DS- Nintendo could have easily released it as single player but instead due to pressure from reviewers they rushed it out for Christmas making it a much better game.

No, I won't shut up. Point being, that F-Zero for Wii could still be a fantastic game WITHOUT it being a title with online functionality. And that is the truth. Of course, if it had online, then brilliant - but it doesn't need it. I'm not too big on playing online, and far too many people obsess over it.

I think online will be there, but I doubt with more than 8 player multiplayer. F-zero wii could be pretty good for wii without online if they sort out that story mode.

I loved GC's F-Zero, still play it to this day, and that didn't have online. I think if they do make another game, and it's anything like F-Zero GX I will just fall in love with it.

It's not about precision, it's about having a limit and being able to feel what limit.

When you push to the edge of an analogue stick cup you know that is as far as your car will turn- you can turn a Wiimote endlessly and the feedback you get is the same. You lose the feeling of control- which isn't a problem in shitty games like Excite Truck where you can spin a car mid air.

The turning on your vechile has a limit, so should the controller.

Is there anything wrong with the controls I suggested, then?

Perhaps they're .. surreal? Ah wel, doesn't really matter. i'm pretty sure the gaame will work with nunchuk, because Nintendork stated the right thing: you need an end. F-Zero X on Nintendo64 was great, I bought GX but it never really got me on. So I probably won't be buying this iteration...

Im sure sure if the wii most would work.it would work for Tilting up and down for big jumps but not for turning.Fzero requires precise turning more than mario kart.

Please let sega develope it again.The best game amusement vision created.

You're forgetting there is a physical 'end' which is when you can't let your hands turn any further (where you do the hand over hand movement when driving a car). Really, this game shouldn't need the analogs from the classic controller.

I wouldn't be sure of the Wiimote if it was used to steer if/when this game gets announced/released, it just seems really loose and will make it really annoying or over simplified to control your futuristic beast.

I'm in the use the nunchucks analogue stick camp, you can use the Wiimote for attacks and stuff etc.

What I would like control-wise:

Nunchuck:

Analogue stick: Steer

Z: Left Airbrake

C:

Pull Back: Left Airbrake (optional)

Remote:

A: Accelerate

B: Right Airbrake

D-Pad Left/Right: Side-Dash Attack (thing)

D-Pad Up/Down: Spin Attack

1: Change camera (closer)

2: Change camera (further)

Pull Back: Right Airbrake (Optional)

Of course, GameCube controller as an option would be nice too. (and classic controller)

Single Player: Cups, Story, Death Race, Practice, Quick Race, Time-Trail, Death Race

Multiplayer: Vs (plus bots to make up to 30 racers in total), Death Race, Co-op Cup

Online: Not that bothered. Something like MKDS will be fine.

Actually those control ideas seem very comfortable when i think of them holding the Wii controls, I wouldnt mind a control scheme like that in the next F-Zero.

GX is one of my favourite games, but I agree the attack option didn't really work- I think its because the analogue shoulder buttons couldn't be tapped twice in the same way as the N64 ones, so they had to map it to the X button

The wii version should be controlled with just the remote, I think they should be able to make it work well, after all the remote is very sensitive. The attacks could be done with a quick flick in the direction of your opponent. Using the nunchuck adds unnecessary complexity, and I think the classic controller is a non-starter, I don't think they'll use it for any games, even smash bros, as it adds to consumer confusion...

Fixed like.

Yeah, because Sega made all the previous F-Zero games and made GX without any help from Nintendo at all. LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I wouldn't be sure of the Wiimote if it was used to steer if/when this game gets announced/released, it just seems really loose and will make it really annoying or over simplified to control your futuristic beast.

I'm in the use the nunchucks analogue stick camp, you can use the Wiimote for attacks and stuff etc.

I don't see why you think that using the tilt sensor is 'simplified' over the simple analog stick, really. I think you underestimate the Wiimote.

Using the Wiimote for attacks makes it all gimmicky, don't you think? A Wii racer shouldn't use the analog stick or the nunchuck at all. I find this "don't change F-Zero" and "keep your hands of Mario Kart's controls" a bit overconservative.

Who said F-Zero Wii has to play like X or GX? X plays nothing like the original F-Zero, why can't we have another F-Zero with different gameplay? All F-Zero really needs to be F-Zero is fast racing, a lack of weapons/items and pitlanes.

No, I won't shut up. Point being, that F-Zero for Wii could still be a fantastic game WITHOUT it being a title with online functionality. And that is the truth. Of course, if it had online, then brilliant - but it doesn't need it. I'm not too big on playing online, and far too many people obsess over it.

i would agree with that too many people fuss over online but it really is the ultimate game to have online.I mean if this was microsoft it would be a given.nintendo are in the stone age of the online world so far.Imagine like 30 player online battles.

Who said F-Zero Wii has to play like X or GX? X plays nothing like the original F-Zero, why can't we have another F-Zero with different gameplay? All F-Zero really needs to be F-Zero is fast racing, a lack of weapons/items and pitlanes.

gx control system was perfect in my opinion Even the ability to bash your opponent.one thing i didn't like though is that stupid Z move where the car spins.it looks bad and and is pointless.

They should stick to the design philosphy that worked so well on GX - minimalist graphics, maniacal action. At least 16+ is a must surely, though a minimum of a minimum of 8+ I reckon would do the job well enough. Time Trial tables is strictly forbidden from not being included. Upon pain of death.

They should stick to the design philosphy that worked so well on GX - minimalist graphics, maniacal action. At least 16+ is a must surely, though a minimum of a minimum of 8+ I reckon would do the job well enough. Time Trial tables is strictly forbidden from not being included. Upon pain of death.

Didn't you ever unlock the AX cup? "Lightning: Thunder Road" and "Green Plant: Spiral" had some of the most impressive graphics I ever saw on the GameCube. "Outer Space: Meteor Stream" was pretty spectacular too. And don't forget that there were 30 different machines on the track at once.

I don't wanna keep hearing about games that'd require me to pay another £135 for a four player. Once again the wii is about simplicity and non-gamers. Using the wiimote as a wheel in any game will be nintendo's first choice, since it's simple, easy for non-gamers, and people will still buy it. If you're stubborn enough not to buy an f-zero game just because it uses a new control scheme (which i'm sure nintendo can pull off), then you're not worth it's goodness.

Didn't you ever unlock the AX cup? "Lightning: Thunder Road" and "Green Plant: Spiral" had some of the most impressive graphics I ever saw on the GameCube. "Outer Space: Meteor Stream" was pretty spectacular too. And don't forget that there were 30 different machines on the track at once.

Don't get me wrong, F-Zero GX was fantastic looking, but again because the minimal textures and simple track side objects allowed for 30 vehicles without slowdown. The trick is of course that the scenery wouldn't look good standing still, but when accelerated to 2000kph you're not likely to notice the subtleties anyway. If you ask me I'd like to see them try for 50 cars in the same race.

I think there is too much lag to use motion detection in a game like this. The poiter function could be better but would suck.. Just use the d pad on the wiimote.