NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
mcj metroid

Wario Ware review

I plan to pick this up with some spare giftcards I got for christmas. How does it compare to previous installments in the series?

It's my favourite one, because you can make a fool of yourself more than in the other ones.

The original GBA one is still my favourite to be honest, although that's probably because it was so fresh and new at the time. Smooth Moves > Touched massively however

Any tips for doing the 'boxer' and 'pestle and mortar' forms? Sometimes the game responds to my actions and sometimes nothing seems to happen no matter what I do with the remote. All the other forms seem to work fine but when I'm shredding paper I can do one turn and then it just stops.

with the shredding paper its all about keeping up the momentum the same as the first shred you do.

Worst minigame: "Drop". It's just seems like a bad idea, and It doesn't always recognise quickly swinging the remote down (Wrist strap broke with Baseball, Wii Remote feels much better without it anyway).

Still, I love 9-Volts levels, probably my favourite ones.

I love the "Drop" game, just so simple and clever. And a good way to untwist your strap when you've just done one of the twisty games like "Broil."

I love 9-Volt's levels, all the retro Nintendo-ness is so fun.

Agreed. Love all of them. Brings back memories.

If you replay the Master Sword one again in the Temple of Form, each level makes Link get older. Level 1 - Adult Link. Level 2 - Old man Link with a beard. Level 3 -

Link turns into a Cuccoo and flies away with the Master Sword!

i hopw its better than touched.Touched was just stupid.it was fun but too dam short and had no multiplayer which was obvious

My favorite is probably 9 Volts aswell due to retro-ness.

I think the multiplayer in this is great.

Touched had multiplayer. The toy where either player held the DS at one end and pressed a button to play pingpong.

Touched had multiplayer. The toy where either player held the DS at one end and pressed a button to play pingpong.

That minigame filled many school breaks. Simple yet very effictive.

I have problems with it recognising a few things. It's like one minute it can be really funny, then I can be staring at the screen confused as to what I've done wrong.

I don't like it.

Tell you what else i like! The nodding game....

It asks you a question (as though your on a quiz show) and you have to nod if the question is correct!

Although one time it stated 'Is Owen Right-handed' and i didn't nod. I am left handed but use a Wii-mote in my right hand, so got slightly confused there....

It also said 'Is today the ___ of Jan?' and it was!

Quite clever that!

I'm easily pleased! :)

The elephant motion doesn't seem to work for me! I have to go down on one-knee for it to do anything and it still has trouble.

It's all about how close you are to the sensor bar - you wont be pointing directly at the spot on the TV. Meaning elephant, waitor type forms can go wrong if you don't point to the right spot.

You know the minigame where you need to clap the castanets when the notes pass through them? On the second version of this (two claps) I swear it says "the niggers of the world". Has anyone else noticed this?

I decided to trade in monkey ball and get this. Hopefully its good and fun.:heh:

It's better than Monkey Ball, it's just sometimes the controls can be not recognised, and it's frustrating when you get the game over screen and you don't know why.

When it's good though, it's excellent, but I've nearly thrown my remote at the tv a couple of times.

I've done most of the levels now and they're pretty cool. I was thinking. Even though it would make it less fun, the waiter you could just hold as if you would for the remote position. The handwriting one is maybe easier it feels more accurate even though it would the same. The elephant....that woudl get some laughs in a mulitplayer game, but I doubt anyone would do it.

Overall its great. Like the cube version but the games are even more wacky.

People were saying this game was tiny....

It isn't as small as it seemed like people were making it out to be. I've recently unlocked all 4 elephant houses, and have yet to play every single minigame. That will change soon, tho.

People were saying this game was tiny....

It isn't as small as it seemed like people were making it out to be. I've recently unlocked all 4 elephant houses, and have yet to play every single minigame. That will change soon, tho.

And the multiplayer is reall fun.

Sign in to follow this