NEurope
DiemetriX

Zelda WW vs Zelda TP vs OoT

Ok .

Thank you. I was expected to have you jumping down my throat, but you are not like some other losers on this forum who seem to have a problem forgiving. Now, lets get back to the topic at hand... WW was great, and I prefer it to OOT, but TP is my favourite- i don't have reasons, its just my opinion.

Fair enough, we all havve our favourites. It'd be boring if we all loved the same game the most.

I agree. We cannot all like the same thing. Like I liked Solitanze. But some people didn't, and took the mick. WW was my first zelda game, and I loved every minute of it. In fact, I have not completed it, but got stuck on the triforce hunt (walkthroughs say island B2. But what is B2????)

Err...

Square B2 is B2. Theres A-F and 1-6 as far as i'm aware and its simply a grid.

I Knew how to get to the Hidden Village, just asking where th brokrn bit of a bridge was.

You said "Help I need to get to the hidden village, how do I fix the bridge of eldin to get there"... - stop lying.

Why are you acusing him of lying when those 2 statements are obviously the same thing? He knew where the village was, he just didn't know how to fix the bridge (a missing bit, I gather, you see, I haven't actually played TP but I had to reply to this nonsense).

Why are you acusing him of lying when those 2 statements are obviously the same thing? He knew where the village was, he just didn't know how to fix the bridge (a missing bit, I gather, you see, I haven't actually played TP but I had to reply to this nonsense).

Get your facts right before accusing me of posting 'nonsense'....

He said on another thread, the TP one in the Wii forum, that he had to get to the hidden village so wanted to know how to fix the bridge to get there.

If that's the bridge in the top left hand corner of the map:

Where you get the bridge part from the desert/wastelands

Then you don't actually need that piece to get to the village. I didn't get it til after.

I just went the long way around. Yes, I am an idiot.

Get your facts right before accusing me of posting 'nonsense'....

He said on another thread, the TP one in the Wii forum, that he had to get to the hidden village so wanted to know how to fix the bridge to get there.

That's exactly what I said:

He knew where the village was, he just didn't know how to fix the bridge

:)

That's exactly what I said

Ok I shall clarify since you haven't played TP.

There are two ways of getting to the Hidden Village. One that requires you to repair the bridge of Eldin, cross it then get to the village, the other requires you to simply go around Hyrule Field from the other side.

the ganondorf has been saying "I need to get to the hidden village, how do I repair the Bridge of Eldin" in other words, he thought there was only one way to get there (the bridge way).

Then he changed his story to he knew how to get there (the Hyrule way), all he was asking was how does he fix the bridge.

Hence the confusion, but it's all in the past now.

Yes. And what's your excuse for such a retarded question out of the blue?

Yes. And what's your excuse for such a retarded question out of the blue?

You guessed it... I'm retarded too! And I was hoping to find a suitable companion for the upcoming retard mating season. Interested?

(edit: "suitable" was added)

To get on Topic, I somehow feel more of a nostalgia for The Wind Waker. there was something truly sparkling about it aand there was constant magic in the air. there was a feeling of thread and isolation (alone in an ocean the size of Mars, only blue) and also one of discovery. Sadly enough, discovering the buried Hyrule would have been much nicer. But yet it felt somehow very nice to play and was a true celebration of everything Zelda. Twilight Princess has left me with an open-wound and the question of where it belongs in my heart. The doctors say:'Nowhere, dude!', I say:'Nay'.

No contest! Twilight Princess is the greatest game of all time and The Wind Waker is the worst 3D Zelda.

And yet you have WW Link as your avatar.

TP the greatest game of all time? That's funny! ;)

No contest! Twilight Princess is the greatest game of all time and The Wind Waker is the worst 3D Zelda.

You know, there's something we all know as 'being radical' (or 'going motion' - just poking ya, motion :wink). They mostly suggest the most stupid things for the silliest reasons. The Wind Waker was a piece of art nd Twilight princess is generic Zelda like we know it from Ocarina of Time and Majroa's Mask. That doesn't make the Wind Waker aany less of a Zelda. You're a fool with this statement. You should alwways question yourself while writing something. Remember thaat! Hold on to that! It's extremely important not to become radical in your own believes. Since you're a new membher, I'm allowed to say all this crap. And point at you and say 'you dramatic misundersstatement'. If, for any reason, i'de want to say something as silly as that.

On topic though, I'm still going for the Wind Waker - even though the ending is somewhat stretched witht he hunt for rupees aswell as Triforce pieces. But there's enough 'ground' to cover on this one, so I'll go with it. Grand isn't always great, you know.

Is it balls. The worst 3D Zelda is OoT (which doesn't mean anything cause it's still amazing). Wind Waker is the best.

Is it balls. The worst 3D Zelda is OoT (which doesn't mean anything cause it's still amazing). Wind Waker is the best.

I hate to say it, but Bard has a point. Wind Waker in many respects is the best Zelda game ever.

I hate to say it, but Bard has a point. Wind Waker in many respects is the best Zelda game ever.

I'm still betting on Majora's Mask for 'best Zelda title ever' and 'Best 3D Zelda'. Sorry. it's much better than Wind Waker,k but Wind Waker takes a gracious second place. And Ocarina of Time takes the third place, with Twilight Princess on fourth. But those last two could also be considered a tie.

I think TWW is an awesome game and one of the greatest 3D adventures I've ever played, but it sucks compared to OOT, MM and TP. Biggest flaws in TWW are difficulty and ending. Sure, TP is easy too, but it's still ten times more difficult than TWW. And the thing I hate the most in TWW, is the phase, when you have to collect those f*cking Triforce shards. After I was done with those, I hoped that a great fight against Ganondorf would make it all worth it. But what did I get? THE MOST DISAPPOINTING ENDING FOR ANY GAME EVER!

My favourite Zelda games are TP and MM, which both are almost perfect and I really can't decide which one is better. I really can't say anything bad about OOT either, but one thing is sure: Every one of these are a lot better than TWW.

And I have TWW Link as my avatar because he is my favourite Link, not because TWW would be my favourite Zelda. ;)

I think TWW is an awesome game and one of the greatest 3D adventures I've ever played, but it sucks compared to OOT, MM and TP. Biggest flaws in TWW are difficulty and ending. Sure, TP is easy too, but it's still ten times more difficult than TWW. And the thing I hate the most in TWW, is the phase, when you have to collect those f*cking Triforce shards. After I was done with those, I hoped that a great fight against Ganondorf would make it all worth it. But what did I get? THE MOST DISAPPOINTING ENDING FOR ANY GAME EVER!

My favourite Zelda games are TP and MM, which both are almost perfect and I really can't decide which one is better. I really can't say anything bad about OOT either, but one thing is sure: Every one of these are a lot better than TWW.

And I have TWW Link as my avatar because he is my favourite Link, not because TWW would be my favourite Zelda. ;)

Sorry to dissagree here. But the most dissapointing ending ever? I found it beautiful. It's a subjective thing, though, but I think it was of an scale epic enough to make you feel like you lost something. Though the effect would have been better if they just let us discover the under-ocean land of Hyrule a little mroe. grow attached to it and then see it swallowed by the sea for once and for all - that would have made it better. What's up with (warning!) the ending of Twilight Princess: (spoiler!) breaking the freaking mirror on wich you collected half an adventure? And you collected it in the lesser side of the adventure, too. Twilight Princess is great but it never seemed to make the magic of it's first sneak peek happen. You know, that 'gigantic war' feeling you got with the unveiling of 'new legend' that was born? It never made up expectation.

Now it might be nostalgiaa kicking in here - and the next Zelda will suffer as much of it as this one - but I think Twilight Princess just doesn't cut it. It doesn't start as magical and refreshing as The Wind Waker, or even Majora's Mask(1), for that matter. It's the standard adventure. Wind Waker started off with hilarious cutscenes and lovely introduction. You lived towards the point at wich you could sail. I don't have the same feeling in Twilight princess. From the moment that you pushed back the Twilight Realm and discovered the vast land a little, the real exciting adventure is gone. It's downhill from there(2). The Wind Waker kept you awake and although the game was easy and the sailing tedious, there are enough fun things to do. If you found the Wind Waker so easy, why don't you try this: Play through the entire game with the Wind set on West. It's possible and it's a hell of a lot of fun. And it's hard. In the ocean parts.

That's my lecture on Wind Waker loving love-dy-love-love, my friends.

(1) Remember the beginning of Majora's Mask? Your moody first meeting with Skull kid, the eery enviroments, the sounds of only Epona walking through a dark, shadowy forest. Don't forget the Deku-transformation. Now that's a beginning for a Zelda game.

(2) Not downhill like in to sealevel, but more like a slow way down. It's still great for that matter (no, motion, I don't think it was utter cack). I just didn't like the second half as much as the first, for that matter.

Metroid Prime and Echoes both have almost as fustrating collecting phase at the end of the game, but in The Wind Waker it's a lot longer and very annoying. Also, the final boss fights in Metroid Prime and Echoes are so amazing that I felt really good after them and collecting artifacts/keys didn't bother me at all anymore. I didn't get the same feeling after killing Ganondorf in The Wind Waker. I felt just disappointed how they could ruin so amazing game with an ending like this. I know that The Wind Waker was not ment to be like that. If Nintendo would just had enough time to finnish the game the way it was ment to be, I would not complain.

You really can't compare collecting Triforce shards to fixing Mirror of Twilight. Finding Triforce shards is monotonous and boring but when you are fixing Mirror of Twilight, you have three big dungeons to complete and a lot of else to do. I don't care that finding three pieces of a mirror takes so long, because it's so fun.