NEurope
DiemetriX

Zelda WW vs Zelda TP vs OoT

I was talking to old man Ulrira there on the dog and bone and he gave Twilight Princess his full endorsement. : peace:

WW had clearly a Zelda soul in the entire game. I didn't feel the same with TP.... It had something missing.... :sad:

Improvements to Wind Waker that I think would make the game a masterpiece:

- Give us those two extra planned temples. The one for Nayru's Pearl and the accompanying temple later on (We've had Wind, Earth... perhaps Light?), bringing the total tally up to 8. This would also involve adding one more Wind Waker song and 2 extra items.

- Make the triforce hunt more interesting by adding a mini dungeon for each piece. Nothing huge, maybe a 20 minute one or something.

- One other town island, I don't know what the developers problem is with having more than 1 town in a 3D Zelda. OOT Kakariko/Castle Town sorta worked but apart from that...

- End credits need improving. Bubbles?? Though that final Epilogue scene was perfect in my opinion.

I lvoed the graphics on TP, but every now and then some parts looked a little bland. Did anyone else feel that? However at other times you could be riding Epona through an area as the sun came up and be like WOW this is the prettiest thing I've ever seen.

I have a non-spoilery question about Wii's TP.

The thing about it being a flipped version of the original GC never bothered me, and it still doesn't, but recently something came to me.... If the game is flipped, does that mean that the sun rises in the West and sets in the East?? Or did they at least change that?

The thing about it being a flipped version of the original GC never bothered me, and it still doesn't, but recently something came to me.... If the game is flipped, does that mean that the sun rises in the West and sets in the East?? Or did they at least change that?

I don't think they changed anything. Not that I ever actually watched where the sun would come up. Only time I noticed that the game was flipped, was when Link shook hands with another character, and they both used their left hands for that. Just looked a bit weird.

Hmmm.. Looks like I have to play MM.

Would you say guys MM is better than TP and WW?

I think a lot of us would say...hells yes.

Play it, don't be a fool, son.

I don't think they changed anything. Not that I ever actually watched where the sun would come up. Only time I noticed that the game was flipped, was when Link shook hands with another character, and they both used their left hands for that. Just looked a bit weird.

Well, in the map screen... is west to the left or to the right?

You see, in Ocarina the sun sets over the desert, Gerudo Valley or the Colossus, and that's to the left when facing north. All you have to know is over which game area does the sun set and where it is in the map. I'd like some input on this, if possible.

I think a lot of us would say...hells yes.

Play it, don't be a fool, son.

I was going to go replay WW...

But Looks like it's OOT and then MM first :)

Check:heh:

I actually wondered about this (I however don't like the whole flipped thing as it was kinda pointless), but I 've never checked myself.

Twilight Princess is a great game but it just seems to lack depth compared to other Zelda games, with hardly any sidequests, no trading quest and a very barren world. The towns are absolutly awful, nothing to do in them. Wind Waker was better.

Twilight Princess is a great game but it just seems to lack depth compared to other Zelda games, with hardly any sidequests, no trading quest and a very barren world. The towns are absolutly awful, nothing to do in them. Wind Waker was better.

You should join in the Wii TP discussion thread, we'd have a lot to agree on.

Bring back the WW battleships mini game.

Fcuk knows why the "Ker-boooom" and "Splish" dialogue amused the hell out of me.

Maybe, but I'd say a stronger story.

WW felt more zelda to me, but only because it was my first zelda. I loved every minute of it up till the frustrating triforce hunt. Shouldn't this be a poll? If ww had th temple of time in it and more landscape hyrule, I would've picked it. But Tp picked up the zelda franchise, ran for about 70 hours and perfected it. So TP by far.

Did I dream it or does the Mother and Child rocks get mentioned in Twilight Princess? They do don't they?

If so, I think its a very cool reference and link between the two.

(It has been quite a while, but I'm positive theres Mother and Child Isle or something in Wind Waker)

Did I dream it or does the Mother and Child rocks get mentioned in Twilight Princess? They do don't they?

If so, I think its a very cool reference and link between the two.

(It has been quite a while, but I'm positive theres Mother and Child Isle or something in Wind Waker)

yep they are in zora's Domain

WW felt more zelda to me, but only because it was my first zelda. I loved every minute of it up till the frustrating triforce hunt. Shouldn't this be a poll? If ww had th temple of time in it and more landscape hyrule, I would've picked it. But Tp picked up the zelda franchise, ran for about 70 hours and perfected it. So TP by far.

There was the temple of time in WW, are you sure you played it?

70 hours?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. As said above, this is the 3D Zelda with the LEAST depth to it. There's nothing to do!

There was the temple of time in WW, are you sure you played it?

70 hours?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. As said above, this is the 3D Zelda with the LEAST depth to it. There's nothing to do!

There is no temple of time in WW. There was hyrule castle, but that is it. The last two 'temples' weren't actually temples, but dungeons with the name temple. A temple is a place of worship.

Yes, 70 hours. Have YOU ever played TP? There was fishing, white water rafting and if you don't like it you are clearly not a 'true' nintendo fan. But I am not arguing to you about it again. Just accept my opinion, deal with it and CHILL OUT!!!

I really dont understand alot of the moaning for Twilight Princess. It lacks 'a zelda soul'. Sod off. How the hell can a VIDEO GAME lack soul? Besides I think people look back on OOT too nostaligically. I think Twilight Princess is definately better than Wind Waker (so far at leats but I am up to the 7th dungeon) It has so much more to it than the odd little island that has some crappy room with a chest that contains some rupees. As for the best zelda game, Majoras Mask is easily the best :)

There is no temple of time in WW. There was hyrule castle, but that is it. The last two 'temples' weren't actually temples, but dungeons with the name temple. A temple is a place of worship.

Yes, 70 hours. Have YOU ever played TP? There was fishing, white water rafting and if you don't like it you are clearly not a 'true' nintendo fan. But I am not arguing to you about it again. Just accept my opinion, deal with it and CHILL OUT!!!

There is a hell of a lot of Gameplay to it. And the bits like rafting and fishing can extend the game a hell of a lot. I liked the fruit collection game!

LOL right I've given up on you knowing anything about Zelda because of those two paragraphs you just wrote.

1. IT IS THE TEMPLE OF TIME IN WW. Where do you think you pull the Master Sword out from?

2. The last two temples aren't actually temples? So why did both the game and characters in the game call them the "EARTH TEMPLE" and the "WIND TEMPLE"?

3. I've probably played more Zelda than you mate, of course I've played and won TP. It's the 3D Zelda that's lacking in depth the most. There's nothing to do in the entire game apart from cheap thrills like fishing, poe hunting and erm... bug collecting.

4. First of all I never said I don't like TP. I love it. But even if I didn't like, you think that doen't make me a 'true' Nintendo fan? LMAO. That's hilarious. Because as a true nintendo fan you're supposed to love everything about everything Ninty ever makes. Give me a break.

I really dont understand alot of the moaning for Twilight Princess. It lacks 'a zelda soul'. Sod off. How the hell can a VIDEO GAME lack soul? Besides I think people look back on OOT too nostaligically. I think Twilight Princess is definately better than Wind Waker (so far at leats but I am up to the 7th dungeon) It has so much more to it than the odd little island that has some crappy room with a chest that contains some rupees. As for the best zelda game, Majoras Mask is easily the best :)

The list of things to do in TP must be easily 4 times less than WW or MM.

TP lacks soul, as the majority of people on these boards have agreed.

WW felt magic. TP feels empty, hollow and unimportant. Not to mention poorly planned out.

There is a hell of a lot of Gameplay to it. And the bits like rafting and fishing can extend the game a hell of a lot. I liked the fruit collection game!

Rafting adds, what, 15 minutes?

Fishing? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Rollgoal? Fun for 20 minutes.

Apart from that, nothing much else.

Exploring in WW felt like a tedious task unlike TP which feels more like an adventure just exploring the land.

Exploring in WW felt like a tedious task unlike TP which feels more like an adventure just exploring the land.

Yes, I loved just riding around Hyrule in TP, but I did feel that exploration in WW wasn't as fun. Plus, although occasionally TP looks bland, when the sun rises and the world is filling with light I don't think many games rival that for sheer artistic beauty.

Plus, for some reason I enjoy horse riding more than boating!