NEurope
DiemetriX

Zelda WW vs Zelda TP vs OoT

My mate prefers Wind Waker (I have yet to decide as I haven't completed TP yet due to going away). Though I expect to prefer Wind Waker as well, which is a real shame. Twilight Princess just lacks character to the other 3 games. (The 3D ones :heh:)

TP is ok, it feels like nintendo felt the backlash from some zelda fans after ww and crapped them selves and were like we better not do that again. WW was more fun for me i had a better time plating it, with TP it seems like an effort and i kinda have to force myself to play.

This summerises it nicely: http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/profile/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-24822032&user=Shirley_Temple

I'm going to have to say Twilight Princess. I enjoyed Wind Waker, when I first sailed on the ocean I thought "Ah, this is great", but it got less interesting, whereas Twilight Princess has Epona, so you can ride through Hyrule Field trampling over enemies, plus the horseback fights are fantastic IMO.

I liked the graphics on WW, it was nice change from the usual realism that the other games had, plus Link's facial animations were pretty cool.

TP, though, is just, I don't know how to say it, it blew me away when I first played it, and I am really enjoying it. Although I'm now currently stuck in the Snowpeak Ruins and I need someone to point out what I have to do which will most likely be something very obvious.

Personally I prefer TP over WW.

TP just seemed to have more moments that made me go wow , and some of the moments in the story were quite emotional. I never quite got that feeling with WW.

Saying that though , I have played through WW at least 3 times so perhaps my initial enthusiasm for some of its finer moments have been diluted. The sailing bits whilst initially different soon became tiresome and I far preferred travelling over Hyrule on Epona in TP (so much so that I regularly avoided warping).

There were a few things i passionately hated about Wind Waker, i cant say that about TP.

The Wind Waker baton itself and the Sail (the 2 worst items in Zelda history), and the fact that Link is too dumb to draw his own map so he has to bribe a fish with a pen in its mouth to do it for him.

I thought WW was amazing, in character, spirit, gameplay, graphics, music, enemies and temples. If they hadn't run out of time and abandoned those two temples it would have been even bettter.

TP is a very very good game but the story makes no sense, the music is rubbish and it doesn't have that magic feeling that the other Zelda's has.

Probably WW for me. Just. (and no I'm not being sarky)

This does sum up a few points quite well: http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/profile/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-24822032&user=Shirley_Temple

TP is ok, it feels like nintendo felt the backlash from some zelda fans after ww and crapped them selves and were like we better not do that again.

They can screw themselves then if thats the case, Wind Waker holds it own as a great Zelda game. "OMGZ its shit! Cartoony For Teh Kiddies!"

Where I was upto, before my file got deleted on Twilight Princess (45 Hours!) I'd have to say Wind Waker was beating it so far. I seriously fell in love with midna and I can't wait untill I can feel like bothering to get where I was and complete it, hopefully afterwards my opinion will change.

Overall, Twilight Princess wins it, by far.

Wind Waker was good, but I think the dungeon and boss design in Twilight Princess just completely beats anything the Wind Waker had to offer. The fights just didn't feel all that memorable in WW, whereas they left me buzzing in TP.

I think the whole overworld (Hyrule) was managed better in TP. There were more islands to sale to in WW, but there just didn't seem to be many "main" islands. Some felt too small, imo.

Wind Waker is a beautiful game, but I think Twilight Princess is also a beautiful game, too. I think one of the main selling points for Wind Waker is its graphics, whereas I think the gameplay is one of the reasons why many of us like Twilight Princess so much (especially the Wii version).

I also think the lack of a decent companion in WW hindered it somewhat. King of Red Lions was ok...but Midna is arguably one of the best characters in a zelda game since OoT. She had character, charisma, charm. You can't ask for more.

With regards to the mainstory, many of us were peeved at the triforce hunting shards bit. An opportunity was missed her for more dungeons. Less shards, more dungeons. They could still have incorporated the sailing somehow if they tried. How about a dungeon where you have sections where you need to use sailing?

Overall, again, I think TP had the better story. It was partly a homage to past Zelda games, but it also brings something new, too.

So, thats my 2 cents.

First three bosses in Twilight Princess were either no fun or too easy I thought. Wind Wakers first boss were you had to grapple the dragons tail left me overwhelmed.

I don't think I've ever thought so much about the answer I've given to a question in a thread before. So much so that I'm defo going back to replay WW after I've finsihed TP, just to see if I was right.

I got hideously stuck on WW, so never finished. I never really liked it, so Im going with TP

Twilight Princess bosses were not all that.

First: Easy.

Second: Looked so powerful and intimidating, however it ended up being finished easily.

Third: Tedious, although the scale of the battle was impressive.

Fighting a massive skeleton monster on a beyblade really made me happy though.

The bosses in TP were the easiest bunch in the series I feel and were also extremely convenient.

- Forest temple: good think those bomb emplacements were there.

- Arbiter's Grounds: good think those spinner tracks were there.

- Temple of Time: the giant statues that punch the ground were there because...??

- City in the Sky (hardly a city now was it): Lucky those Peehats decided to grow and circle the bad guy in a perfect circle.

Also thank god the Hyrule designers put clawshot targets throughout the land. At least with the hookshot you could grab onto things other than those targets, here it all felt way too convenient.

Seems opinion on WW vs TP is split 50:50

The bosses in TP were the easiest bunch in the series I feel and were also extremely convenient.

- Temple of Time: the giant statues that punch the ground were there because...??

- City in the Sky (hardly a city now was it): Lucky those Peehats decided to grow and circle the bad guy in a perfect circle.

Also thank god the Hyrule designers put clawshot targets throughout the land. At least with the hookshot you could grab onto things other than those targets, here it all felt way too convenient.

Welcome to every game ever.

Games aren't real life, they don't make sense.

Duuuuuuh...::shrug:

Funny, OOT, MM and WW do a better job of it. That's what I was saying.

Duuuuh

Don't be ridiculous. To suggest that TP is somehow damaged due to these issues is nonsense. What about Resident Evil? Don't you think Chris Redfield may have been able to boot a few of those doors open in the mansion? Did he really have to run around in circles collecting keys for locks? Would his gun not have shot them out?

Games are full of bits and pieces which do not make perfect sense.

why not make this a poll.

I vote wind waker every time. Its a proper story and legend being told from the very start.TP is just boring and unfocused. The opening is crapyola. I'm in the middle and doubt I'll see the end.

Don't be ridiculous. To suggest that TP is somehow damaged due to these issues is nonsense. What about Resident Evil? Don't you think Chris Redfield may have been able to boot a few of those doors open in the mansion? Did he really have to run around in circles collecting keys for locks? Would his gun not have shot them out?

Games are full of bits and pieces which do not make perfect sense.

TP is damaged by a lot of things but not what I mentioned above. I was merely making a comment about the bosses in the game and how this convenience isn't present in other 3D Zelda games.

blender: If you think the beginning is bad, you'll hate the latter part of the game.

Completely agree with TP being unfocused.

motion2000 - Aren't you bored of stating the same opinions and trying to make out like Twilight Princess is the worst Zelda game ever, or more like sometimes you make it sound like its the worst game ever?

Zelda games are always about, you have what you need to kill the fucker now lets experiment to find out what works then kill the damn thing. i mean you weren't moaning about the spikey walls in the temple in WW with the ghost dude boss?! people can moan about the tiniest details in game but you make it sound like these tiny things ruin the whole game. perhaps your just too jaded and were expecting TP to be something it was never intended to be.

Spikey walls I don't mind, but apart from that every boss in WW was better planned.

The discussion is about WW vs TP, I'm stating my opinion. If you don't like it fuck off. I loved TP. I just loved WW more.

Spikey walls I don't mind, but apart from that every boss in WW was better planned.

The discussion is about WW vs TP, I'm stating my opinion. If you don't like it fuck off. I loved TP. I just loved WW more.

no need for language like that Mr!

:heh:

good then, i was just talking about the way people reading your posts would think you thought about the games . . . if that made sense :S

Apologies. Well to anyone reading my posts, I thought Twilight Princess was a great game but fall of flaws that ultimately makes me prefer OOT/MM/WW.

Apologies. Well to anyone reading my posts, I thought Twilight Princess was a great game but fall of flaws that ultimately makes me prefer OOT/MM/WW.

is it close? how would you compare TP to a game that isn't a Zelda one?

Very close to WW.

TP comared to any other game that isn't Zelda: 10/10.

TP compared to other Zeldas: 8.8.