NEurope
DiemetriX

Zelda WW vs Zelda TP vs OoT

Wind Waker

This game started off so well, the opening parts of the game where Link had to go and rescue his sister from the fortress (exploring it with stealth tactics) was good and padded out the fortress. It even had a layout that would confuse you. Then it had the dungeons to acquire the orbs to get to the Tower. The first let down was the lack of the third dungeon to get the third orb, there should have either been a dungeon or a race back to Outset with the Pirates instead of an easy ride back to collect it from Jabun. The Tower of Gods had a bit of a challenge to it and it was a good temple. Then the let down of the game continues with the Earth and Wind temples and what followed. The temples were too easy and felt rushed, same as the section afterwards featuring the Triforce hunt, which was seriously rushed and could have been padded out further. Getting the charts could be the hunting and then getting the shards could have included maybe 4 or 5 mini-dungeons to prove your the chosen one to hold the Triforce of Courage. The other 3 shards could have been hunted down maybe with a guardian who you had to defeat. Then we come to Ganondorf, who was a partially finished boss. Most of the challenge was there, but could have been improved with stages.

Twilight Princess

This game took the elements which made Ocarina of Time great and improved it. There were lots of interactions and Wolf Link was a cool addition. Each temple required it's own level of thought to complete and were a challenge to beat. Compared to Wind Wakers opening dungeons, TP had 3 dungeons to complete and earn the light spirits and armour instead of it being given to you. Getting the Master Sword was challenging in places as well. There were more features in TP that were better than in WW, except the lack of mini-games/quests. Why was that, there could have been an archery game and maybe a few games/quests more to get Heart Pieces including a Bomb game like in OOT and a race like in MM where you had to get from one end of the room avoiding the raising walls to get the prize. A wolf mini-game/quest could have been included as well. Thats really my only gripe about TP.

Twilight Princess abridged

Guardian: 'Im a big stupid Guardian! Go get my tears ...and put them in this tear-collecting thingy. The fate of the world hinges upon it!''

Link: ''Whatever you say, Mr. Guardian!''

Its a shame that TP's superior combat, menu navigation, and dungeon quality and quantity is killed by its dreary atmosphere and convoluted story

On the other hand, its a shame that WW's vibrant world, fluid animation and charming story are killed by lack of difficulty, fetch quests, and a handful of action-halting items like the Sail and the Wind Waker baton itself

I hope Zelda Wii combines both games strengths and erases their shortcomings

Excellent, so you'll forgive me if I don't give a stuff about your opinion either.

Nah I don't mind considering you do that anyway to anyone who doesn't agree with what you think.

Ah man, I'm so happy they improved on Wind Waker so much with Twilight Princess, seriously what were they thinking when they made Wind Waker?

Nah I don't mind considering you do that anyway to anyone who doesn't agree with what you think.

Not at all.

Ah man, I'm so happy they improved on Wind Waker so much with Twilight Princess, seriously what were they thinking when they made Wind Waker?

Most on this topic would disagree with you.

Pit Jnr, re: TP: "dreary atmosphere and convoluted story" - couldn't have put it better myself.

Most on this topic would disagree with you.

Pit Jnr, re: TP: "dreary atmosphere and convoluted story" - couldn't have put it better myself.

Aww, but I thought you didn't care about my opinion?

According to Nintendo Power, Eiji Aonouma would love to make a “Wind Waker†for the Wii.

I don't.

Then why reply to what I say as if you have to proove something to me?

I'm just about to play the game again, after months of it going untouched-no other Zelda game has disinterested me this much-sadly.

Still, i hope it can hook me again, if only so i can finish it, so i only have to finish zelda II and majoras mask to have completed all the Zeldas.

Let it goooooo

I am going to now, it's just this vendetta you have to prove Twilight Princess is a bad game is annoying me these days.

Feel free to go to your Control panel and ignore me from now on then.

And I'm not saying it's a bad game. I just don't think it's a very good Zelda game.

Feel free to go to your Control panel and ignore me from now on then.

And I'm not saying it's a bad game. I just don't think it's a very good Zelda game.

It is a good zelda game, just not extremely original and it doesn't hold the attention, saying that wind waker didnt either, but it had more charm than twilight princess.

It is a good zelda game, just not extremely original and it doesn't hold the attention, saying that wind waker didnt either, but it had more charm than twilight princess.

Wind Waker oozed charm. I think Nintendo really hit the spot when they made it cel-shaded, Links facial expressions were amazing. I really liked the ones he pulled in the final battle with Ganon, he looked so harmless yet very peed off.

Wind Waker oozed charm. I think Nintendo really hit the spot when they made it cel-shaded, Links facial expressions were amazing. I really liked the ones he pulled in the final battle with Ganon, he looked so harmless yet very peed off.

Classic! ^_^

I think i may play WW again soon . . .

Doesn't this all boil down to the question of whether one prefers cartoon-like style over realism or vice versa? Me being more of a fan of the latter, I really think TP had, in fact, a lot of charm to it. It had a very distinct graphical style that gave it something it's predecessors (including oot) didn't have, that made it stand out. It had some very stylish sceneries.

I can't say a lot about windwaker since I've never played it, but it's style never really appealed to me that much (from what I've seen of it).

Of course, there's also the matter of having interesting things to do: storyline, characters, dungeon designs, etc. I don't doubt WW was well-developed in each of these areas, but I can't agree with those who claim TP failed here. The sidequests, albeit not very 'traditional' (i.e., no real trading sequences, no target shooting, ...), were plenty and the story, although not perfect, was interesting enough to me. Of course, the *style* of the story and characters in TP was consistent with it's presentation: more geared towards realism rather than light-heartedness.

Doesn't this all boil down to the question of whether one prefers cartoon-like style over realism or vice versa? Me being more of a fan of the latter, I really think TP had, in fact, a lot of charm to it. It had a very distinct graphical style that gave it something it's predecessors (including oot) didn't have, that made it stand out. It had some very stylish sceneries.

I can't say a lot about windwaker since I've never played it, but it's style never really appealed to me that much (from what I've seen of it).

Of course, there's also the matter of having interesting things to do: storyline, characters, dungeon designs, etc. I don't doubt WW was well-developed in each of these areas, but I can't agree with those who claim TP failed here. The sidequests, albeit not very 'traditional' (i.e., no real trading sequences, no target shooting, ...), were plenty and the story, although not perfect, was interesting enough to me. Of course, the *style* of the story and characters in TP was consistent with it's presentation: more geared towards realism rather than light-heartedness.

To me, it doesn't seem you're that able to say TP is better than WW, and that TP didn't fail sidequest wise...

without having played Wind Waker.

Fact is, you've got 4-5 times more stuff to do in WW (apart from the main quest I mean).

You really need to play WW.

To me, it doesn't seem you're that able to say TP is better than WW, and that TP didn't fail sidequest wise...

without having played Wind Waker.

Fact is, you've got 4-5 times more stuff to do in WW (apart from the main quest I mean).

You really need to play WW.

I didn't say TP is better than WW (since I've never played WW), although I have to admit that I'm inclined to believe that it is. I'm really more of a fan of the latter's style/presentation. Maybe I should give WW a try if I every find it anywhere.

Edit: as for sidequests, TP certainly didn't fail there: herding game, secret caves, special digging spots, small target practice session at kakariko village (could have been made into a more complete minigame, admittedly), boat ride, fishing, rollerball (not much of a fan of that, but it was there), flying game at lake hylia, star game, snowboarding, poes, bugs, getting the magic armor, finding all the cats in the secret village, what else did I forget? Some were small, some were larger, and maybe WW had lots more, TP still had enough to enjoy.

I wasn't sure about WW's style at all until I played it, but believe me it works so stunningly well once you do actually play it.

Just look over the past 11 pages, at how many people have praised WW's visuals.

Doesn't this all boil down to the question of whether one prefers cartoon-like style over realism or vice versa?

No. I think Wind Waker has better graphics, but overall Twilight Princess is a better game.

I don't think anyone is dissing WW, well maybe just McMad, it's just your vendetta against TP that's annoying. WW is like dead poets. While they're alive everyone is "Meh", after a few years everyone is "OMG JAWESOME!". Which it is, of course. ON the topic of prefering the graphics, I don't have preference. For a young Link I prefer Cel Shading and for an adult Link I prefer TP-like graphics.

I didn't actually think WW was that 'amazing' until I played TP and then replayed WW and it made me appreciate how genius it is, (if nothing else, at least compared to TP's dullness)

I didn't actually think WW was that 'amazing' until I played TP and then replayed WW and it made me appreciate how genius it is, (if nothing else, at least compared to TP's dullness)

You think the same will happen with TP and the new wii zelda? Suddenly realizing how amazing TP actually is when confronted with the next installment in the series?