NEurope
DiemetriX

Zelda WW vs Zelda TP vs OoT

It's true that the final clash with Ganondorf in TP was pretty crap really. Just two guys, who had met 10 minutes ago, fighting with swords in a field.

WW's Ganon battle at least had a bit of history to Ganon and you felt there was something at stake.

exactly!

there was so much more emotion and i go as far as to say beauty, in ww. the b&w clashing with colour was magnificent.

I actually liked the graphics in WW a bit more, but everything else was better in TP, story, gameplay etc.

the story was better in tp but winid waker felt just plain bigger

and it also felt like there was more to do in it.

the some of the dungeons were better too

TP's storyline really is hugely over-praised. It really is nothing special.

It also sort of dies half way through the game.

and it also felt like there was more to do in it.

because there WAS more to do in it. Far more

Wind Waker was the first ever zelda I really enjoyed. TP on the other hand bored me really.

TP's storyline really is hugely over-praised. It really is nothing special.

It also sort of dies half way through the game.

plus it was harder

Because of the sailing, I couldn't be bothered to do any of it after the main quest.

Why could they have not put a special sail in the game that lets you turn freely regardless of the wind?

Instead they put a warp system that got you pretty much anywhere you wanted on the Great Sea. Or at least one square next to.

Cube has a point, even with warping you had to change the wind to go anywhere. They could have upgraded the boat along the way, with new sails that would make it faster and more maneuverable.

What I did was start at one point of the map, and then go all the way to the other point, and using the wind in a near 90º angle. That would get me anywhere except backward.

Twilight Princess was better than Wind Waker because I had so much more fun playing it than Wind Waker.

Sure Wind Waker looked pretty and had a far better soundtrack but the Game felt slightly half assed sometimes, in particualr when Jabun just gives you the final pearl and at the triforce hunt, I can't help but think that if Wind Waker had more time it could have been such a better game.

Twilight Princess felt like a much more complete game to me, and at times it could really be a beautiful game to look at. Twilight Princess was long, fun and hard, best Zelda since Ocarina for me.

Twilight Princess was better than Wind Waker because I had so much more fun playing it than Wind Waker.

Sure Wind Waker looked pretty and had a far better soundtrack but the Game felt slightly half assed sometimes, in particualr when Jabun just gives you the final pearl and at the triforce hunt, I can't help but think that if Wind Waker had more time it could have been such a better game.

Twilight Princess felt like a much more complete game to me, and at times it could really be a beautiful game to look at. Twilight Princess was long, fun and hard, best Zelda since Ocarina for me.

You've just said it all, mate. TP beat WW, and was the best Zelda game since OOT. The graphics- especially the ones in the Twiliht realms, with their moody portrayel- rocked. If I could wipe my memory and start again, I would.

however, the musik (especially Dragon Roost), were so much better in WW, and I was disappointed with TP's toones. Listen here for orchestrated music of every Zelda game:

http://www.zreomusic.com/listen

however, the musik (especially Dragon Roost), were so much better in WW, and I was disappointed with TP's toones. Listen here for orchestrated music of every Zelda game:

That site should be renamed "Synthesised Zelda music that sounds worse than the original Midis"

Why could they have not put a special sail in the game that lets you turn freely regardless of the wind?

it was part of the genius so that no loading times were noticable.

That's a good point actually, almost no loading times whatsoever in WW.

Things that are better in WW in my opinion:

- Gameplay

- Graphics

- Music

- Storyline

- Innovation

- Some dungeon design (Forest Haven, Wind, Earth Temples and Forbidden Fortress

- Zelda-ness

Things that are better in TP:

- Items

- Boss fights

- Some dungeon design (Arbiters Grounds, Snowpeak)

I've never played WW so I guess I can't really say anything about this, but I thought TP did have some pretty darn good themes. I name Lake Hylia, the regular overworld (/field) theme, the music from the twilight realm (quite moody), Kakariko Village, the hidden village and the theme you hear after you beat the boss of a dungeon. Especially that last one was magic. Then there were also the boss themes themselves, which were somewhat interactive in that they changed according to the situation.

- Gameplay

- Graphics

- Music

- Storyline

- Innovation

- Zelda-ness

- Items

- Boss fights

Where was this innovation you speak of?

- Art Design

- Music

- Storyline

- Innovation

- Zelda-ness

- Items

- Boss fights

- Character Design

- Gameplay

- Length

- Graphics

Fixed it for you.

The gameplay is better in Twilight Princess mainly because of the Wii-mote, the spin attack is now a very handy in combat and there are far more attacks to use in fights aswell. The only new thing Wind Waker did in gameplay was the parry attack.

Character in Twilight Princess is better; Midna and the Yeti are legendary new faces and there are many others worth mentioning in Twilight Princess while in the Wind Waker the King of Red Lions was the only interesting new character.

The core game in Twilight Princess is far longer than Wind Waker which is a good thing considering how dissapointed we all were that Wind Waker was so short.

Both games have advantages over each other Motion, just because you like Wind Waker more than Twilight Princess doesn't mean it's true.

And just because you think all of the above doesn't mean any of that is true. But I'm not going to write 'in my opinion' at the end of each of my posts because that would get boring.

Gameplay... I (and it seems the majority on this thread) found wind waker more fun. That's what I meant by gameplay.

Character wise, what characters. Midna, cool. The Yeti... meh. The kids? meh.

TP far longer than WW, not sure about that. Certainly as a complete game, WW is much much bigger.

So I'll stick to this:

- Gameplay

- Graphics

- Music

- Storyline

- Innovation

- Zelda-ness

- Items

- Boss fights

Raw, by innovation I mean... trying something new with the Zelda formula. Giving us a sea based, cel shaded adventure. Something that was completely different and unexpected.

Cube has a point, even with warping you had to change the wind to go anywhere. They could have upgraded the boat along the way, with new sails that would make it faster and more maneuverable.

What I did was start at one point of the map, and then go all the way to the other point, and using the wind in a near 90º angle. That would get me anywhere except backward.

I had no trouble with the wind most of the times. It wasn't that hard to change the direction of the wind once in a while.

Even if I missed my goal (an island) I could just steer the boat until I was close to safely swim to land. It wasn't a big deal.

In my opinion, a magic sail would take away the whole "sailing" feeling the game had to offer.

And just because you think all of the above doesn't mean any of that is true. But I'm not going to write 'in my opinion' at the end of each of my posts because that would get boring.

Gameplay... I (and it seems the majority on this thread) found wind waker more fun. That's what I meant by gameplay.

Character wise, what characters. Midna, cool. The Yeti... meh. The kids? meh.

TP far longer than WW, not sure about that. Certainly as a complete game, WW is much much bigger.

So I'll stick to this:

- Gameplay

- Graphics

- Music

- Storyline

- Innovation

- Zelda-ness

- Items

- Boss fights

Raw, by innovation I mean... trying something new with the Zelda formula. Giving us a sea based, cel shaded adventure. Something that was completely different and unexpected.

Oh well if this is all your opinion and you're not trying to state things as fact then I don't care.

But I think most people will back me up in thinking the Yeti was awesome, you just cared more about the characters in Twilight Princess than in Wind Waker.

Oh well if this is all your opinion and you're not trying to state things as fact then I don't care.

But I think most people will back me up in thinking the Yeti was awesome, you just cared more about the characters in Twilight Princess than in Wind Waker.

but wtf is a yeti doing in the story line though? (that is unleess it is just a device for a disorgansied mess of an overly long adventure)

but wtf is a yeti doing in the story line though? (that is unleess it is just a device for a disorgansied mess of an overly long adventure)

Exactly. Personally, I liked the yeti and his wife. But apart from them and Midna, there were no other memorable characters whatsoever in TP.

Excellent, so you'll forgive me if I don't give a stuff about your opinion either.

By the way

what about links girl friend she was kinda memorable

i loved that cut scene in the bar with all the guards and stuff

Loved both.

erm...i think Twilight Princess just nabs it, due to the sheer length of all the dungeons etc..and the epicness to it.

I tell you what i do like, the fact that Zelda often reminds me of all these great Japanese Anime films i'm getting into, the characters are often pretty similar in both the games and the films..

Exactly. Personally, I liked the yeti and his wife. But apart from them and Midna, there were no other memorable characters whatsoever in TP.

You'll just say that no matter what. Why is there a reason for the Yeti NOT to be in the game. TPs memorable characters: Ilia, Midna, Yeti and Wife, Malo, Colin,Indian dude, Boat shop keeper, those two gay guys from the cannon and chicken game, "Tingle", Telma, all the guys that help you in HYrule Castle. I'd say the cast is much more interesting than WWs, except for Ganon, which was cool in TP, but awesome in WW.

Also WW easier than Tp (not you motion, someone else said it)? Give me a break, TPs battles are easy, but harder than WW and the dungeons required much more thought.

Of course that this is my opinion and nothing that I'll say will stop your TP nagging. You could even write a book.