NEurope
DiemetriX

Zelda WW vs Zelda TP vs OoT

What zelda games did you enjoy the most? Wind waker or twilight princess?

Many of you have played through both games. And I'm hearing different opinions. Which game do you think is the best of the two? [not according to gamerankings solitanze].

Please use spoiler tags for both WW and TP :)

Personaly I like Twiligt princes the best. Both games are great. But the later boat parts of Wind waker runined it abit. TP never gets boring or feel streched out or like a chore but WW did coming near the end.

But If I compare dungeons I would Say WW had the better dungeons and some of the bosses where slightly better.

For how alive it felt, graphics and music definitly Wind Waker.

But for actual gameplay, Twilight Princess.

Wind Waker had a grander scale, and the whole game, including Dungeons and so forth felt just huge (if somewhat empty in place, see ocean).

Twilight Princess presented a smaller scale world, which was large enough, upping the ante from Ocarina, but I believe it borrowed too heavily from it.

Wind Waker gave its nods and such to Ocarina without it feeling too intrusive and had such a unique and carefully crafted style that Twilight could never capture,

Wind Waker for the win.

I enjoyed the feel of WW, it was really refreshing and was a breath of fresh air for the Zelda series. Enjoyed it, but TP although I haven't finished it yet has a much deeper story and the game play is top notch.

Close call. But TP wins it for me :)

I loved Wind Waker, it was truly awesome. The graphics were like a breath of fresh air and still feel new, they will never ever date. I loved the dungeons and the enemies. But it was ruined for me by the lack of dungeons and the whole coean tri force hunt. I felt it was great, and a true classic. But I thin the Twilight Princess beats it, just. Although I haven't played the whole thing, I just love it.

Im giving the edge to TP, mainly for its use of the remote for projectile aiming but also for its superior dungeons, bosses, and items

Wind Waker had better music, animation and non-boss enemies, and dare i say the story, though simpler, had a few more suprises and made more sense.

Id still rather play TP, given the option

For me it whas for shure The graphics music gameplay all of that has Twilight princess it gives a dramatic feeling when you have to save Hyrule

and he looks more like a warior in TP then in Windwaker

i did not realy had the Zelda feeling in Windwaker as i did in Ocarina of time , majoras mask , and Twilight princess i hope the next zelda that they have anounced for the wii wont disapoint me like windwaker did

it whas like you where playing with someone else instead of link but it whas fun to play only the sailing i did not realy like it that much Horse riding is more fun

Has to be Twilight Princess! I really enjoyed every second of the game, whereas I never actually completed Wind Waker, just lost interest to the whole triforce hunt bollocks!

Has to be Twilight Princess! I really enjoyed every second of the game, whereas I never actually completed Wind Waker, just lost interest to the whole triforce hunt bollocks!

I recomend you finish the game. Not much left.

TP for main game.

WW for sidequests.

TP also wins in the gameplay department, being harder, deeper and much longer than Wind Waker.

I recomend you finish the game. Not much left.

Don't have it any more! Besides I've seen the end of the game, I watched my cousin complete it and used an action replay code to give me all the triforce pieces! So in a way I completed the game without having to the shitty hunt! (I have since then tried to complete it again but just lost interest)!

I loved WW and it's a very different experienve from TP, but TP is better. It's a great thing that even though Zelda has so many games, they all feel different, of course some people *cough motion 2000 cough* wish every Zelda was like OoT, but I feel differently.

I loved WW and it's a very different experienve from TP, but TP is better. It's a great thing that even though Zelda has so many games, they all feel different, of course some people *cough motion 2000 cough* wish every Zelda was like OoT, but I feel differently.

i concur my dear lad :heh:

Loved windwaker, but it was too short. TP so far has the same epicness in the "realistic" graphical style as the cell shading, and the quality and quantity of the dungeons is superb.

I prefer TP.

i concur my dear lad :heh:

Seconded. I loved Wind Wakers plot, the whole idea that it is set hundreds of years after the others and that Hyrule is completly gone, just a legend of zelda. :D It fealt like a great world which I am glad we will be seeing again in Phantom Hourglass.

But then I also loved Twilight Princess. Although Zelda games share many aspects (items, bosses, dungeons, battles) they all feel so totally different. I don't think OOT and TP feel that much the same because they have so many differences that TP feels very much like a different beast...giggle.

Both are excellent, but Wind Waker's rush-job ending relegates it below Twilight Princess for me. Twilight Princess isn't without flaws, mind.

Both are excellent, but Wind Waker's rush-job ending relegates it below Twilight Princess for me. Twilight Princess isn't without flaws, mind.

By rubbish job ending, do you mean the tri-force hunt, or the ending sequence?

I see so many people complaining about the Triforce Hunt... I think it has to be because you guys first complete all the dungeons and only then do you go to get the triforce pieces.

Me no, I picked up at least 3 triforce pieces, maybe 4, before completing all the dungeons in the game. So that made it like a sidequest between dungeons and it didn't get boring.

The impression I get from reading comments about the Zeldas, is that people play them straight to the point. That is, one dungeon after the other. That's not the way to play a Zelda, IMHO. You have to savour it. If you only want to rush to the credits... well, that's bad.

I actually found the dungeons in WW slightly better, too bad there were so few.

My all time favorite puzzle is the great hall with a lot of mirrors in earth temple, its elaborate, complicated, long, but still gives you enough to stay off gamefaqs.

And overall for both games, way to easy combat. In WW i never EVER died. In TT i died twice in the beginning when I was figuring out how to fight as wolf against shadow beasts. Fight aganst Ganondorf was just as another darknut, the hardest part is when you have to fight two darknuts at once in the castle...

Spot on. I know what I'm going to say will be unpopular... but I wish they'd remake the first NES Zelda game in 3D with Wind Waker style graphics!

Spot on. I know what I'm going to say will be unpopular... but I wish they'd remake the first NES Zelda game in 3D with Wind Waker style graphics!

Dear god yes, the second as well, that way I'd probably actually play them!

Dear god yes, the second as well, that way I'd probably actually play them!

Does that mean it's okay to dislike the nes zeldas now?

For how alive it felt, graphics and music definitly Wind Waker.

But for actual gameplay, Twilight Princess.

Agreed. I think Wind Waker is far more unique and will without a doubt stand the test of time better.