NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Maiky-NiSuTe

Samba de amigo

did some one have more info about the Samba Di Amigo rumour i heard for the Nintendo Wii? it seems that Sega is planing to get this game out on the Wii. but that is all i heared.

I hope its treu!

You got my hopes up there.

Shame on you.

It's just a rumour from a podcast ranting about Sonic.

Would it be ideal for Nintendo to buy Sega out, dry up the games being released on other competing systems and virtually guarantee this particular game will be released?

I've never played Samba De Amigo. It's often praised highly, but I doubt it'd win a console war all by itself.

I've never played Samba De Amigo. It's often praised highly, but I doubt it'd win a console war all by itself.

Lies! all lies!

GRRRR read this and thought it had been announced. ages ok when the wii was first announced I said I would love to see this come to the Wii, that drumming demo from Wii Music shows that such a thing can be possible.....

The more support, the better. Maybe theres hope after all...

Oh come on mate, it's been out just a day over a month! Don't lose hope yet!

Give it a few months and the games will be flooding in. We're getting one Nintendo made game a month! Thats better then the Gamecube already!

Anyway! Samba Di Amigo would work brilliantly! BRING IT ON! : peace:

The nunchuk might not be up for the job as a second maraca unfortunately.

Well, you could always just use 2 Wiimotes.

Nah the nunchuck can handle that shit for sure.

As far as I am aware it has the exact same motion sensor (sourced from patent serial numbers)- just no pointing device.

Games use a bolder gesture for the nunchuck because it typically has one purpose- eg. the swing in Zelda.

Yeah, the nunchuk works pretty well for the dancing games in Rayman. I'm sure it will be able to handle a maraca!

Well if the nunchuk was able and could work just was well as an input as the wiimote, then yeah I guess it would be awesome.

But if it isn't, then maybe the fear of having the need for two wiimotes for the play the game scaring consumers away might stop the product from coming any further than a second though from a Sega exec.

The only problem I see with supporting two Wiimotes is the cost factor- I expect as Nintendo orders more parts they'll be able to source them cheaper and pass on that saving to us.. it could alienate a lot of single players.

The distinct problem with using a Wiimote and nunchuck is the weight difference- I'm not sure how it is in Rayman but if you try juggling with 3 different weighted objects it's really tough to get a rhythm.

It isn't simply shake to win- and having a light wiimote potentially fucks it up if you're on a really hardcore Samba.

how about they bring out a marraca hand on?! just like the nunchuk but with buttons etc... just a motion sensor. altho would be odd using one wiimote and one marraca

how about they bring out a marraca hand on?!

I never in a million years thought i would hear someone say that.

Slightly off topic, but I've seen some scans of a Japanese mag reporting on Space Channel Wii. Not sure if it's legit or not, but kinda cool though. I'll try to find the link.

Seeing as Miyamoto was really charmed by Samba di Amigo, it wouldn't surprise me a Wii version could be in the making. I'd like more music rythm games on the Wii, like the DS has Band Brothers, Ouendan/EBA :D

Mizuguchi (Rez, Space Channel 5, Meteos) has quite a following now, there is a market for one of his mental games on each console.

He is interested in a Rez sequel but that is up to Sega, he's also interested in a new Space Channel 5 but again- Sega owns the rights.

Not that I think it will come to Wii because he's said it is his in his interests to explore with HD visuals and surround sound.

Wii has neither. For Mizuguchi control is not an evolution really- so whatever you think about him or the Wii do not get your hopes up, the games just aren't really compatible with his visions.

I reckon we'll see a trippy new IP using the controller.

Sign in to follow this