NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shoe

Wii glitches

I've added two people who I know for a fact have added me back - yet they have remained gray on my contact list for the past 2 weeks.

Mines crashed twice leaving the Mii channel. It has also refused to go into standby once so I had to take the plug out. That was the last time I used it so I don't know if it's broken or not.

Have you tried to go to the home-menu (not the channels, the home-menu) and then clicking on 'Wii Controller's? There should be a resyncing function when you have registred the controllers (synced them, so to speak).

Yeah, thats where we were synching them from, as explained in the manual for a one time synching.

Mine seems to like crashing when I reply to a message. I just replied to a freind, i pressed reply. And it crashed, nothing happened. I coudl still see the nad on screen and wave it around, no buttons could be pressed on screen.

Turning the power off did nothing on the Wii. So i took the plug out. That did the job.

Did you try the red buttons, then? you know, the SYNC ones. they are necessary for the initial syncing, I think.

Nooo, it was a one time synch that we was doing because my mate brought his 2 wiimotes over, we didn't want to synch them permanently to my console, just to be able to use them whilst he was round, if that makes sense. Check it up in the manual, the red button is only for synching it permanently to your console I believe.

It wasn't a problem or anything, we were just confused that Wiimote 3(indicated by the lights on the bottom) Wiisports had registered as player 2, it doesn't normally do that. Wiisports itself recognised it as Wiimote 3(indicated by representation of the lights on screen), but registered it as player number 2.

I still don't have a Wii, I'm waiting for a Wii 1.1 (the next batch, in a few months will some bugs corrected and features perfected), but let me just say that I hate things with operative systems and that's what's happening with Wii and all the other consoles. And computers.

I mean, you buy a TV. You get home, you plug it in and you turn it on. And that's it. The same for a DVD player, a hi-fi, a car stereo, you name it.

Now a computer.... if you want to use the most insignificant of things, you have to install a driver for it. If you want to take it off, you have to uninstall the driver and even then you may still have remains of it in the system.

Now consoles are running on OS too! It's like a nightmare. Someday, everything will have an OS and you'll have to install and update drivers for any and everything! You want to heat up your food in a micro wave but you can't cause you're missing the fucking software or that all important 876th update. Or perhaps you just want to look at the time on your wrist watch only to find out it crashed due to error 404.

Eh...

You sure no that everything has a firmware or something like it?

Even drives (cd/dvd a.s.o.) and other devices (nearly all) have it... It is nothing different with the Wii..

Difference is that the firmware can now be updated and has more features than before (e.g. accessing storage cards a.s.o.)...

P.S.: The Gamecube also had accessible firmware already...

Nooo, it was a one time synch that we was doing because my mate brought his 2 wiimotes over, we didn't want to synch them permanently to my console, just to be able to use them whilst he was round, if that makes sense. Check it up in the manual, the red button is only for synching it permanently to your console I believe.

It wasn't a problem or anything, we were just confused that Wiimote 3(indicated by the lights on the bottom) Wiisports had registered as player 2, it doesn't normally do that. Wiisports itself recognised it as Wiimote 3(indicated by representation of the lights on screen), but registered it as player number 2.

You know, if they're sinced permanently on your friends console and you can resync them 'permanently( on yours, what's the catch? You can just resinc them with your friends and still have great fun at both places :grin:.

Eh...

You sure no that everything has a firmware or something like it?

Even drives (cd/dvd a.s.o.) and other devices (nearly all) have it... It is nothing different with the Wii..

Difference is that the firmware can now be updated and has more features than before (e.g. accessing storage cards a.s.o.)...

P.S.: The Gamecube also had accessible firmware already...

I've asked my computer-nerd (and has a diploma to prove it, a real, worthy one) and it's actually Operating System. A firmware can be translated more as a 'driver'. You need the firmware to run certain things, but it's not an Operating System. On topic, though, the GameCube had the option to play the game straight away or go to the, fairly lacking, menu's. It was inupdatable and that makes it hard for developers to get everything out of the system. Thanks to this, we will see more and better things.

Well a mobil phone has a firmware too but in reality it is too an operating system (but still a firmware too because otherwise it won't work that one is connected here)... That is true... The same here with the Wii...

But it doesn't differ that much...

What you mean that is that it has too an operating system but still there is the firmware... It is not just an operating system (that's a difference and it was long ago that you had an operating system without some kind of firmware - if you call the BIOS a firmware)...

An OS (= operating system) begins normally (you could say so) with the kernel but the firmware is before it is in the hardware itself...

With the Wii both things are connected so it is at least firmware plus operating system but not just operating system. OK, there are some things that are not needed and therefore it becomes an operating system too but that's it...

Although you are right:

I would like to have at least the option to autostart games if I insert them or start the console with it...

I don't understand why I always need to go to the Disc-Channel...

This would be a nice Firmware-Update...

You know, if they're sinced permanently on your friends console and you can resync them 'permanently( on yours, what's the catch? You can just resinc them with your friends and still have great fun at both places :grin:.

I considered that, but he's a proper fanboy(we call him Nintendave), and well attached to his stuff and didn't want to permanently synch his wiimotes to my console, he's real weird like that. As I said though, they still worked and functioned fine, just the wiimotes seem to be assigned to the wrong player numbers(like the little hands on screen). Other than that one thing that one time, everything worked fine.

It kept trying n trying to connect to the Wii Shop, then I had to turn it off at the mains.

Gamecube games sometimes take ages to load up

Crashed on Mii Channel and Wiimotes wouldn't connect

Oh and theres one I forgot about,

but I think it's more of a computer problem.

When Wii is connected to WIFI in registration tool it does not say "Wii", but instead it says a mix of japanese characters with things that also look like vaginas.

Oh and theres one I forgot about,

but I think it's more of a computer problem.

When Wii is connected to WIFI in registration tool it does not say "Wii", but instead it says a mix of japanese characters with things that also look like vaginas.

Yeah, mine's like that too (though just the squares since I don't have the japanese characters installed on here)

I have noticed several glitches with my wii so far.

1. I have any experienced the wii-mote losing connection to the wii once (which was fixed by me resyncing).

2.The console has blackscreened a couple of times and seems to vary in time to when the channel will load up.

3.My biggest glitch experiences seem to have come from Zelda! One experience resulted in me having to restart the console. I had just won the first battle with a man on a bridge (man on a pig-looking animal) and a key shot out of the sky and landed in my hand but then nothing happened... no text came up saying i had got the key or anything, link just stared at the key and the game was not responding to any of the buttons i was pressing. The second and most ANOYING glitch i had with Zelda was in the 4th Dungeon (the sand one) I was in a room with bits of sinking sand and platforms and i had to pull out a chain and run across to get through a door before it closed. Now as we all know when you go into the sand link slows down in his walked, just like if he were wearing his iron boots, now the glitch kept making link walk like this really slow even if i was on proper land but it only did it in the one room. This was so frusrating because i could not continue with the game as i had to move quickly to get through before the door closed. I tried switching to the wolf but it still did it. I even turned off the console and went back on it and it did it again! I eventually got past this one room after alot of attempts of trying to work around this glitch.

Sorry for the really long message but has anyone else experienced the second Zelda one i have? It's just i thought by turning off the console it would have stopped it as a once off like the other one?

Mines crashed twice leaving the Mii channel. It has also refused to go into standby once so I had to take the plug out. That was the last time I used it so I don't know if it's broken or not.

Mine crashed when leaving the Mii channel, too.

At least, I think it crashed. The screen went black another time at a friend's house, and he just said "wait, it'll come back." and we waited for a few more seconds or so and it came back.

The next time it happened at home (the screen went black), I just left it on for a few more seconds, and it comes back. Its like its loading very slowly to register changes or something, I dunno.

So, hasn't crashed since for me. Very odd.

I thought mine froze when I was connecting to the Shop Channel but at the time I was downloading a lot of stuff so I would of had a low bandwith.

I tried it again later and waited longer and it connected fine.

Every time I post a memo on my Wii I get a black screen saying "System files are corrupted, please refer to the Wii operations Manual". My Wii is not connected to the net or anything like that so there must be some internal issues with making my own personal posts (a bit like a diary). I then have to turn the Wii off and turn it back on again. Luckily what I have posted has always saved, but it's still pretty stink. I also believe the Wii was rushed. Is competition a good thing if your competitors are trying to pressure you to put your products out before they are really ready?

Now as we all know when you go into the sand link slows down in his walked, just like if he were wearing his iron boots, now the glitch kept making link walk like this really slow even if i was on proper land but it only did it in the one room.

That isn't a glitch, if you change to wolf form and enabled your sence you'd see the reason you were moving slow, I had trouble at this bit too and thought it was a glitch also until i did as mentioned...

That isn't a glitch, if you change to wolf form and enabled your sence you'd see the reason you were moving slow, I had trouble at this bit too and thought it was a glitch also until i did as mentioned...

omg, i feel like such an idiot now! lol what was the reason for moving so slow? I spent so much time trying to work round it by rolling contantly and stuff!

omg, i feel like such an idiot now! lol what was the reason for moving so slow? I spent so much time trying to work round it by rolling contantly and stuff!

Invisible rats clinging on to you. Like those spore things in Wind Waker.

when ive been watching flash vids for too long like 3hours. it just freezes and beeps constantly :)

I've found occasionally, it won't let me turn off the system, have to literally turn it off from the power??

Sign in to follow this