NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shoe

Wii glitches

Has anyone had any so far?

My friend said his froze the first time he connected to the internet.

And for me, once I was riding Epona in Twilight princess uphill, and instead of going up I went through the hill and into some glitchy underworld.

That's a fault in the game, not one of the Wii.

I've had trouble with a third-party GameCube controller wich I bought recently (and wich is returning to the store without hesitation). When i plugged it in, my Wii's power light went down and the console had to power anymroe. verry odd thing, butn I decided to return the broken controller to store. Very odd thing to do for a console, though.

One time during playing Zelda the Wii hang... I believe it was because of WiiConect24 (because I made up an internet connection a "short" time and didn't had this before and after turning off WiiConnect24) was not able to get to the internet (I use W-LAN but only activate it on the router when I need it)... Afterwards I turned it completely off (WiiConnect24) and since that never had that problem again... Maybe this was fixed with latest firmware now... I don't know...

I personally never had any trouble playing Zelda with WiiConnect24 on. I doubt it's the fault of that - Zelda has nothing do di with WiiConnect24...

I got stuck on Zelda after trying to open a locked door from the wrong side with a certain item out [spoiler=]Ball and chain

He just put the item away, then stood staring at the door for as long as I kept the game on, unfortunately I hadn't saved in over 3 hours...

A couple times text hasn't rendered properly, and it's all bunched up, or in the wrong place, it happened a few times on the shop channel and I couldn't read properly what controllers were compatible with Bomberman or not, and had to exit the channel. It happened again when I was browsing through one time too, hasn't happened for a while now though.

Other than that, none really, except a black screen first time I tried to play a GC game.

the only problem i have had is in zelda i use to get this very annoying poping sound in the dungeon with those magnetic lifts, but when i changed the sound over to surround it seemed to fix the problem.

I personally never had any trouble playing Zelda with WiiConnect24 on. I doubt it's the fault of that - Zelda has nothing do di with WiiConnect24...

Zelda not but if Wii tries to connect in the background BUT CAN'T things look a bit diferent...

P.S.: It was nothing special I did. No it was something from the main part, if I remeber correctly even a cutscene... Next time I tried I didn't have this problem.

And since turning off WiiConnect24 I never had such a problem again... But of course, it doesn't necessarily need to be WiiConnect24 and it could have be fixed with new firmware...

yes I can't seem to finde the danish setting when writing messages in the messageboard.. so I have to type out each word.. letter by letter.. and then the stupid thing has the nerve to suggest english words in the middle af a sentence..

several times when starting a game the Wii froze in the black screen. it turned out the controlers but the green light of the console is still on. the controlers cant find the wii. this has hapened more than once and it starts to get anoing.

Will be able to start playing Wii games in depth tomorrow, after clearing an important committment. Will notify as to whether I have any glitches in Banana Blitz or Zelda.

I had a the same weird occurance twice where the Wii Remotes lost communication with the sensor bar and Wii, and thusly nothing happened. The update screen I was on required me to click OK, but since both controllers had effectively dies (or gone into some strange winter hibernation) I couldnt move on from that page. IN the end, i left the controller pointing at the TV, and came back later. Hey presto, fully functioning Wiimote.

Another glitch in the system, according to my girlfreind, is that Wii Sports is biased towards me.

My console turned off twice in the first week I had it, both times playing Zelda, but fingers crossed hasn't happened since. Has crashed a few times on the browser once when using fine tune and just made a humming sound till I unplugged.

crashed while connecting to the net on opera and once on VC connection.

Mine simply will not play games when stood upright in the stand.

So lay flat only for me!

I've had a black screen while starting a game that stayed for 30-60 secs before the game appeared... also had the remotes stop working and had to unplug the Wii and plug it back in again to make them respond. A few times in the golf game the club has gone crazy and hit the ball while I'm holding the remote still....

My Wii has lcked up a couple times now. Once when starting the internet channel for the first time (probably a one off) and twice when trying to load WiiSports....not really a problem though...could be better but at least it works.

Wii waits forever when it can't connect to the shop. The only thing you can do is turn off the console. But that's not really a glitch.

So lay flat only for me!

Really? I would contact Nintendo about that.

Mine has frozen once when going from something to the main page. I unplugged the power and it worked fine and has done ever since.

I've only had to re-sync (all) the controllers once, but other than that, it's been fine.

Synching! That reminds me, when my mates came round the other day one guy brought two wiimotes, so I had to one time synch them to the console, and we had alot of trouble with wiiimotes falling out like a few minutes after they synched, or not synching like they should.

Eventually we managed to get it working on wiisports, but the weird thing is that it made Wiimote 3 into player 2 and then wiimote 2 into player 3, which we thought was weird, and pretty damn confusing too.

So lay flat only for me!

If I was you, I'de report it and request a new one - it's not a positive thing that it doesn't work when stand up, that means there's something wrong and it's easier to break your system. Really, report it. Get a new one.

Synching! That reminds me, when my mates came round the other day one guy brought two wiimotes, so I had to one time synch them to the console, and we had alot of trouble with wiiimotes falling out like a few minutes after they synched, or not synching like they should.

Eventually we managed to get it working on wiisports, but the weird thing is that it made Wiimote 3 into player 2 and then wiimote 2 into player 3, which we thought was weird, and pretty damn confusing too.

Have you tried to go to the home-menu (not the channels, the home-menu) and then clicking on 'Wii Controller's? There should be a resyncing function when you have registred the controllers (synced them, so to speak).

Sign in to follow this