NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Shadow the Hedgehog

Being a fan of the sonic games, yes even the 3d ones, I will be getting this and was wondering who else is giving it a go. I was on Gamesradar today and they had some interesting titbits about the game.

Shadow's story apparently begins where Sonic 2 left off. Shadow crash-lands on an alien world and finds it being torn apart by two factions at war - humans vs the Black Arms aliens.

Having lost his memory, Shadow has no idea whose side to take and throughout the game the little guy struggles to discover if he's actually good or bad.

And the answer to that question is in your hands. Depending on how you play the game, you'll take the good or bad path, eventually getting one of two endings.

Shoot the aliens and Shadow gets 'good' points. With enough of these points he gets a special move - the Chaos Control energy blast - and either Sonic or one of his buddies helping him out.

However, being bad and hindering human troops has its benefits too, as you get your own special move and fighting companion in the shape of a giant octopus-like thing called Doom's Eye.

Shadow's world is certainly as adrenaline-charged as Sonic's. Levels are full of variety from Tron-style neon on-the-rails ones to gritty shooting levels set in alien ships. You even get to fly a dragon at one point.

Doing a Jak and introducing guns adds a new twist to the much-loved series. Sonic fans shouldn't be disappointed.

Sounds interesting......

im looking forward to it,and it takes off after sonic adventure 2,i cant wait for it ,it sounds great XD

I cannot wait for this game! I've been looking forward to it for a long time.

I don't mind sonic games, but i lost all intrest when he made the jump to 3d, i still like the 2d ones, like sonic advance, and i will probaly get sonic rush, i think the idea of putting a gun in was a bit lame but it could work....maybe...

I hadn't seen many gameplay movies so i decided to have a look;

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=6034&type=wmv (23mb)

The game itself looks terrible IMO; terrible empty level, graphics that are lower than Sonic Adventure 1, bad colours, guns, motorbikes, etc...

HOWEVER; the cutscenes look great!!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=7532&type=wmv

Although the style of them is a EXTREMELY wierd (they have a VERY cartoony animated look to them and the models look just like they are from a film like Wallace and Gromit!!) and they don't really fit in well with the look of the game (or series), they are very well done It's just a shame the story has to be interupted by the game!

Shadow the Hedgehog DVD would have been better IMO!

also, does anyone know how Sonic etc... are in the game if the game takes place on an Alien Planet!! and how come there are humans and police on the planet for that matter!

Sonic was originally set on a planet called Mobius (pronounced Mo-bee-us). However when SA1 came around, it was based Earth. Heroes (apparently a side story) is again set on Mobius. Adventure 1, 2 and Shadow are set on Earth.

I'm not going to get Shadow... even if Sonic is playable :(. However, Sonic franchise + guns and vehicles? No thanks.

Sonic was originally set on a planet called Mobius (pronounced Mo-bee-us). However when SA1 came around, it was based Earth. Heroes (apparently a side story) is again set on Mobius. Adventure 1, 2 and Shadow are set on Earth.

Yeah i knew about the originals being on Mobius and the Aventures on Earth; but i don't think Shadow is set on Earth, because as 'Hero-of-time' said; doesn't Shadow find himself to be on an Alien planet in his game (after using Chaos control and teleporting at the end of Sonic Adventure 2)? Also from the movies, there are alot of alien features about the game!

Well... you know, we kinda have NO idea which Shadow this is. If you remember in Heroes, there was a whole room full of Shadows. I honestly doubt it's SA2 Shadow. If it is it'll have to be set before SA2. In which case that would make no sense.

SA2 Shadow did definatly die at the end of SA2. It simply can't be him.

I honestly doubt it's SA2 Shadow. If it is it'll have to be set before SA2. In which case that would make no sense.

SA2 Shadow did definatly die at the end of SA2. It simply can't be him.

No he didn't die, he used Choas control and as a result teleport away; and with chaos control, you don't know where you'll end up!

Also the Sonic Heroes manual does claim that the Shadow in that game is the one from Sonic Adventure 2; but IMO, Sonic Heroes just makes no sense, ALL of them being back on Mobius like that; Shadow, Big the Cat etc... it's rubbish!

No he didn't die, he used Choas control and as a result teleport away; and with chaos control, you don't know where you'll end up!

Also the Sonic Heroes manual does claim that the Shadow in that game is the one from Sonic Adventure 2; but IMO, Sonic Heroes just makes no sense, ALL of them being back on Mobius like that; Shadow, Big the Cat etc... it's rubbish!

Yeah, i knew there was something familiar to the light effect when he feel into space..

Personally, there should be 3 sides to the story. Because you can either go good or evil, so that way, we wont know the ultimate truth. But im hoping that once we complete both sides to the story, we'l actualy get the true path to actualy find out what he is.

And being on Earth instead of Mobius in Sonic adventure 1 & 2 isn't rubbish? I think Sonic Team has majorly screwed up the Sonic storyline and it isn't getting any better as time goes by.

And being on Earth instead of Mobius in Sonic adventure 1 & 2 isn't rubbish? I think Sonic Team has majorly screwed up the Sonic storyline and it isn't getting any better as time goes by.

Couldn't agree more, I lost interest when it made the jump to 3D. Sonic on Earth just didn't feel right. I'm glad Mario hasn't gone down the route of basing a game in the real world yet, gets rid of the fantasy element.

And being on Earth instead of Mobius in Sonic adventure 1 & 2 isn't rubbish?

What i meant was; why would all the characters who have nothing to do with Mobius be there! Big, Shadow, Rouge, Cream, why are they there; the whole story of Heroes was rubbish and made little sense!

They should have never made the characters talk, it ruined the sort of mistique in the older Sonic games.

Even though Im a fan of the games I dont like how many characters have been introduced into the series. I think they should have left it with Sonic, Tails and Knuckles.

I think they should have left it with Sonic, Tails and Knuckles.
I completely agree!

Sonic games should be about Sonic, Tails and Knuckles and ALL the levels should be in the style of Sonic's; a race to the finish.

They got Tails' levels right in Sonic Adenture 1, because the were in the same style as Sonics.

Knuckles' levels should also be in this style except he should be racing towards an Emerald at the end of the level instead of digging for them. He could run, glide, climb, punch and dig his way through his levels.

I'd love a Sonic game like this!!

it´s a sonic game with guns (i know it´s about shadow but you get my point)

WTF were they thinking!

Even though Im a fan of the games I dont like how many characters have been introduced into the series. I think they should have left it with Sonic, Tails and Knuckles.

I dissagree there, i think they should have left all the ones you said plus shadow. Shadow rules. He's one of my favourite characters in the series. Amy rose is just a pointless character as she is too weak. yea so sonic, tails, knuckles and shadow are just the ight amount of characters. Well that's what i think.

Oh come on, are charecters realy that bad? They make stories, shadow is a great asset to this.

Bring on the game! I love the music in the trailers :)

i think shadow is great,and you see shadow using chaos control at the end,and at end of Sonic Heroes after Super Sonic shadow gets his memory back

i think shadow is great,and you see shadow using chaos control at the end,and at end of Sonic Heroes after Super Sonic shadow gets his memory back

He didnt get his memory back at all, go replay the last level, you'l notice once you finish it, the last bit you see of him he is standing with that robot with metal sonic in his robotic arms. He says nothing.

The only thing he does remember is at the end of the team dark story when rouge complains theres no jewels in the base, and shadow says 'Well nothings changed'

I don't care what bloody planet its on so long as its a good game!

I think the talk of the planets is over now, but yeah, who cares were its set? As long as its a good game, who the hell cares?

I cant wait for this game...

I think the talk of the planets is over now, but yeah, who cares were its set? As long as its a good game, who the hell cares?

I cant wait for this game...

From what's been said, it would seem quite alot of people care. People like a story line that stays on track for a series like this.

Sign in to follow this