NEurope
Bren

Legalize It!

Should it be legal?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be legal?

• Yeh (explain reasons why)
    • Nah (explain reasons why)

I don't understand why a lot of places have banned mecurochrome. It is without a doubt the best thing to heal cuts, grazes etc. Its common sense not to use extremely excessive amounts which would be practically the whole bottle in one hit to get mercury poisoning.

I don't smoke the stuff, don't really like it and so I'm gonna say no.

As far as I'm concerned if you legalise cannabis then people will just start this conversion with a different, harder drug, much like KingJoe saying heroin should be legalised!

Most acts of violence take place when the attacker is under the influence of some drug, be it alcohol or narcotics. Legalizing cannabis could mean an increase in violence related criminality.

no- it should remain illegal.

it has some medicinal properties but other than that its just another foul smelling drug that gets people high that some people become addicted to. i've got a few friends who use weed every now and then and one who was addicted to weed and ended up with some scary paranoia, voices in his head, stupid thoughts, depression etc etc

for them reasons alone it's stupid to try and argue that it should be legal-science is still finding more and more links between pot and mental health disorders so if you wanna stay sane . . .

I would say no, mainly because i feel no need for it and typically, then ones who use it are generally anti-social louts, devout practicions of being complete dicks and ruining society (which is not all that good in the first place) for other people.

Im not tarring everybody with the same brush however, as a few people i know who smoke the stuff are rleaxed and are generally sound people. Though i still notice some of the effects it has on them, aka; losing their sanity, starting fights with random people, droping out of school.

I know that may not be all down to the stuff, but it generally happens to more of these people than people who dont smoke the stuff.

Most acts of violence take place when the attacker is under the influence of some drug, be it alcohol or narcotics. Legalizing cannabis could mean an increase in violence related criminality.

If you'd ever smoked weed you'd know how stupid your comment was.

Weed does many things to a person, but increasing aggresive behaviour is not one of them, if anything it has the opposite effect.

I think its safe to say that people don't want it legalised.

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Weed does many things to a person, but increasing aggresive behaviour is not one of them, if anything it has the opposite effect.

Yeah, it's a depressant.

Alchohol makes people aggressive because it's a stimulant, contrary to popular belief.

As far as I'm concerned if you legalise cannabis then people will just start this conversion with a different, harder drug, much like KingJoe saying heroin should be legalised!

Heroin would be a LOT safer if it were legalised, in a controlled manner. Street heroin contains a lot of poisonous additives etc. which would be eradicated, taking the drug in a controlled environment also takes the risks of overdoses away, as shown in so called "shooting galleries" (in holland I think), where all the drugs-related problems in the virtually vanished. The government would also be able to help people addicted to the drug, as they would have better contact with the users, helping them to get off it, and controlling it financially. Of course though, the government is far to scared to even try any of this out.

Indeed.

And yes, it should be legalized. Wait, I live in the Netherlands, it IS legal here. I don't see what the big deal is, is Holland some sort of country with fools? Are we the scum of Europe? I don't think so. We're doing OK thank you very much so here is your proof that legalizing it is no problem whatsoever.

But hey, keep on believing the scary stories of cannabis destoying lives. All the more smelly green shiii for me I guess.

Of course if the UK (And expecially London) was the only place you could buy beer without getting arrested you'd have people coming from all over the world to get drunk and certain areas might get a reputation as a den of vice.

if that was the case, would you outlaw beer?

Although that is a weird example that is hard to think of outside of its current context, i'd have to say yes, because thats what Britain would become known for over everything else. Which has been generally the case with holland, people first think of the drugs and prostition and think of the countries history and landmarks second.

Also this ad is going silly with it, it kinda shows some of the general views of holland from the international community (narrowminded people admittedly)

http://www.heineken.com/uk/lounge/estuff/download/videos/DutchToleranceTest.wmv

And you think that's not a problem in London.

Some **** on a bike come up to me the other day asking 'got 10p' three times, to which I replied no with a more abusive name tacked on the end every time he asked, but he carried on, he only fucked off when I took a swing at him.

Haha, lets just say that all the beggers in Amsterdam are closer to being that persistent, rather than that being the exception. Dutch people probably travel on bikes to avoid them ;)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CfcRyruo91Y

This man drove. This same man then smoked a joint and drove. This man reported his driving got better.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3653114296815352489&q=penn+and+teller&hl=en

I admit this is a bit too dramatic, but it's funny nonetheless.

http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/061005_alzheimers_marijuana.html

Oh, oh... what's this? It can help stop/cure Alzheimers Disease? BAN IT IMMEDIATELY! (Same with parkinsons)

Oh yeah, anyone know the reason it's illegal? DEM BLACKIES DATS WHY!

Please note, I am neither racist or a retard.

I say legalise it, just because its illegal doesnt mean people wont do it... its easy to get and just generates more money for organised crime. The whole UK drug classification system is a total mess aswell....

i just read the most retarded thing i think i have ever heard

"But had anyone died from OD on weed" (or something like that)

YES u dumbass..... they can take to much and jump of a cliff, take to much and just literally go into a fit and die, choke on their own sick to name a few. Just becasue this doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Your basically saying legalise murder, because if it doesn't affect you then why's it matter.

before you say something...THINK! (i think SKUNK17 said it)

YES u dumbass..... they can take to much and jump of a cliff, take to much and just literally go into a fit and die, choke on their own sick to name a few. Just becasue this doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Your basically saying legalise murder, because if it doesn't affect you then why's it matter.

You don't seriously believe that, do you?

It really makes me laugh how misinformed some people are.

'Get real'? where did that come from? There's no need to be condescending just because we have different opinions. Ya berk.

Yeah I shouldn't have put that. Sorry.

But I still think that you didn't fully think through your comment.

"lol"

Please say you're being sarcastic, pwetty pwease with chewwies on top?

EDIT: I think what I meant to say was the only way of dying directly from weed is if a pound brick fell on you from a rather large height.

i just read the most retarded thing i think i have ever heard"But had anyone died from OD on weed" (or something like that)

Ditto to the bold.

Thanks for your insight, please provide a cite for when someone has smoked too much weed and jumped off a cliff.

Thanks for your insight, please provide a cite for when someone has smoked too much weed and jumped off a cliff.

It's a gazillion more times likely with alchohol, which is legal.

But alcohol has adverts on the telly with beautiful people drinking it and funny men being wkd to each other! It comes in pretty containers! Weed is a DRUG like CRACK and CYANIDE, not like alcohol which is a drink like mineral water and green tea! You know what DRUG takers do, they stare into the sun till they go blind or get sent to mental hospitals because they think they're a glass of orange juice! It happened to a friend of a friend!

Beat me to it! 100% agreed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CfcRyruo91Y

This man drove. This same man then smoked a joint and drove. This man reported his driving got better.

There's been a serious scientific study into this and it was found in all cases that people drove at least as safely when stoned as when not stoned. Reaction time was slowed but people tended to be more cautious as a result (basically, unlike alcohol, weed doesn't supress your inhibitions, ore make you fearless)

its easy to get and just generates more money for organised crime.

Yes. And disorganised crime too!

The point is- it doesn't hurt ANYONE other than the user (and it doesn't hurt them very much, if used sensibly). Adults should be trusted to make their own decisions. If I want a joint it should be MY choice, not YOURS or anybody else's. We aren't talking about making this mandatory- you don't HAVE to smoke it. But the option should be there.

To all those who's mate's have been 'addicted' to weed, there are little or no physiological withdrawl symtoms to weed, due to the extremely long time the THC stays in your blood after smoking. If someone develops a habit, then they need to sort themselves out. Any weed addiction is entirely psychological (which can seem to be physical, but it IS psychosomatic), and if an adult has such little willpower or self control then that's their fault.

Remember the Japanese gamer who died through playing constantly for days? SHould gaming (or the internet, for that matter) be banned because people can be addicted to it? I think not. There are sex-addicts out there. Let's ban that...

Those people who 'become dicks because they smoke weed' were most probably dicks anyway.

I've experienced paranoia after a suppply of extremely strong skunk was knocking around Manchester. I stopped smoking for a while, and made weaker joints when I started again.

People should be forced to take responsibilty for their own actions and making their decisions for them isn't the way to do this.

It's a gazillion more times likely with alchohol, which is legal.

No, it's not.

In 25 years of smoking weed, and mixing with like minded people, I have not once thought anything like that would be a good idea.

Hell, I've taken mountains of hallucinogenics without that entering my mind, I've taken uppers till Ive had psychosis so bad I couldn''t tell what was real or not, still didn't think I could fly.

All this crap about people thinking they can fly is just that, crap.

On the monumentally infinitesimal occasion things along those lines do happen it's not the drug that puts the idea in their head, but the people around them.

Drunk people are far more likely to fall from tall buildings, than someone stoned jump off.

Drunk people are far more likely to fall from tall buildings, than someone stoned jump off.

I think that is what Fanman was trying to say.

Could someone be stoned ? :p