Bren

Legalize It!

Should it be legal?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be legal?

• Yeh (explain reasons why)
    • Nah (explain reasons why)

Should cannabis be made legal?

Think of the good effects this would have on england.

2319plants_at_night.jpg

I'm probably being short sighted here, but whats the excitement in it all?

Jeeze, drugs just seem fucking pointless to me.

I look forward to a balanced debate with a guy called skunky17 who has a line about getting high for a sig

The excitement, well, its an escape, its fun to do. I love being able to sit around with mates, have a fat smoke.

I know i could sit and do this without them, but its just something to do, and the feeling is VERY relaxing. Think alchohol, then pretty much the opposite of it. Its just a different view of life from the normal.

I look forward to a balanced debate with a guy called skunky17 who has a line about getting high for a sig

haha, ah well. Itll be a fun debate im guessin.

Ok, whats the reason its illegal? Its also legal in some parts of the world? So whys that?

Its barely illegal here, only the dealing part is heavy hit on, but smoking it is barely seen as an act of a 'criminal'. Apparently because i buy weed, im funding terrorist organizations, when in fact, the people who grow it who i buy it off, are just funding their brand new car, or very big house.

I voted yes , primarily because I believe that with it being illegal , the need to score through dealers can often provide a link to harder drugs. I also feel that people , dependent on correct education , should be allowed to make their own decisions about whether they use or not.

Saying that though , I have been using regularly for close on 15 years now and am experiencing regular problems with confidence , depression and anxiety issues , and I can't help feeling that some of these problems have been compounded by my continued use of the stuff.

I voted yes , primarily because I believe that with it being illegal , the need to score through dealers can often provide a link to harder drugs. I also feel that people , dependent on correct education , should be allowed to make their own decisions about whether they use or not.

Saying that though , I have been using regularly for close on 15 years now and am experiencing regular problems with confidence , depression and anxiety issues , and I can't help feeling that some of these problems have been compounded by my continued use of the stuff.

true, ive many a time rang round the dealers, to hear "nah got none mate, got some pills if ya into them". Unfortunately a few of me mates have gone down this road, and now take pills each weekend.

And those effects your getting are probably from smokin it too much and for too long. But many drugs have long-term effects, that are legal.

Thus proving in some cases that starting on canabis is a slippery slope into death trap.

Should cannabis be made legal?

Think of the good effects this would have on england.

...such as?

Thus proving in some cases that starting on canabis is a slippery slope into death trap.

but you could say the same about tobacco and alchohol.

...such as?

money. Taxed weed would make a hell of a lot of money.

Would stop ROCKY/SOAPBAR woteva you want to call it, the chunk of brown shit thats often sold as "weed" but is infact a chunk of shite, with anything in it, that gives you a very slight high, its a load of wank and MANY people are buying it. Weed is a plant from the ground, not some chunk of shit with a peice of lego in it. That shit must fuck you up big time.

Tourism : think of the amount of people from all over the world that would come here if weed was legal. Thats more money for the goverment to bomb people with.

No wasted police time :

Less people getting taken to court, then getting the case thrown out, as they were only carrying a bit of weed, for personal use. Waste of police and court time. Happened to quite a few people i know, get caught with a quart, the police spend 30 mins with you writing it up, get sent to court, for it to get thrown out.

Medical uses, its used in america and canada to treat arthiritus, and has been welcomed for that usage. It relieves the pain dramatically.

Mabey if your a bean, weed is no worse than drink imo.

Drink is bad for you gut, Weed is bad for your lungs.

Both give off a buzz at the same level.

My thought anyways.

I voted yes. I'm an accountant and I smoke weed so it can't be that bad! Weed never hurt anyone and it's so much better than alcohol.

As Bill Hicks said

"I'll tell you something about drugs. I used to do drugs, but I'll tell you something honestly about drugs, honestly, and I know it's not a very popular idea, you don't hear it very often anymore, but it is the truth: I had a great time doing drugs. Sorry. Never murdered anyone, never robbed anyone, never raped anyone, never beat anyone, never lost a job, a car, a house, a wife or kids, laughed my ass off, and went about my day."

Cigarettes trigger cancer, alchohol fucks up your liver, weed can mess up your brain. But 2 of those are legal.

I voted yes.

money. Taxed weed would make a hell of a lot of money.

So would licensed murder surely?

So would licensed murder surely?

Yes it would, but thats not what we'r talking about is it. And that would result in death.

Has their ever been a death from OD on weed? thought not.

I think the way it is now is ok. Its easy enough to get and unless your an idiot or unlucky or into it big time you wwont get caught. I think legalistation is validation that it is ok. And I think this sends out the wrong message. Drink causes a lot of problems but is part of mainstream culture and also with drinks people dont always drink them to get drunk. Like wine for example wheras with weed you are always smoking or eating it to get 'baked'.

So yeh keep it illegal I say.

I smoke the stuff occasionally, but voted no. Legalising it will just bring up people questioning whether other drugs should have the same treatment.

Tbh, why should it be legalised? Considering how easy it is to get hold of the stuff, and such current minimal punishments that go along with possessing the substance, which is pretty much none, then I can't see why it should happen.

Not needed for a better quality of life. Its not as if it adds 50 years to your life. It just damages your internal organs and nervous system.

I'm probably being short sighted here, but whats the excitement in it all?

Jeeze, drugs just seem fucking pointless to me.

Have you tried it?

Addictive drugs are idiotic, I don't smoke and would never try anything dangerous... but whenever I've tried cannabis it's just been a great and funny time. Lots of great memories stemming from it, reminds me of school and early college, and the guys and girls I hung out with at that time - years I enjoyed a lot!

This is a narrow outlook, but I think that if it was legal, it would take away some of the fun.

I smoke the stuff occasionally, but voted no. Legalising it will just bring up people questioning whether other drugs should have the same treatment.

Tbh, why should it be legalised? Considering how easy it is to get hold of the stuff, and such current minimal punishments that go along with possessing the substance, which is pretty much none, then I can't see why it should happen.

I want it legalized so i can sit in a cafe with my mates having a chill, instead of having to smoke it hiding. And so i can get good quality weed, most the shit floatin round britan is poor.

I say no. I say no to getting drunk and smoking. If someone asks me if I smoke I answer 'Why should I pay for pack of poison?' I don't drink either because I'm a minor. But I believe that alcohol in small amounts isn't a bad thing. So why do I say no to any kind of drugs? Because I believe they can mess up your life.

This is a narrow outlook, but I think that if it was legal, it would take away some of the fun.

Someone once said that in order to make people eat more fish is to make it illegal.

I want it legalized so i can sit in a cafe with my mates having a chill, instead of having to smoke it hiding. And so i can get good quality weed, most the shit floatin round britan is poor.

Whaddya do? Smoke it in your specially built underground weed shelter in the middle of a forest somewhere? :laughing:

I presume by hiding, you mean your house. Why not smoke it outside? It looks just like a rolled cigarette and no-one could tell the difference if they saw you.

Hell I've smelled pot walking down the street, in a hairdressers, in certain pubs even in a lecture hall.