NEurope
david.dakota

BWii: Batallion Wars 2

Just don't try to take the British using boats, it didn't pan out too well the last time you tried that one lol

deathstar.jpg

Hmmm... Methinks that the British are gonna have a bit of a hard time this time :heh:

objebwiict.JPG

Ooh, pretty...:heh:

That little blue logo in the top left makes it all the prettier. :yay::awesome:

Does anyone know if it will have random matches?

Probably just the Assault mode (i.e. Quick Battle). Skirmish and Co-op will probably be Friends Only.

Dammit! The Wii is making me itchy now! So many good games on the horizon and all i have is waiting, made even worse by lack of release dates for most of these games.

Seems most of these are just about gonna make xmas over here, which is an expensive enough time of year for me anyway!

That is an awesome cover. God I can't wait for this game!! I think Novemeber in Europe, can't think why I think that though

Not long I should think. August last I heared. If they've got the cover design I can't imagine it would be much later then that. Kuju's a UK dev and I can't imagine it's particulary text heavy or anything.

When are we getting this in Europe? Anyideas?

Hopefully September. The last one only took 3 days to get to use.

Hopefully September. The last one only took 3 days to get to use.

Err... No it didn't it took 3 months to get to Europe (US: Sept, EU: Dec), in fact the Japanese got it before we did.

Hopefully we'll get this by late October, Early November if we're lucky.

Metroid Prime will probably come out in October actually, so it can avoid Halo 3.

I can really seeing this getting lost over here in Europe. If we get Mario Galaxy, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Smash Bros and Metroid in between Oct-Dec ( which looks very likley ) then this will probably end up like the first Battalion Wars, amazing game that didnt get the sales it deserved.

Was that list that NoE gave out the other week final? If so then we wont be seeing this until at least October.

I can really seeing this getting lost over here in Europe. If we get Mario Galaxy, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Smash Bros and Metroid in between Oct-Dec ( which looks very likley ) then this will probably end up like the first Battalion Wars, amazing game that didnt get the sales it deserved.

Was that list that NoE gave out the other week final? If so then we wont be seeing this until at least October.

I'm worried about this one getting lost. It really is shaping up to be a AAA title, and to have it squeezed out of the lime-light due to an overpacked release schedule would be a major shame.

Nope, wasn't final.

Is there ever a final list?

WARNING - DISCLAIMER: All of everything in the industry is subject to change!

Oh god, what have I done?

I've started playing Battalion Wars again, and now I'm really, really over excited about this!

I'm actually flapping my hands around in excitement! :yay:

It's coming out on the same day as Halo 3 in America :P.

I still think it'll fair pretty well though. The game does have an appeal to the younger market who probably don't have Xbox 360's, and that is alot of sales. On top of that you have the fact Nintendo will give the game a good marketing campaign what with it being the run up to Christmas.

I think Nintendo will be able to space out the releases very well (one of the Big 3 will be out early 2008), and the game should fair okay. It's one of those games Nintendo don't need to put alot of reliance on anyway, so if it doesn't meet sales estimates they would probably have been ready to accept that.

Oh god, what have I done?

I've started playing Battalion Wars again, and now I'm really, really over excited about this!

I'm actually flapping my hands around in excitement! :yay:

Jolly good. Since you're playing it again, couldn't dive into the Game Help board and give a few tips could ya?

Did I hear many eons ago that this coming with online co-op or was it all just some lovely dream?

Did I hear many eons ago that this coming with online co-op or was it all just some lovely dream?

Online co-op, and assault and skirmish mode. All are up to 2v2, I believe...

Online co-op, and assault and skirmish mode. All are up to 2v2, I believe...

Unfortunately, It's unknown if it's like Mario Strikers 2v2.

Unfortunately, It's unknown if it's like Mario Strikers 2v2.

Enlighten me, I have yet to play the Wii's first online game in the UK...

(In English that's roughly translated as: "Eh? What you on about?")

Enlighten me, I have yet to play the Wii's first online game in the UK...

(In English that's roughly translated as: "Eh? What you on about?")

Mario Stikers only links a maximum of 2 consoles in online.

For 2v2, it's 2 people from both consoles playing.

Mario Stikers only links a maximum of 2 consoles in online.

For 2v2, it's 2 people from both consoles playing.

Hmm...I hope they do it Gears of War/Halo 2/pretty much every XBl game style, and have it so you can play online, or splitscreen, or both at the same time, so you can properly co-operate as you can talk.

Also, although it's already been discussed, closer to it's release, I'll help arrange a tournament/war layout. It would be interesting to have something other than either a basic knock-out system. A points system (as seen in the PES6 tournament) would be fun, but maybe a little complex to keep track of with teams.

Maybe you have more than two people per team, and play with whoever can from that team.

I'm going to take this opportunity to announce the first team to enter is the GLA.

I suggest everyone else just surrenders right now... :wink:

Brilliant screen shots there Retro_Link, the game looks fantastic and the HUD definately looks well set out (which will be important in extreme online matches). I'm really hyped for this but I really have to buy the first one before-hand.

Huzzah! Navel tatics at last! I hope we get some hands on or a new trailer or something soon.