NEurope
david.dakota

BWii: Batallion Wars 2

how is online co-op gonna work if you havent got a headset to be able to tell each other what to do?

So if there's any Americans on here! Is this game offline co-op? :)

I just wanna make 100% sure.

I get never get over how underhyped some games really are.:(

Exactly, I can't believe this is out sooo soon and no one even knows!

So if there's any Americans on here! Is this game offline co-op? :)

I just wanna make 100% sure.

Co-op offline and on. It works through LAN (wireless I'm pretty sure).

I heard ages ago it was off and on with LAN because I was particularly excited about that. BUT I am positive (though cant remember where) that I read somewhere multiplayer is online ONLY!! Which would be balls. Theyve truly cocked up the potential for this game.

Why arent you listening to us nintendo! WHY!!!!!?

I heard ages ago it was off and on with LAN because I was particularly excited about that. BUT I am positive (though cant remember where) that I read somewhere multiplayer is online ONLY!! Which would be balls. Theyve truly cocked up the potential for this game.

Why arent you listening to us nintendo! WHY!!!!!?

Not sure about LAN, but looking on the offical website if shows an icon in the bottom right showing two Wii Remotes, so it looks like it'll have some form of split screen action.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/831/831847p1.html

The IGN review is up, it got a good 8.0 but I actually found the review to be lacking. It was a two pager and didn't really ive enough info for me.

Sounds like the lack of voice chat, and some of the Wii-mote controls let it down, most notably the jumping.

That, and Matt's impression that the game delivers "too much of the same without being revolutionary when compared to the original."

Seeing as I've never played the original (because it lacked multiplayer), this is looking to be one hell of a high-value purchase ^^

As always, though, I hate it when reviewers pick on shortcomings instead of praise inclusions. For instance, here, the fact that the game includes multiplayer AND online, is overlooked because the campaign isn't online co-op. Suck my balls. Be happy.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/831/831847p1.html

The IGN review is up, it got a good 8.0 but I actually found the review to be lacking. It was a two pager and didn't really ive enough info for me.

Sounds like the lack of voice chat, and some of the Wii-mote controls let it down, most notably the jumping.

Yeah...it's seems weird to have to use the D-Pad instead of pointing etc...

I don't think it would be very easy to point at a batallion in a huge 3D battlefield. You'd have to look for them, have them in your camera, be near them, yadda yadda.

got this saturday, really fun game, controls are nice, graphics look excellent,

online seems to be a mixture zones, battle co op, ill post more thoughts later

I heard this sold half as much as Zack and Wiki did in week 1 during it's first week.

Hmm it'd be nice if someone out there had a source for that!

The games really good....BUT there isn't offline co-op like i and many others thought. :(

Thats a damn shame, other then that. I'm liking it so far!

Controls are VERY easy to get to grips with, in my opinion.

I heard this sold half as much as Zack and Wiki did in week 1 during it's first week.

Hmm it'd be nice if someone out there had a source for that!

They both sold about the same first week, which is just under 30k.

Bwii has seemingly flopped, which I guess is the price Nintendo pay for not advertising this game at all.

Does this game finally has some RTS-like controls or not? I haven't played much of the first one yet, but I didn't like it very much.. Controlling other units was too cumbersome for me, so to me this felt almost like a pure 3rd person shooter.. And I don't like 3rd person shooters.

If this one controls similarly to the previous one, only with wiimote controls, then I think I'll pass on this one (which won't be that much of a problem I think, with all the games coming out first quarter next year..). I must say, it does look gorgeous on the screens.

Hasn't this been known for a while now? Dunno if i'll bother getting it, if it had Voice Chat I would.

I will be picking it up as I adored the first game. I can seeing this being just like the first game in that it will get released with no advertising and only a few will pick it up. Prove me wrong people!

Defintley still picking this up. Looking forward to teaming up with a few of you's for some online play :)

If I see an advert, I shall be shocked. America got zero media or press coverage if I remember correctly.

with how many players can you play this online?

Just 2 player co-op methinks.

Hasn't this gotten pretty poor reviews overall? I lost interest in it shortly after the US release.

I will pick it up too. Looking forward to play online with you. Hopefully there will be more than one person that buys this one. I'm sure I was the only one in Europe that bought PBR.

I'm too poor to pick it up when it 1st comes out...The next game I'll probably be getting is Smash Bros.

i'm still looking forward to this game, even with the critisms its recieved. Bit concerned about the controls though - what exactly are they?