NEurope
david.dakota

BWii: Batallion Wars 2

It is, yes! :)

And in Europe on the 28th of December, three days after Christmas. But I expect a delay until the new year.

And in Europe on the 28th of December, three days after Christmas. But I expect a delay until the new year.

Yeah i believe it's out end of Jan/Feb. :)

I think it has

- Split screen co-op / multiplayer

- LAN co-op / multiplayer

- Online co-op / multiplayer

Cool! Thanks! Must-buy for me then! :yay:

What would be awesome is if someone hired a hall or even just a conference room somewhere and set up several Wii's and held a large LAN tournament for the users of N-EUROPE in the UK. It would be quite cool and it would make a geat feature for the site.

Hiring a room wouldn't cost much, and I'd be willing to chip in.

Sorry if this is a bit wild, but I've been watching X-League TV and wouldn't mind actually competing.

Hiring a room would be cool and all but some people will find it hard to get there like me :(

But a big BWii and Brawl fest would be cool.

I don't think I can count how many times I've seen people try to arrange meet ups on these boards. I'd really like one to work but they never happen unfortuntly. If you want to try i'll give you my full support though.

I'm all for meet ups aswell but they always end up falling through. Sucks though cause it would be fun to do it. I thought that Alton Towers one I think it was was gonna happen but after a while it never got mentioned again.

Heres the official trailer : BW2

and loads of stuff here too : Gamespy Vids

I want this game!

I looks very very good. I can't get over how much is going on and how clear and sharp the graphics are. Online and Lan will be amazing.

As for the meet up, it'll probably never happen due to ages of some on the board and their lack of transport. But hey, we can always have an online tournament.

looks awesome! But one thing IT NEEDS A HEADSET! Really wish they would either bring one out or allow bluetooth sets to be compatible when playing with friends...

IGN's Online multiplayer hands-on impressions...

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/827/827436p1.html

As gamers who loved and highly recommended the original Battalion Wars, we can safely state that Nintendo's multiplayer mode does the franchise little justice, as you're forced to engage in a last-man-standing battle with your Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection opponent -- usually a war devoid of strategy.

Very odd indeed that they refused to show really anything fo the game when it's due for release in two weeks in the states. VERY odd indeed, the kind of news that leads me to believe we might see this one slip until next year.

The previe was rather disappointing tbh. Especially for a game that i'm looking forward too so very much. The Wii controls didn't sound too hot either.

Although a headset might be nice, I still can't help but consider that most, if not all the most enjoyable games I've played on Xbox Live, are often played in polite silence.

Very odd indeed that they refused to show really anything fo the game when it's due for release in two weeks in the states. VERY odd indeed, the kind of news that leads me to believe we might see this one slip until next year.

The previe was rather disappointing tbh. Especially for a game that i'm looking forward too so very much. The Wii controls didn't sound too hot either.

I agree but aslong as it still has the fun and charm of the 1st game then im sold. The online side of things im not to bothered about aslong as the single player is solid enough.

As gamers who loved and highly recommended the original Battalion Wars, we can safely state that Nintendo's multiplayer mode does the franchise little justice, as you're forced to engage in a last-man-standing battle with your Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection opponent -- usually a war devoid of strategy.

Isn't that pretty much the same with every RTS when you first start playing it?

I am so looking forward to this. I am feeling quite lucky, two of my biggest wishes for the Wii was a Battalion Wars sequel and a sequel or another platforming game from the team that made Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. In a few weeks I will play both!

And I think they will be able to pull of multiplayer, from IGNs impressions (which I usually take with a grain of salt) it seems like it might be them just trying out this demo, nothing says how the real thing will play.

I am so looking forward to this. I am feeling quite lucky, two of my biggest wishes for the Wii was a Battalion Wars sequel and a sequel or another platforming game from the team that made Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. In a few weeks I will play both!

And I think they will be able to pull of multiplayer, from IGNs impressions (which I usually take with a grain of salt) it seems like it might be them just trying out this demo, nothing says how the real thing will play.

I'm really looking forward to the game, it's just one of those that I am worried about the controls, I would like to play it with the GC controller. I wasn't impressed at all with what they said about the controls, and although I like motion controls, I'll best honest they don;t suit every game.

I would like to play it with the GC controller.

Why? The controls were one of the worst things about the original...

Although a headset might be nice, I still can't help but consider that most, if not all the most enjoyable games I've played on Xbox Live, are often played in polite silence.

The only reason for that's two types of dumbasses:

1) "Shut the fuck up dickweed, start killing more or I'll have you fucking banned you damn faggot"

2) German/french kids who think like they did during WWII, meaning that they are the top of the world, and therefor everyone on an english/swedish server has to understand their stupid screams.

is this out in December? did not know that awesome i thought it was April :P

ill buy it for shure :D a must have online game for me