NEurope
david.dakota

BWii: Batallion Wars 2

This game is going to be really, really good, especially with the online and all, and by the way, it does have LAN according to an interview in the ONM issue with it on the cover.

I don't really think this would suit split screen very much either.

2 vs 2 online would still be great in my eyes but I doubt this will be VOIP though.Shame because it's fun to here people moan when you beat them,even if it's only VOIP with friends i'll still be happy.

i was worried about teh fact that it is onlt 4 player but I think that is not really too much of a dissadvantage because , trying to last the game with out one of the four players quitting half way through will be hard enough, but if there were 8 or 16 it would be imposssible!!

I don't think they would do an online co-op - maybe jsut split screen or LAN co-op, but an online versus, maybe two on two as the max, will turn this from a good game to a classic must-buy.

Online modes:

* Assault: Instant Combat

* Skirmish: Tactical depth

* Co-op: Work with friends

I'm sure those were confirmed back at Leipzeg if I remember correctly, now that I think about it.

This game is going to be really, really good, especially with the online and all, and by the way, it does have LAN according to an interview in the ONM issue with it on the cover.

Excellent. Hopefully summertime (or whenever) Wii-LAN parties will be on the agenda.

Excellent. Hopefully summertime (or whenever) Wii-LAN parties will be on the agenda.

Good times are ahead I think :)

IGN Preview

While we didn't get a chance to check out the multiplayer mode today, we did see that two Wii consoles were connected via wireless LAN to allow for two player games without split screen. Given this setup, we hope that the final version of Battalion Wars 2 will support online play, although no one at Nintendo could confirm that this was the plan.

That's a bit worrying, but since it was posted on the day it was revealed I think they may have got their facts wrong.

Yea I think it's wrong cause didn't Nintendo confirm it was online in the first place.

Sweet LAN is confirmed,wonder what the radius will be,i'm hoping it'll be a fair size since it's a home console.

I'm wondering how online co-op's gonna work if there isn't a headset.

Even still, I loved the original, and am really looking forward to this one.

I don't think anything has been confirmed yet with regards to headsets or VOIP in games. It's all purely speculation at the moment, I think.

Some DS games used VOIP online, and I think there's a headset or two available, as well as the built in mic in the DS. I see no reason why Nintendo wouldn't do the same with the Wii (to allow chatting in lobby's via a headset, for example.)

I thought they were bringing out a headset for teh Wii.

They're gonna need to if Co-Op's gonna be worth a damn... otherwise it just couldn't possibly be as workable with pre-defined text prompts (one alternative) or a keyboard input to make custom text prompts (second alternative).

They're gonna need to if Co-Op's gonna be worth a damn... otherwise it just couldn't possibly be as workable with pre-defined text prompts (one alternative) or a keyboard input to make custom text prompts (second alternative).

I think we'll end up seeing a headset, as it is an easy solution to keeping in contact with your team-mates. Unless they have some kind of onscreen keyboard like we saw in Animal Crossing: wild world. That could possibly work too, but it won't be as friendly as a headset.

If they dont release a head set the 360 will own it at online. Voice chat MAKES online play....On consoles. IMHO.

yeah I said in a thread ages ago (may have been this one or an online one) that need to have a headset, even if they just make it compatible with any bluetooth headset, or get a mobile company to create a Wii compatible one. Without voice chat this game could seriously suck, voice chat just adds a whole new level to team dynamics, as users of xbox live will say till their blue in the face.

Even if they let you use your DS mic, you could just have it set next next to you, whilst far from ideal, it's better than nothing.

yeah I said in a thread ages ago (may have been this one or an online one) that need to have a headset, even if they just make it compatible with any bluetooth headset, or get a mobile company to create a Wii compatible one. Without voice chat this game could seriously suck, voice chat just adds a whole new level to team dynamics, as users of xbox live will say till their blue in the face.
Yeah, ideally it'd be a Wiimote expansion that allows for stuff like the Nunchuck to still be attached. The other option would be a USB headset which would make the wireless Wiimote pointless.

We definetely need one.

Yeah, ideally it'd be a Wiimote expansion that allows for stuff like the Nunchuck to still be attached. The other option would be a USB headset which would make the wireless Wiimote pointless.

We definetely need one.

yeah could have one plug into the wiimote, and then it has liked a block with another wiimote socket allowing the nunchuk to still be used.

Personally though would prefer bluetooth one as I don't want it plugged into the wiimote, sucking up more battery power, however little it is.