NEurope
Charlie

Mac Thread

I want aperture *blushes*

If you at least wanted Photoshop Lightroom, but a straight jump to aperture? Ah, it's because the big Appl developed it, not? Get Lightroom, it's nicer and compatible with all CS3 applications, wich is all a man needs.

If you at least wanted Photoshop Lightroom, but a straight jump to aperture? Ah, it's because the big Appl developed it, not? Get Lightroom, it's nicer and compatible with all CS3 applications, wich is all a man needs.

Yeah, i'm going to download the CS 3 GIANT today, got lightroom last night. The reason behind wanting aperture, a few nice little touches and the way it perfectly fits into iLife and the UI is very similar too. Since i can't find a 'cheap' copy anywhere i may get used to CS 3 et al before i get my new camera in september (my present to myself for surviving a year at uni).

Yeah, i'm going to download the CS 3 GIANT today, got lightroom last night. The reason behind wanting aperture, a few nice little touches and the way it perfectly fits into iLife and the UI is very similar too. Since i can't find a 'cheap' copy anywhere i may get used to CS 3 et al before i get my new camera in september (my present to myself for surviving a year at uni).

did you buy it and download it or download it illegally (sorry it just kinda sounds like that the way you worded it)

what suite did you get anyway

Does anyone have SimCity 4 for the mac? Tell me if on your version, when you move around do the road lights and some of the cars and shadows disappear? :S

I can't believe they've locked the Mac vs. PC thread. I enjoyed reading some of the arguments in there, it was hilarious :(

maybe someone can help me out on this: is leopard gonna be a free update for people who already own 10.4? or do i have to buy it?

maybe someone can help me out on this: is leopard gonna be a free update for people who already own 10.4? or do i have to buy it?

It's a paid upgrade, but I think they do this thing where if you buy a Mac after a certain date, you get it free when it comes out.

Yeah, i think that free upgrade thing will work, but it won't be back dated all the way to now. Does it take Apple while to incorporate leopard as standard into its new macs?

Leopard is probably going to cost about £80 or £50 for students.

Yeah, i think that free upgrade thing will work, but it won't be back dated all the way to now. Does it take Apple while to incorporate leopard as standard into its new macs?

Leopard is probably going to cost about £80 or £50 for students.

actually that should be the actually price.

if your just upgrading from 10.4 you pay the same price.

since osx is supposed to be run only on a mac if your buying the new version you technically have to be upgrading since macs come with the os.

sometimes you get the new os disk in the box and the mac only has the old os installed on it.

tomorrow after my final exam I'm gona watch the keynote

My iWeb isn't working :cry:

I click on it, it loads up, i try and click on anything after it's loaded and it beachballs and freezes . . . ideas? Would a fresh install of iLife off the discs i got with my mac delete the content thats in iWeb atm?

My iWeb isn't working :cry:

I click on it, it loads up, i try and click on anything after it's loaded and it beachballs and freezes . . . ideas? Would a fresh install of iLife off the discs i got with my mac delete the content thats in iWeb atm?

Clean up your system. There's something with logs of programs... I had the same problem with Dreamweaver once. But don't ask me the details. Just restart your mac and see if that works. Else I'de go and reinstall the software that came with your mac.

O-oh, macs aren't immune to problems.

Clean up your system. There's something with logs of programs... I had the same problem with Dreamweaver once. But don't ask me the details. Just restart your mac and see if that works. Else I'de go and reinstall the software that came with your mac.

lol, got it working, it was just me being impatient i think since i had 3 big photos and lots of text on the last page i used that it loaded up first.

how do you clean up your mac? i know restarting helps clear out some memory things but thats about it . . .

lol, got it working, it was just me being impatient i think since i had 3 big photos and lots of text on the last page i used that it loaded up first.

how do you clean up your mac? i know restarting helps clear out some memory things but thats about it . . .

You have to restore the system every once in a while (repair permissions, that is, you find it in your Disk Mounter Ulitility in your additional software). I would also try to find OS X optimizer, wich does everything you need.

On the other hand, you'll survive for a load of years without if you're lucky. But I wasn't that lucky.

The mod who locked the Windows vs Mac topic thought he had grown a pair of balls by locking the topic... surely it's cowardly to stop people having a heated debate about the issues of both? No one was throwing any racist or harsh abuse towards other members, yet the mod goes down the censorship route?

I say grow a pair of balls and realise that discussions like that are going to get heated.

God sake it's not like we were talking about TP vs OOT or Rugby v Football or anything ;-)

Maybe you didn't read the post in question: it did state that the situation with the thread being brought up in other threads wouldn't help the situation so just do what I did, PM.

Anyway; does anyone know if there will be any improvements to Front Row in the new OS?

Maybe you didn't read the post in question: it did state that the situation with the thread being brought up in other threads wouldn't help the situation so just do what I did, PM.

Anyway; does anyone know if there will be any improvements to Front Row in the new OS?

Yes there is, it's basically Apple TV without the Apple TV. There is some stuff on the website about it but i think it may just be the look that has been changed a bit.

Ah I didn't really look on their website after the keynote... there are some cool new features he didn't talk about. I think Front Row looks a lot better but I'm mostly hoping that it will load those previews (when you browse your movies) quicker on the new version.

no-one ever said they weren't immune to problems (just viruses ect.)

my power book has this strange problem where if you put it to sleep there's a 50% chance of the os crashing (as a result i don't put it to sleep very often, though thats also partially because of retrospect not running while its asleep).

no-one ever said they weren't immune to problems (just viruses ect.)

my power book has this strange problem where if you put it to sleep there's a 50% chance of the os crashing (as a result i don't put it to sleep very often, though thats also partially because of retrospect not running while its asleep).

I've had the same problems: Sometimes he just doesn't jump out of standby (by no means - he doesn't even jump out if you start hacking on the keyboard). And my link referred to my hate-love relationship with Takeo, making another point that macs aren't perfect :wink:. It's sorta an injoke (I think).

And yes, Motion2000, I find the censorship outraggious. There was nothing wrong with the thread except for a few hassles here and there. But the police doesn't break up a group of people when they're having an heated discussion, now do they? And the treat to close down the Mac-thread as wel was just stupid. I'm sorry, if that's politics around here, things apparantly have changed. For the worst.

There is no freedom of speech on this forum, and why should there be? The people that own this place can do whatever they want and it doesn't have to be fair, its their bandwidth and they can do whatever they like. They can ban you with no reason if they want. It's their site, it doesn't belong to the people.

I'm stuck with this error: http://lowermemoryslot.editkid.com/

so my powerbook gives me a lot of problems; it never tells me anymore when my batterie is running low, resulting in a lot of shut downs. I have 2gig of memory but only 1 works,...

Your mac should jump on standby when the battery is out - so nothing will be lost of your data. But yes, sometimes it doesn't tell me either. And about that RAM - get it replaced by apple, then.

About freedom of speech: welcome to what made the roman empire fall: dictation.