NEurope
Charlie

Mac Thread

can i have the pciture? *blush* its pretty!!!!

also, what mac do you have Ryan?

Brightspark. I have a Mac Mini, lower spec of the two.

Brightspark. I have a Mac Mini, lower spec of the two.

noice! and thank you! my mom should be having one of them sooooon.

Only had it two days but I'd recommend it, personally.

Post your desktop!

Only had it two days but I'd recommend it, personally.

Post your desktop!

mine's now like yours :$ was the default blue one though with the default apps in the task bar + WoW + msn

Does anyone know how to re-arrange the icons on the top right? Because my blue tooth is in between my clock and Spotlight. Looks stupid.

Does anyone know how to re-arrange the icons on the top right? Because my blue tooth is in between my clock and Spotlight. Looks stupid.

Hold the Apple key and drag it. Just tried it myself after I read your post.

I love the way that i can just hotkey inbetween japanese and roman keys :D loves the mac :D

You can? How?

go to international on the system preferences, turn japanese hiragana, katakana and kanji palette on, then you just move 日本語 to below English, exit and on the top right where theres the union flag, you can select romaji, do it then you just press CTRL shift j to go to hiragana, k to katakana and ; to go back to english. much easier than on XP.

about how long would it take to download 2-3 gig(adobe cs3 design premium) on a core 2 duo mac book pro with a bussiness class (super fast) internet connection.

Dudes... If you want proof that Mac's are better than PC's take a look at this...

Open Windows calculator and type in: 2-5+10*20

You'll get the (wrong) answer: 140

Do the same on a Mac and you get the correct answer, 197. :heh:

Dudes... If you want proof that Mac's are better than PC's take a look at this...

on windows xp sp2 i get the right answer of 197. my mac mini approves it.

i take it PCs follow the BoDMAS system then lol

I probably could've posted this in a new thread, but oh well. I got some "problems" with my MacBook.

First of all, I got two cracks in the inside casing, on the palmrest part of the keyboard. One small on in the left corner (not that big of a problem) and one pretty big one on the bottom right edge. Is there anything I can do about it, and will this be covered by warranty if I have to get it fixed?

Other problem. I don't know what the normal battery life is, but mine seems to be pretty bad, especially when compared to other people's. I've had this laptop for about 8 months (if even that), and the most I can get out of my battery is 3 hours max, while only having Word open (sometimes with internet) and the screen setting on the lowest brightness. Other people seem to be able to get more than 4 hours out of their laptop (and they've had it as long as me). What should the normal battery life be and is there a way to optimize my battery life? I could really use it, cause I need my laptop for my lectures, which last 4 hours (and no power outlet around).

on windows xp sp2 i get the right answer of 197. my mac mini approves it.

Meh, my sources must have been wrong then. I'm sure someone said in that thread the Windows calculator gave 140. Maybe it's different if you're on scientific mode or not.

Meh, my sources must have been wrong then. I'm sure someone said in that thread the Windows calculator gave 140. Maybe it's different if you're on scientific mode or not.

Windows Scientific = right

Windows Standard = wrong

I probably could've posted this in a new thread, but oh well. I got some "problems" with my MacBook.

First of all, I got two cracks in the inside casing, on the palmrest part of the keyboard. One small on in the left corner (not that big of a problem) and one pretty big one on the bottom right edge. Is there anything I can do about it, and will this be covered by warranty if I have to get it fixed?

Other problem. I don't know what the normal battery life is, but mine seems to be pretty bad, especially when compared to other people's. I've had this laptop for about 8 months (if even that), and the most I can get out of my battery is 3 hours max, while only having Word open (sometimes with internet) and the screen setting on the lowest brightness. Other people seem to be able to get more than 4 hours out of their laptop (and they've had it as long as me). What should the normal battery life be and is there a way to optimize my battery life? I could really use it, cause I need my laptop for my lectures, which last 4 hours (and no power outlet around).

Usually laptop batteries last around 3 hours. My Macbook lasts for about 3 hours at the moment. Have you got bluetooth and wireless disabled? Try that to see if it lasts longer. If you're desperate then you might have to buy a spare battery for about £80.

Just to add to that, have you changed the power settings? I think there is an option of 'better battery life' or something.

Usually laptop batteries last around 3 hours. My Macbook lasts for about 3 hours at the moment. Have you got bluetooth and wireless disabled? Try that to see if it lasts longer. If you're desperate then you might have to buy a spare battery for about £80.

Just to add to that, have you changed the power settings? I think there is an option of 'better battery life' or something.

The power settings are set to 'better battery life' and bluetooth is disabled. Wireless I'd need for my internet though, so won't disable that.

I'm just wondering about it cause of how much better the battery life is on other people's MacBooks in school. =/

Eenuh , you may want to give this article a quick read as it may be relevant depending on when you purchased your MacBook.

http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/04/27/battery/index.php?lsrc=mwrss

Hmmm, interesting. I'm not sure I can go hand in my battery (I get some of those problems they list on the Apple site from time to time, but not always), but I installed the battery update and it seems to have helped a tiny bit. I guess the real test will be in school on Friday.

Thanks though for the link. =D

Apple themselves say you should get 3.5 hours battery life with wifi enabled.

Apple themselves say you should get 3.5 hours battery life with wifi enabled.

Apple officialy states six, but these numbers are when you shut down your screen, wifi, bluetooth and only play music with the only program running iTunes. Don't believe the official stuff too much, it's PR eventually. My iBook (after two years and 1000-s of reloads) still lasts a good hour without music on. Leave iTunes olf, and you can last much longer - no, really.