NEurope
Dyson

Canned Laughter...Ugh!

Lmao! Oh dear, sorry about that. Rest assured, it's in my head too!

..I was gonna try to explain it as da da da-le-da-da da-da da-da da da.. but I think you hit it right on the head.. right on it!

It would be pretty sweet if you could turn off the canned laughter in DVDs. I do think it would be a bit empty without it. I can't imagine watching Friends without canned laughter.

It would be pretty sweet if you could turn off the canned laughter in DVDs. I do think it would be a bit empty without it. I can't imagine watching Friends without canned laughter.

I can't imagine watching friends without thinking 'I've seen this 4000 times before.. and it wasn't funny the third time' (kinda funny the first, snigger at the second)

..I was gonna try to explain it as da da da-le-da-da da-da da-da da da.. but I think you hit it right on the head.. right on it!

I've been looking for mp3 files of those since I mentioned it just to make sure I got it right but I can't find any. I'll see if I can dig up one on Youtube with the music I mean.

I've been looking for mp3 files of those since I mentioned it just to make sure I got it right but I can't find any. I'll see if I can dig up one on Youtube with the music I mean.

..I was gonna.. and then I thought: Do I REALLY wanna put myself through that.. really..

I was hoping that my version would help provide clarity that we were thinking of the same one.. you clearly have other ideas..

..but if you do find it, I will listen..

I can't find any. Aid me in my search!

..or.. get this.. record yourself humming it and let us hear it.. then everybody wins..

But then I'd have to physically hum it...and...and...well...Maybe.

Wow, this topic has really taken off.

As for me, hmmm, if the show is genuinely funny I can pretty much ignore it as I'm laughing at the same time as the canned laughter. However, if the show is painfully unfunny it really stands out and begins to irritate me. It really isn't needed to make a program funny though. Examples of this can be seen in the likes of Spaced, no laughter, but hilarity a plenty.

Canned laughter on the Boosh? Good god, that must of been awful.

I agree that if tis done well, its fine but My Family is the worst offender IMHO.

Oh god, the Friends thing just came on again. Good episode though.