NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
conzer16

Deskop items annoyance

I'm running XP Pro, and recently everytime I boot up my laptop the desktop items aren't where they were when I switched off last time. I really haven't a clue how they are moving about when the computer is switched off, and it is getting very annoying having to rearrange them every time I log on!

Can anyone offer any ideas?

:heh:

Are they rearanging to the same places every time? And are you shutting down properly?

Yes and yes. They are always in the same place (differnent to where I lieft them) when I boot up. The first time I discovered it, I reckoned it was due to a crash during shutdown, but no, tis the same when I shutdown properly.

When you say they're always in the same place, is it the bottom ones moving up and leaving a gap at the bottom? If it is it could be to do with your graphics card disabling before the system shuts down, causing it to switch resolutions and shift everything up... otherwise I can't really think of an explanation for that o_O

I dunno o_o only thing I can think of is update your video card drivers but I wouldn't assume that will fix it.

If you know what video card you have, go to the manufacturer's website and get the latest drivers from their download or support section. If you don't know what card you have: Click start > run > enter "dxdiag" and look in the "display" tab.

also stop putting so many items on your desktop, the start menu is for launching programs as are toolbars, the desktop is for keeping clean

Sign in to follow this