NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MoogleViper

Wiimote batteries

I have a couple of 12 Packs of Duracell Plus batteries from the place where I work, and I may stock up on a few more as they seem to last long enough.. over the 2 remotes, one has had one battery change, the other has had two..

..and the packet of batteries costs £3.29.. which for 12 duracells is pretty good..

may have to get a few more packets in case we run out :heh:

The way I see it, all the batteries are rabbits climbing up a cliff. Duracell is the only rabbit that makes it to the top!

I'm using UNiROSS rechargeable batteries. They were on sale at argos, charger and 4 batteries for £9.99. Work fine and dandy, 2100mAh, lasted me about a week and they started half full.

i've been away on holiday and ocme back to find the batteries in one of my remotes has run out ;[ i used the ones that came with my controller so its ok but i was surprised to find they have run out so quickly. time for some rechargable batteries me thinks! thanks for argos tip

My batteries went empty in three days, but I did play a lot...

I mean those batteries that came along with my Wii. And I don't think they were high guality.

I have been using some cheap 'Wilko's' batteries and i have found that they will last just over a week or longer depending on how much i play... and i play alot! But my second controller that my dad uses to play wiisports has only had one change of batteries since launch! He also plays a lot.

Obviously it depends on what features of the controller the games are using, for example i don't think that GT Pro series uses much energy at all.

I would also give a warning about using rechargable batteries as i have had a few bad experiences with them running out of power within minutes in other electronic devices.

Ok, I found out why my Wiimotes was going thru batteries like 'nowt. The Wiimote, if not paired with a Wii, will flash the blue LEDs if you push any button. What you don't know is the Wiimote is also attempting to pair with a Wii, and nuking the batteries at the same time. AND - when the Wii switches WiiChannel, it re-pairs the Wiinotes again (watch your Wiimotes LEDs switch off and on!)

So, when your Wii is off (!), try to keep your Wiimotes button side up, cos button pressing will drain your batteries...

(I have a piece of kit that allows me to monitor Bluetooth radio signals and it proved that the Wiimote goes BT mad if a Wii isn't on nearby. Also it proved that the Wiimote doesn't always reconnect when WiiChannel switching)

:grin:

well the batteries that came with mine have only just ran out (i got my wii at christmas) I have had 20 hours of zelda and about 10 on the other games all together. Im using Duracell now which in past electronics last ages.

BTW i have my rumble off because it gets on my nerves, to me it feels like a pulse more than a rumble.

well the batteries that came with mine have only just ran out (i got my wii at christmas) I have had 20 hours of zelda and about 10 on the other games all together. Im using Duracell now which in past electronics last ages.

BTW i have my rumble off because it gets on my nerves, to me it feels like a pulse more than a rumble.

But it makes it feel more like you're hitting the ball in wiisports.

So, when your Wii is off (!), try to keep your Wiimotes button side up, cos button pressing will drain your batteries...

the weight of the controller is nowhere near enough to press a button...

I once bought a 30-pack of AA batteries for 99p. Two of them lasted for 20 minutes in a portable CD player. Good times...

Currently I'm using Duracell Ultra M3s in my Remote purely because I have an 8-pack of them lying around. They last for about a week for me.

Got a pack of 15 Hyundai AAs for a quid from Poundland, works a treat. :)

Exactly what I bought, and they're running out pretty damn fast. I figured they'd be crap but still last a little while and £1 for 15 is pretty great. However, a few (3/4) hours of Zelda is running a pair right down to needing replaced.

I think a charger and a few rechargable batteries is the way to go :(

I just got 4 Panasonic Ni-Mh rechargeable batteries and all my problems were solved.

Thanks for the tip Hellfire, I was just going to ask :heh:

My Wii's on double load (me and my bro play it like, four hours a day in total) so I have to change batteries every week.

Thanks for the tip Hellfire, I was just going to ask :heh:

My Wii's on double load (me and my bro play it like, four hours a day in total) so I have to change batteries every week.

Anytime buddy, anytime.

I woke up the other day to find my half-full Duracell's had run out of charge overnight. Rhen I realized that the controller was put down in such a way that the B-Button was constantly pushed down - in other words, the Bluetooth signal was constantly searching for a Wii console to sync with.

Make sure that when you put your controllers down after play, no buttons are being pushed down. Believe it or not, the B button can be pressed with limited force :)

Sign in to follow this