NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DanielTimothy

Sofa Adverts . . .

It might just be me, but they're are really starting to get on my tits.

Martin Kemp? What the FUCK? He isn't even in anything anymore, he died in Eastenders years ago!

MartinKempAM85.gif

^WANK^

DFS have ran out of songs to play on their adverts! Children of the revolution? Where the hell is the revolution in buying a sofa?

The thing that gets me is . . who is buying them all? I mean, how many sofas does a person need?

So if anyone knows who is responsible for all these adverts feel free to tell me where they live.

Discuss.

The ad break for ET consisted completely of sofa ads. DFS, Land of Leather, come to us!

I despise these DFS ads, but they are still a million times better than the evil empire of advertworld, which is PC world.

The worst thing was when they went overload with them on Christmas eve/day, MAKE SURE YOU HURRY FOR OUR JANUARY SALE!OPENS BOXING DAY AT 9AM. Let people enjoy christmas ffs. And even now Christmas is over, it'd be a better place without them full stop. Oh and the music is always trying to be happy but in actual fact depressing.

There's that one advert that features a rip-off Bill Bailey type character.

Dunno what the hell its advertising. I just remember "you buy one, you get one free. I SAID YOU BUY ONE - YOU GET ONE FREE!"

Really makes me want to eat my own arse.

Dunno what the hell its advertising. I just remember "you buy one, you get one free. I SAID YOU BUY ONE - YOU GET ONE FREE!"

Wasn't it something to do with windows? (glass ones)

Wasn't it something to do with windows? (glass ones)

It might be. It's either windows or sofas. If I see the advert, I'll be able to clarify that.

Still though, I loathe him. He may be a nice guy and everything really, but he still makes my blood boil.

Safestyle UK.

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11372

Post in the adverts that blow topic bitches! :cry:

I'm so glad I can't be bothered to watch TV anymore.

Me too. There's never anything good on terrestrial channels other than football once every second week anyway.

Ironically, my mum bought a new sofa today, apparently its going to take 10-12 weeks to get delivered.

Ironically, my mum bought a new sofa today, apparently its going to take 10-12 weeks to get delivered.

Aaaah, but where did she get it from, and was she swayed by any of the adverts?

The thing that gets me is . . who is buying them all? I mean, how many sofas does a person need?

My parents. We currently have 27 sofas in our house.

In all seriousness, Sofa ads don't bug me much anymore, I've gotten used to them. It does make me wonder though, who thought of going into a sofa business, I mean, how much custom can they get in a day?When I was little I loved shopping for sofas though, as I'd just sit on one somewhere until my parents were finished and came back and found me, unless it was a really big store, where that didn't really work. Now that I think about it, I actually hated sofa shopping too! Sofas suck, everyone should sit on the floor.

Sofas don't bother me. The multitude of cushions however, pisses me off immensly.

See steve from coupling's monologue for what i'm on about.

See steve from coupling's monologue for what i'm on about.

That monologue is class. And he's absolutely right. Cushions are the most pointless things ever. Closely followed by Sofa adverts.

Lol, cushions! I love coupling, wish there'd been more of it. Didn't they try and bring in a poor replacement for geoff in the last series though? Just not happening.

Pretty much 5 minutes after my last post, I saw an advert for DFS followed right after by an advert for land of leather! Two of them back to back! I wouldn't have cared normally, but it made me really angry! GRR!

All adverts suck. Especially Cillit Bang!:angry:

All adverts today are aimed at commercially vulnerable housewives, who sit there, watch Loose Women, and probably go out and buy a sofa that was forced upon them by the one from Spandau Ballet!!!

All adverts suck. Especially Cillit Bang!:angry:

YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE.

Barry Scott is a national icon, he's also the only living man currently to use alot of cockney to sell a product, we must treasure him as the only piece of old fashioned england still alive.

YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE.

Barry Scott is a national icon, he's also the only living man currently to use alot of cockney to sell a product, we must treasure him as the only piece of old fashioned england still alive.

I never said I hate Mr. Scott, I just hate the ad, and how it lies.

I saw the sofa advert with all the snow and stuff, complete with utterly horrible CGI effects.

Please kill the people who made that.

I was the sofa advert with all the snow and stuff, complete with utterly horrible CGI effects.

What's it like? Being an advert?:p

What's it like? Being an advert?:p

Most times I notice when I accidentally write words backwards when typing (just some strange thing my fingers do without me realising...until FireFox tells me stuff is spelled wrong.)

Sign in to follow this