NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
chrizkerr2

Component AV Cable

So I finally managed to get a Component AV cable, after wiring it all up and playing Zelda TP for awhile, I felt the need to play some Zelda on VC. But after selecting play from the Wii channel, it came up with "Mode not supported" on my TV Screen...

So does that mean that the component AV cable doesn't work with NES VC games? And that Iam gunna have to keep switching between the AV cable and the component one when ever I feel the urge to play games on VC?

it could mean 50Hz and 60Hz you can change that in the wii settings, try lowering it then playing the game again.

When I select a VC game to play, my tv automatically detects this and goes from 480p to 576i.

i saw like five packages of 3rd party componet cables yesterday the store also had a couple classic controllers and all the games but that was it for wii stuff.

shame i dont have a tv compatable with componet cables

it could mean 50Hz and 60Hz you can change that in the wii settings, try lowering it then playing the game again.

Hmm, my tv is HD and I have that setting for the Wii (Thats with the component cable in) even if I switch to 60Hz with the component cable in, it still wont play the VC games, only when I switch back to the AV cable and back to 60Hz then it works fine.

Hmm, my tv is HD and I have that setting for the Wii (Thats with the component cable in) even if I switch to 60Hz with the component cable in, it still wont play the VC games, only when I switch back to the AV cable and back to 60Hz then it works fine.

Did you try 50Hz as well?

Sign in to follow this