NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
LeeWii

What game is it?/When's it out?

When viewing some of the Wii ads/promos, I noticed the possibility of using 2 Wiimotes as drumsticks.

Now, being a drummer myself, I would deeply like to know if this type of game will be released, what it's called and when it's out.

If anyone can update me, it will be much appreciated.:grin:

Infomation: So far, the only games revealed to be in Wii Music are the same ones shown since the Tokyo Game Show 2005 conference. Both of these games are fully playable.

Drums- In Drums, you use both the Wii controller and the Nunchuck together to simulate sticks. You use the drums just like you would do in real life, by moving your arms up and down to hit the drums and make noise. You hit the drums symphonically to make music. The game is revealed to have split-screen multiplayer.

Orchestra- In Orchestra, you will only use the the Wii controller, with your opposite arm free. You swing it up and down to a certain tempo. Moving the Wii controller quickly with no real rhythm your Miis will play frantically, and if you do the contrary, by doing slow, graceful movements will create dragging notes and longer tones. There are no indicators of any kind to tell you how good or bad you are conducting the song, you must try to match the original music as best you can remember, and experiment which movements give better results. At the song's conclusion a round of applause emanates from the TV and the game gives you a numerical score. Below the score, the game informs you of your rank as a conductor. The classifications include Passionate, Graceful, and Methodical. Those players keeping an even tempo through the song are usually ranked as Methodical, where as players who swung wildly without keeping track of the rhythm of the song are usually deemed as Passionate.

Since this game is still in development, more game modes could and are expected to be added to Wii Music.

might be an interesting game.

hopefully for the conducting we can use an MP3 file.

maybe this thread's name should become "wii music"

Sounds interesting. Also interested in that plane game which still hasn't been properly announced.

kapplin predicts "music is going to be important to the wii". I think this is going to be the same as nintendogs. I remember they had nintendogs in an old e3 trailer and no one gave two hoots. Same with music. Hope there is an elite beat agents and dancing game soon too.

WiiDrums sounded brilliant at first, but the thought of having no pedals at yer feet is... well... appalling.

WiiDrums sounded brilliant at first, but the thought of having no pedals at yer feet is... well... appalling.

Maybe you can selotape 2 wiimotes to your feet to use as pedals. :heh:

And how do you know what you're going to hit? Doing it with the tilt sensor would suck. Maybe it's just bongos...

i saw some footage of a guy using two remotes to play guitar, so there must be some sort of musical game coming out

i saw some footage of a guy using two remotes to play guitar, so there must be some sort of musical game coming out

I think that was homebrew on a pc. but still shows potential

in the official wii trailers the player were drumming on two wiimotes. Noku, perhaps they could release a footpedal extension with that game that connect to the remote. That would be awesome!

I'm hoping for a Band Brothers type of game. Give us the beats and we'll drum it up :D

in the official wii trailers the player were drumming on two wiimotes. Noku, perhaps they could release a footpedal extension with that game that connect to the remote. That would be awesome!

I'm hoping for a Band Brothers type of game. Give us the beats and we'll drum it up :D

Band brothers! I remember looking forward to that game before it was canned over here.

guitar hero & guitar hero II would be awesome.. I wanted a Ps2 just for that! I love that game.. *sigh*

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't NGamer Mag mention this in the Feb Mag edition? I would love a music game as I am a musical person..

Sign in to follow this