NEurope
Barry3000

Zelda Z-Targeting problems

Am I right in thinking that holding the Z-trigger should keep Link locked onto the selected enemy? When I Z-target it selects the enemy (with a red arrow above) and then de-selects them. Is this possible a problem with my nunchuck?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Barry

No, you need to hold Z down or you wont target the enemy. In my opinion it's better that way but it'd be nice to choose whether it's set to toggle or hold in the options. I think they did that in WindWaker but can't remember.

They let you toggle in Ocarina of Time, too. I always kept the button down when focuses, but Majora's Mask had it on Hold as a standard. never really noticed...

in previous zeldas i alwayas held the button down any way so this just seemed natural for me.

I hold down the Z-trigger, but it still de-selects the enemies after a second.

Well if you're sure you're holding it down properly then it sounds like the nun-chuck is faulty. Take it back to the shop or if it's the one that came with your console then send it to Nintendo? I dunno what you need to do with that.

Thanks for your advice. I have tried again and it would seem to be a faulty controller. Even if I keep the button held down as tight as I can it still de-selects the enemy after a second.

Thanks for your advice. I have tried again and it would seem to be a faulty controller. Even if I keep the button held down as tight as I can it still de-selects the enemy after a second.

Sounds to me like you have the toggle type as "switch". Change it to "hold" in the options.

i think you can choose to change the settings of the Z-target from "hold" to "switch" in TP also, i just always use "hold" cuz it feels more natural to have to keep the button pressed to maintain a lock on the target

i think you can choose to change the settings of the Z-target from "hold" to "switch" in TP also, i just always use "hold" cuz it feels more natural to have to keep the button pressed to maintain a lock on the target

Indeed, I think hold is the default.

Am I right in thinking that holding the Z-trigger should keep Link locked onto the selected enemy? When I Z-target it selects the enemy (with a red arrow above) and then de-selects them. Is this possible a problem with my nunchuck?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Barry

It's in the options!

It's in the options!

I think he tried that by now. He read that for about six times now, and maybe the problem's with the Nunchuk...

I think he tried that by now. He read that for about six times now, and maybe the problem's with the Nunchuk...

I tested it by putting it onto "switch" - does exactly what he said his was doing.

I never really liked holding it down (which is why I put it on toggle in the settings of every Zelda game I have), my finger gets tired if I'm in a long battle.

I never really liked holding it down (which is why I put it on toggle in the settings of every Zelda game I have), my finger gets tired if I'm in a long battle.

But if there are two enemies, you can't do anything else but switch between them, and with focus on, the movements are limited and annoying. It's quite annoying. That's why I put it on switch, to be able to flee from battle. Not that it happens often, though...

But if there are two enemies, you can't do anything else but switch between them, and with focus on, the movements are limited and annoying. It's quite annoying. That's why I put it on switch, to be able to flee from battle. Not that it happens often, though...

No, I just push down on the control stick until I get away from the enemy and the lock goes off.

uh...yeah there is, you can just press it twice :D

uh...yeah there is, you can just press it twice :D

Never knew that. Well, I like holding the button down anyway, so there's no need to store the information. Argh! Can't get it out of my mind...