NEurope
KKOB

Best Final Fantasy Game?

Trust me if you can play FFVII with cow-hooves cloud and dodgy 3D models, you can handle this. While Squall's face can be a bit jaggy, it ultimately looks this way as they are going for a realistic approach rather than the anime style in say IX. Needless to say, nothing else looks jaggy (the backgrounds). Make sure you don't play it on PC or the reverse may well be correct. And the FMVs were groundbreaking...

I'll always remember the first time I saw Esthar...

I actually preferred the blocky visuals of FF7 to the jaggied FF8. FF7 used a more cartoony style for most of the game and that gave it rich colours and the blocky models gave the visuals a some what smoother look. I really think FF8 should have been saved till late (around FF9's time) or made for the PS2.

Really? That is the first time I have heard someone prefer VII's visuals to VIII. But each to their own I suppose. :p

IX>VII and VIII

In terms of graphics.......bah screw it, it's better in all then those 2 games IMO. The game felt more like a fantasy ^_^

IX>VII and VIII

In terms of graphics.......bah screw it, it's better in all then those 2 games IMO. The game felt more like a fantasy ^_^

I would agree with you on the pre drawn backgrounds and character models, but VIII seemed to have more detailed FMVs (and a lot more of them).

How people can actually like FFVII, is beyond me. I don't care how good the story is, the game itself is just awfull.

I hate most final fantasy games to be honest. i'm forced the believe it's a very overated series after playing final fantasy x..... just don't get it it at all..

Each to their own and i guess i'm in a minority here.

I would agree with you on the pre drawn backgrounds and character models, but VIII seemed to have more detailed FMVs (and a lot more of them).

Which is good, but I would rather play a game then watch a movie, just look at Final Fantasy X, I was really put off that game because it was all 'blah blah blah for 20 mins....oh fight' after fighting one enemy 'Oh that was close 'blah blah blah' Yes I know I am exaggerating about that but thats what it really felt like

Personally, I used to stay well away from FF games due to the hype being nauseating and not really enjoying the demos at all or the bits I've played of the ps1 ones. That said, I own FFX (after my b/f making me play it then not letting me finish it on his version so had to buy my own copy), FFX-2, and FFXII and out of those I've enjoyed FFXII the most, mainly for the stunning scenery, and battle system - I find turn based on a non hand held a bit tedious. I still think FF is over-rated though.