NEurope
KKOB

Best Final Fantasy Game?

FF8, Absolutely Incredible, It took me around a year on a single game to complete it, the only Original PS1 game I have kept

You are cool, and have great tastes in games :awesome:

never played 10-2

Consider yourself lucky. I sometimes wish I simply hadn't tried playing it.

Consider yourself lucky. I sometimes wish I simply hadn't tried playing it.

I actually didnt mind the game. The cutscene in the middle of the game where Yuna gives a concert in the Thunder Plains is outstanding. Also the 100% ending is a must see if you like the FFX universe.

I actually didnt mind the game. The cutscene in the middle of the game where Yuna gives a concert in the Thunder Plains is outstanding. Also the 100% ending is a must see if you like the FFX universe.

Although most of the environments were still exactly the same, it just felt like a completely different place. Rather than a homecoming to the world I spent 120 hours in, I found some kind of charlie's angels girl-power thing. Like as if in the time of my absence from the world of FFX things really got messed up. It almost felt more like a parody of FFX than a real sequel to me. There wasn't really anything wrong with the mission structure in my opinion, and some of the sidequests were actually quite enjoyable. It was simply the main storyline that made me stop playing it.

I notice that many of these opinions are from FFVII and up this says to me that many of you have not played the first six which is where the series truly shines FFVI is the best VII is actually the beginning of the series decline. V, IV, are excellent games V has a very well developed job system III lacks in the story but is still decent. II is a series departure. think Zelda II completly different hated by all (almost I liked it) and the original is a fair game

I played VI about 2 years ago on the PSONE after everyone kept raving on about it and I was very disappointed. I just didnt like the storyline and there were far too many characters in the game so you couldnt really get to know all of them. Also Kefka sucked as a bad guy, I havent a clue why alot of people on Gamefaqs rate him so highly.

I am also on playing FFIII on the DS and although the game itself is good the storyline blows which for me is one of the most important aspects of a RPG game. I know it was made many moons ago but they could have at leats fleshed the storyline out when they remade it for the DS.

I have FF I+II on the GBA to play, its still sealed but I may play the PSP versions of these games.

I notice that many of these opinions are from FFVII and up this says to me that many of you have not played the first six which is where the series truly shines FFVI is the best VII is actually the beginning of the series decline. V, IV, are excellent games V has a very well developed job system III lacks in the story but is still decent. II is a series departure. think Zelda II completly different hated by all (almost I liked it) and the original is a fair game

I played 1-6 and they certainly were very good. In fact, the first FF games I played were 1 and 2j. I played the first 10 hours or so of 7 after that and continued to play 3-6. Then finally got my hands on 7 again. Although 6 certainly was very good (one of the best), 7 is still the greatest for me. For me, the decline really started at 10. Good RPG, but not one of the best FF's.

Also Kefka sucked as a bad guy, I havent a clue why alot of people on Gamefaqs rate him so highly.

For me, it was his theme. That, and the scene when he first appeared (when he was travelling to Figaro castle complaining there was sand on his shoes).

Whats everyones' favorate piece of music from the FF games?

For me, FF7's main Boss battle theme has to be the greatest of them all. Safer Sephiroth's battle music deserves a mention too.

FF9 had the best normal fight theme, and the best Final boss music also.

FF8 deserves a mention for its boss theme too.

Hmm, favourite music from FF? Good question and a very hard one aswell.

I have many favourites which I will list....

FFVI:- I cant remember the name of the character but the music plays when she is standing at the balcony of a castle, it is very much likes Aeris theme.

FFVII:- The best in the series ( that I have played ) in terms of music. The boss battle music, Jenovas Theme, One Winged Angel, Aeris Theme and Cosmo Canyon Theme are all amazing.

FFVIII:- Cant remember what its called but the opening FMV song is simply fantastic as is the card game music.

FFX:- The main theme music that plays throughout the game is a favourite of mine and the normal battle music rocks aswell.

FFVI:- I cant remember the name of the character but the music plays when she is standing at the balcony of a castle, it is very much likes Aeris theme.

That was Celes.

My personal favourites: "anxious heart" from FF7 and the boss battle themes from FF7 and 8.

That was Celes.

Yeah thats the one! Anyone know what that song is called so that I go look for it?

Final Fantasy Music Peaked at VII no doubt, Umaetsu's greatest work was in that game; One Winged Angel, Aeris' Theme, The Overworld Theme and Those Who Fight Further all outstanding pieces of music that should be heard by everyone.

The main theme of X was another great piece of work by Umaetsu, he really is the John Williams of videogames.

Yeah thats the one! Anyone know what that song is called so that I go look for it?

FFVI Opera theme. And get the FFVI Ending theme while your at it. Best FF music ever imo.

Whats everyones' favorate piece of music from the FF games?

For me, FF7's main Boss battle theme has to be the greatest of them all. Safer Sephiroth's battle music deserves a mention too.

FF9 had the best normal fight theme, and the best Final boss music also.

FF8 deserves a mention for its boss theme too.

Good Question

That song with Squall and Rinoa in that ship On FF8, was a very powerful moment Faye Wong-Eyes On You

The opening scene, was also very intense as well

As a matter of interest, I'm sure they had a FF8 Concert with all their songs, played by an Orchestra, I saw it on some Gaming Program the other month...

FF VI closely followed by IV, reason why was that those 2 games didn't need FMV's to make it look good, it just relied on gameplay which is one of the reasons why I like the NES and SNES FF games

To be honest I have enjoyed every single one of them before 11.

11 shouldn;t have been in the main series it was just, pointless. 12 I felt was more like a sequal to 11, albiet more story and character but the game still played very much like a MMORPG.

Even as such it didn't have the same depth as previous games. Plus, Vaan sucks.

As such I would probably say 7 or 8 as my favourites closely followed by 6 and 9, then the rest.

XI should never have been born! Evil bastard child of the series.

FF IX and XII are the best imo. IV and VI are great too though ^_^

Eyes on You is a fantastic song! and i haven't even got the attachment to it from FF VII.

My favorites are FFIII and FFVI. In my opinion, all the FF games after FFVI went hidiously down-hill (they bored me to death) and are some of the most overrated games of all time.

Well, ive played III, IV, and VII to the end, did most of X and have just stared VI, I think X was the weak point for me, i didn't like how it was just big environments with no real over world to explore, it felt kinda restricted.

III was alright, it looked cool on the DS and i like the jobs system, but it makes every one seem dull, no personality, if you follow. And the story was pretty poor.

I think i prefer IV to VII in terms of story, every one winges about the big death in VII (won't spoil it if you some how don't know), Practicaly every one in your party appears dead at some point in IV. I love IV's theam of redemtion and sacrafice, and every single playable caracter had a tonn of personality, and lets face it, steeling the red wings ships makes you feel like a big man.

VII was also very good, every one was so full of personality, i did love cid, and it pained me to leave him out of my main 3 for the final battle, but tifa had the moves and vincent was bad ass. only thing i didn't like about VII was raising and racing chocobos, but knights of the round was worth it.

VI is off to a good start, a load of likable party members, good start to the story, epic feel, magitec, what could be better?

Heard a few people say this, I can also relate to Squall, he in my view was the best Main Character in the FF series...

supper psyched, my housemate is buying ffVIII and a ps2 next year so we can go through that and then XII.

VI is getting goooooooood

I've had bad luck with Final Fantasy games. My first was X, but disc ended up scratched before I ever got past some annoying dragon. My friend then let me borrow VII, but she took it back before I got a chance to complete it. She also lent me her memory card, and since I lost that, I don't think I"ll ever play it. Losing that much progress is too depressing. Tried I and II, but I never really got into them. My girlfriend is currently playing VI, and will let me borrow it when she finishes. I only played the demo for XII that I got with Dragon Quest VIII, but it wasn't too interesting to me. Maybe I'll play it someday, though. Also, a friend gave me VIII or IX (can't even remember anymore), but I didn't own a PSX memory card. Another friend asked if she could borrow it while I didn't have one, and she ended up never giving it back.

I preferred VII out of all I tried, but that's not saying much.

As for music, Aeris's Theme definitely stuck with me. I still feel a bit melancholy upon hearing it...

The only ones I played seriously were FF6, FF7 and FF9.

I also played FF1 (GBA remake) and FF4 (just the beginning).

My thoughts:

-FF1: Meh. Didn't have a good story or gameplay and the random battles were simply annoying. Definetely outdated.

-FF4: Probably has a good story, but gameplay didn't hook me and was boring.

-FF6: Very good. I never completed it since I let one of my characters die (you probably know who it is if you played) and then lost interest. Still a good game, loved the boss themes.

-FF7: Definetely overrated by fanboys, but had a great story, cool characters and amazing music.

-FF9: My favorite. I loved everything. Music, plot, characters, fluid gameplay, graphics, design, art style,... Plus, I prefer a medieval setting over a futuristic one any day. This game is the main reason I'm hyped for ASH.

I've been meaning to play FF8 one day, but I'm a bit busy replaying FF9 right now :grin:.

But FF8 has definetely sparked my interest after hearing the mixed reactions.

I've been meaning to play FF8 one day, but I'm a bit busy replaying FF9 right now :grin:.

But FF8 has definetely sparked my interest after hearing the mixed reactions.

Aye, FF8 is definetly worth a playthrough. It's a love or hate game I suppose although most people I talk to claim it is the worst Final Fantasy but still believe it's quite a good game.

I myself belive it is deserving of the top 3.