NEurope
KKOB

Best Final Fantasy Game?

CC was fun is you actually had the time to gather 3 others with GBA's and adaptors.

But anyway I felt it was a major upset. Square have always been one for heading to the console that sells the most and I think they were just testing the waters.

Unfortunatly they should have tested it with a Dreadnought instead of a canoe.

Best Final Fantasy game however? For me it has to be seven. No other game has made me play it to the end 20+ and buying a seperate, low spec pc to play it on.

Although I don't like to pick, because IV VI VIII IX come very close.

X was all flash but lacked in a way. Featured graphics and voice acting so naturally that warrants it as amazing in most fans books.

XI shouldn't have been in the series. FF Online would have made more sense.

XII...doesn't feel like a final fantasy? It's entertaining but I feel it may be my last one as XIII seems to want to implement the same sort of Action RPG system they have going and well, it just doesn't do it for me.

They want seamless battle system - I say Chrono Trigger.

XII...doesn't feel like a final fantasy? It's entertaining but I feel it may be my last one as XIII seems to want to implement the same sort of Action RPG system they have going and well, it just doesn't do it for me.

Dragon Quest more your thing then? proper old school turn based, random battles galore?

Dragon Quest more your thing then? proper old school turn based, random battles galore?

Actually never played Dragon Quest properly, only a demo that square europe were giving away free. Want to though.

I must admit though I do enjoy turn based far more than action based. The gambits seem like just a simple way of programming bots and on occasion they don't work.

Steal is an example of failed gambits.

It just feels like to me that they updated FF 11 to fit solo play with a bit of kingdom hearts mixed in.

Vaan also makes me cringe way too often.

Final Fantasy VII for me. One important reason for my choice would probably be that it was my first big RPG and it really made a huge impression on me (still pretty much obsessed with it 8 years after i first played it). One of the things I particularly liked about it was how it took about 10 hours before you first got to see the overworld. The game took its time introducing the various important characters and to set the stage for what was to come. When you finally started thinking Midgar was where the whole game would take place, you suddenly arrived on the overworld. The game felt none less than epic and had a great story and (in my opinion) the best cast of any RPG I have thus far played. And then there was of course the intro movie. It was representative of the epicness that would characterize the rest of the game.

Has anyone imported FFIII for the DS? anygood?

I played (a translation of) the original NES version... It was quite good.

Has anyone imported FFIII for the DS? anygood?

Yup, been playing it here and there. The story is pretty poor ( 4 kids against the world ) but the gameplay is solid enough. Its well worth a look if you like FF games which I know you do.

Yup, been playing it here and there. The story is pretty poor ( 4 kids against the world ) but the gameplay is solid enough. Its well worth a look if you like FF games which I know you do.

agree with you, the story justtells you where to go to fight tougher monsters really, the combat in it is probably the simplist and the most fluid i suppose of the early FF games, it just kinda flows and is really fun and satisfying.

don't see the point of SE putting that whole mognet thing in, seems very pointless to me.

FF9.

No stupid Squall.

No pointlessly emotional lacking Cloud.

No retarded stupidly annoying Seprioth.

You get an awesome monkey boy called Zidane, what else could you want?

FF9.

No stupid Squall.

No pointlessly emotional lacking Cloud.

No retarded stupidly annoying Seprioth.

You get an awesome monkey boy called Zidane, what else could you want?

A good game.

It's so wierd that opinions always vary when it comes to Final Fantasy, people can never seem to agree on which games are better, it's never as simple as you either love the series or hate it.

But I do notice that a lot of people that like 7 and 9 tend to hate 8 and 12.

I nearly fit into that stereotype except I really like 12, even though I haven't touched it in a while....

Well at least we can all agree that 10 sucked and that we all probably never played 11.

I'll restate my opinions. Eight is the best, followed by nine, followed by seven, followed by ten. X-2 can't be mentioned in the same sentance. Haven't completed Twelve yet, I got bored.

A good game.

It made me lol, but your clinically retarded if you dont think its atleast good

It's so wierd that opinions always vary when it comes to Final Fantasy, people can never seem to agree on which games are better, it's never as simple as you either love the series or hate it.

I nearly fit into that stereotype except I really like 12, even though I haven't touched it in a while....

Well at least we can all agree that 10 sucked and that we all probably never played 11.

I actually like both 7 and 8 (obsessed with 7, 8 the second-best ff), although I'm less of a fan of 9 and 12. I did enjoy 9, but I didn't really like the throwback to the medieval setting (preferred the futuristic style myself).

I don't think 10 sucked. Kicks the shit out of 12 anyday.

I don't think 10 sucked. Kicks the shit out of 12 anyday.

10 sucked hard because of the aged and limited battle system, the dull characters and poor voice acting attempt.

While Final Fantasy 12 is a great RPG but not a great Final Fantasy game.

Ten didn't suck by any means. It just wasn't quite as good as the PS1 final fantasys. They also did really well in making it very atmosphetic and immersive despite a lot of the shortcomings with the gameplay. I didn't think the voiceacting was that bad, only Yuna was poor. You also got blitzball, one of the best minigames in any final fantasy (the best minigame is probably triple triad).

I can't exactly agree either that 10 simply sucked (spent almost 120 hours on that game), although it was probably one of my least favourite ff games (still a good rpg though). It got better once it opened up a little more and you could actually do a little exploring and some side quests. My main problem with the game, however, was Tidus. I really hated him. He was simply the opposite of what Cloud and Squall were. Sometimes I miss the days of the older 16 bit rpg's: a little less character development and more gameplay sometimes actually is a good thing, especially when you dislike the main character.

i hated the lack of a proper open world in FF X, it really got to me.

I have also noticed that people who liked 8 didn't like 7 and 9 and vice versa.

My favourite so far has been 9, didn't get on with 8, loved 7 and 10, never played 10-2 and haven't got 12 yet. FF11 was total shit and a waste of the number 11 if you ask me, and I love MMO's!

I used to have 7, 8 and 9 all mint not platinum but I sold my 9 whyyyyyyyyy its the best one and it was mint, I'll never replace it :shakehead

FF8, Absolutely Incredible, It took me around a year on a single game to complete it, the only Original PS1 game I have kept