NEurope
KKOB

Best Final Fantasy Game?

Final Fantasy III. VII is overrated, but is the best game of all time according to gamefaqs.com when they conducted the poll a few years back, opinions would probably differ a bit now though...

Nah the best game was voted Ocarina of Time

Nah the best game was voted Ocarina of Time

I really wish that were reality, but it isn't. Final Fantasy VII was voted the best game of all time followed by OOT on Gamefaqs.com, check the internet, you'll get verification there. The Legend Of Zelda was voted best series ever and Link has won most character battles, not suprisingly seeing that these humungous monsters attack him and he only loses a quarter of a heart.

Nah I was a moody SOB who didnt want anyones help and just wanted to be left alone to get on with things myself.

That's wierd because I could relate to Zidane (main character from FFIX) a lot...

Except my long tail is on the other side. :hehe:

I really wish that were reality, but it isn't. Final Fantasy VII was voted the best game of all time followed by OOT on Gamefaqs.com, check the internet, you'll get verification there. The Legend Of Zelda was voted best series ever and Link has won most character battles, not suprisingly seeing that these humungous monsters attack him and he only loses a quarter of a heart.

I'd rate FFVII alot higher than OOT but hey thats just the difference of opinion person to person. Id add I never bought OOT for my N64 an only go it on the Cube which is probably why I can't see why everyone calls it the greatest game ever.

Anyway back to topic - Definitly FFIX

WOOOOOO! :yay:

I got my FF IX non-platinum through the post today in mint condition :D:yay: :yay: :yay:

I'd say VII is my favourite. My reasoning probably true for many. it was the first 3D RPG I had ever played, and definitely the first RPG I had taken seriously.

The characters were fantastic, the materia system is by far the best way to use magic. I'm not a fan of set magix users/summoners etc. Overall an amazing story.

You might be right there. Link is by far the greatest hero in the video gaming world though. Gamefaqs is a site with a heavy tilt toward RPGs and a large bias against microsoft.

FF7 looked like it belonged on N64 while FF8 looked like a proper Playstation version. It was great. My favourite by far. I loved that you could drive around in a car rather than the usual chocobos.

Everything mentioned above about it I loved too. The beach to battle beginning always gets me in the mood. And Seifer taking down Odin was epic for me. Best FF moment ever.

Seven also got boring near the end, for me, as I had go back level up my characters more. And making Ribbons was a pain in the arse.

At the last battle on ffix i could beat trance kuja, but when the made you battle that random boss staright after, I just couldnt do it. I was like 10-11

VI IMO is the best the five before it were excellent VII was good but it marked the series decline VIII was crap I played it untill 4th disc IX wasn't bad but nothing compared to its predeccessors X was much to linear like an interactive movie XI,X-2, and XII i haven't played and have heard mixed things

I'm going to say IX. I enjoyed VII & VIII but IX has something that grabs me, but I don't know what, maybe it's the charm, or the fantastic music, I just don't know...I'll need to play it again.

I'm ashamed to say I haven't actually played Final Fantasy. I'm getting 3 for the DS though and if PS2's ever sell for less than 100 bloody pounds (closer to 30) then I'll catch up.

7 is clearly the best due to the revolutionary style of the game.

However, my favourite is Final Fantasy IX. Just loved the traditional style, and the nice feel good plot.

7 is clearly the best due to the revolutionary style of the game.

However, my favourite is Final Fantasy IX. Just loved the traditional style, and the nice feel good plot.

Yet you're named after a character from FF VIII hmm.......

In my opinion, VIII had the best storyline, the best system, and the best ff world. It was also challenging, demanding you to train your squad for hours to get them in top notch for the big battles that reaped huge reward in terms of satisfaction. It was also one of the first games to wow me in terms of graphics.

You won't regret playing it again, the game gets much better past the 1st disc.

This man speaks the truth.

The original Final Fantasy on Nintendo Entertainment System that never saw a release in PAL regions. One of the only Final Fantasy games in the series to have Nintendo console exclusivity.

I have only played, VII, and X properly, played abit of IX and GBA CC, I also own X-2 but haven't touched it yet. I like both VII and X, but VII seemed to have a better storyline. I also bought VII for £2 brand new in a virgin shop's clearance section :D

The original Final Fantasy on Nintendo Entertainment System that never saw a release in PAL regions. One of the only Final Fantasy games in the series to have Nintendo console exclusivity.

So have you actually played this game? Or are you stating that it is the best merely because it was a Nintendo exclusive? If you are, then just please go away.

So have you actually played this game? Or are you stating that it is the best merely because it was a Nintendo exclusive? If you are, then just please go away.

It's most likely the latter. Check his post history. Gotta love Solitanze.