NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
system_error

Molyneux again on the Revolution Controller

Molyneux founder of the Lionhead development studios spoke again about the Revolution controller:

He thinks that the Revolution controller could indeed trigger a gaming Revolution because it makes room for more ways in games. Molyneux claims that the controller will change game design even more than better hardware would do. Furthermore he is sure that it opens the possibily for whole new genres which consoles lacked until now.

The unique feature of the PC was the mouse and with the Revolution controller real time strategy games can easily made for the Revolution too. It is Molyneux opinion that there will be games only developed for the Revolution.

Source:

http://www.totalvideogames.com/articles/Lionhead_Q&A_Feature_8659_0_0_310_0_0_40.htm

The whole "3D Mouse" thing is begging for a Black and White game. Maybe Rev will get a reputation for god games and RTS...

Hes right about that,Revo brings consoles closer to pcs in that aspect. FPS, RTS and such will now be more easily played outside of PCs.

Surely he's thinking about porting Black & White 2 then.

This is the second positive comment to come from Lionhead Studios since the controllers unveiling............which surely points to Lionhead having atleast one title in planning stages at the moment. :wink:

One of my mates, says that he hates the controller, when he truly knows fuck all. However he loves FPS's and RTS games. So I can't see him not liking Revolution.

nice stuff from Molyneux, he's an awesome dude lol.

ye i'm thinking REV will be getting a LOT of FPS, RTS and sports games :)

I don't want to hear positive stuff about the controller, but if they will actually make games for the damn thing.

Thats good news. I really like molyneux as a developer. Yes he completely overhypes his games and a few dont reach their ptoential, but he has amazing vision and tries to do things new and exiciting. I'm a little dissapointed at b&w 2, but its actully a good game, everyone expected the most amazinggame ever, so of course its a let down. If lionhead to make any games for the rev, was can safely assume they will make good us of the controller in a unique (or very practical) way.

im confisent rev will revolutionise every thing and change everything nintendo have might the right decision and it WILL work in their favor

Well Nintendo did the same thing with the stylus in the DS didn't they? They brought the advantages of the mouse to a handheld, and Black and White is being developed for that. Now they've done the same for a home console, but they've also improved it as well. Making it fully 3D, and not confined to 2 axis. I can deffinately expect Black and White to make it's way over to the Rev, along with many more gmaes that were previously not suited to consoles.

Oh I forgot about Black and White on DS! =D yay.

Well its all great n stuff saying Rev will be perfect for this and that but its all just words unless Nintendo actually manage to sell their console to developers.

I would LOVE Black and White 2 and all that, lets see if Nintendo handle this wave of possitivity well.

Sign in to follow this